It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, we can't afford secret space programs, moon bases, or giant underground bases you say?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In a recent thread there were replies by people apparently in the military and Nasa and other government agencies stating that there was no way we could afford a secret space program or moon bases. One of the reasons was that there was still 60's tech being used which could use updating and there was no funding for those equipment replacements. And you may have read about how Nasa is having budget problems and people are arguing if we can afford a large rocket again, like our good old Saturn 5 that put us on the moon to begin with back a few decades. And of course, now the government is telling us how deep in debt we are, how we need to tighten our belts, social programs need to be cut, and we may even take a hit on the Euro problems, so no WAY could we have a secret space fleet or anything happening on the moon!
I'm not here to argue about a moon base or space fleet, though I find those threads fascinating. But when it comes to funding...... here are a few articles on missing TRILLIONS, as reported to and from our own government. Assuming there's always more than meets the eye, can we guess it might be more than this? My Dad worked for GAO (the investigative arm of Congress, widely respected for being non-political and one of the few agencies that does its job well and knows it's stuff, the General Accountability Office, formerly the General Accounting Office) and was a fairly big wig. We had the Controller General over for dinner, generals, senators, congressmen, and all kinds of interesting people were met by me while growing up. And frankly, my Dad always said Congress was basically made up of people who were either criminal, stupid, or both. He DID respect a few, such as former Senator Proxmire and his Golden Fleece awards for stupid government spending. Anyway.... listed below are only a few articles of missing TRILLIONS of dollars. Moon base? Space fleet? Would you like that gold plated sir?
Bear in mind that these are only a few reports about missing money from the pentagon. This doesn't include all the money missing from the latest bailouts, other government agencies, and secret Black Budget funds, for example. Who knows how much else is missing? Is a Quadrillion out of the question? Could we afford a few toys with that much money?

www.wanttoknow.info...

articles.sfgate.com...

finance.yahoo.com...

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
with all that missing money

its really more difficult then just dash some money at it ..

its more of a technical problem then it is a financial one .

don't forget all the amatuer astronamers that would be all up on such activities going on in the moon and ships leaving earth to resupply ..

sure all that money is missing , but politics is about greed

just look at how the politicians are living and how much money they have in there accounts and what not .

millionairs lol

im sure there are other black budget ops going on with special weapons

just remember aslong as you are global super power with the best toys

you are king .

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am 99% sure a lot of the triangular UFO's are actually top secret military craft utilizing advanced propulsion systems.
edit on 16-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

In support of the argument that the OP is making, I ask this question.

Why are spending cuts always aimed at welfare for individuals who are least able to afford cuts, and not aimed at cuts to corporate welfare in all its forms? Look at the amount of welfare, handed out to banks in recent years. This is the case in all western countries.

Moreover, from what I have gathered from research on the internet, no countries publish a full set of budget accounts detailing actual spending compared to total income and where the money has gone in the various areas.

The best that Joe and Jane Public get is the total announced budget to be spent and how much the various programs are going to be implemented, cost. To the best of my knowledge no government publishes detailed accounts that Jane and Joe public and go and study to prove the government right.

Any accounts published by governments are so vague, or even overloading of detail, for that matter, that they are designed to confuse any who study them. This in itself points to a strong likelihood that the intent of such vagueness or overloading of detail is intended to disguise spending on black budgets.

I would also ask this question, why are cuts to the war industry never proposed?

I think many people are becoming aware these days that their only role as far as government is concerned is to be tax donors to corporate welfare.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

how many people/astrologers could've seen the nuclear bombs that were detonated in the atmosphere over the years? how many pictures of this have you seen??

how many pictures of things like the Tr 3B and SR71 did you see over the years before it was declassified...? and we're still waiting for the TR3B!!!

how much of a technical problem than a financial one would it be if you had trillions of dollars to throw at problems with the best minds around on the problems???

the level of technology they're sat on would boggle your mind dude.. look at what hitler was messing around with towards the end of the war, 75+ years ago, and project paper clip,, how far do you think they've come with things now???

i think you had better start doing some mind opening exercises dude, and start thinking out side the box!!

i reckon the last 75 years we should have been gradually been building up to a star trek type age instead we're gonna get catapulted into a star wars type era..... Avit!

what length do you think the nazi zionist 'elites' would go to to protect their slaves??? its gonna get interesting!!
edit on 16/9/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Government would not use tax dollars to fund secret operations because at the end of the year they have to release documents on what they spend that money on. Either way, I would think that they would be smart enough to "steal" tax dollars. Just imagine all the secret operations that have been kept from the public. MKultra was 60 years ago we did not know about it until the 70's and thats only because some files got miss filed. Think about all those other programs witch have made AMAZING advancements that the public does not know about. We wear able to turn people into robots in the 50's I wonder what we can do now. NASA would not have any thing to do with moon bases. It would be very stupid of the Goverment if they wanted to keep it a secret. Most likely their are multiple agency's like NASA that are kept hidden.

I am not saying this is the only income they could get for these type of projects but a majority of it would come from drug money and weapon sells. We all know that making drugs illegal only gives power to gangs and cartels. So why keep them illegal? Untraceable money, the CIA has been caught many times selling coc aine. One of the most famous examples is freeway ricky ross. Drugs are the world 2nd largest money making industry, the 1st is selling guns. Their is allot of money to be made.

They have technology 75 years ahead of what we are using now. They use fiber optic light computers that are a million times faster any home pc. I bet they would not even need to fly to the moon to have bases on the moon.
edit on 16-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
so does this mean the apollo misison went to the moon ?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

i know one thing,, it didn't happen like the tv programmed us to believe!!

i think it was just a scam to blag more money to get the real/secret space programme going!!

you think of the anicient knowledge they're sat on.. the people in the know understand our true origins, whats on the moon and mars etc.. have you read thehiddenrecords.com... ??

all those experiments to put animals in space to see the effects were just a blag to keep people in this naive lil world!!

have you seen the thread about the young ausie genius whipping nasa at their game??

truth is stranger than fiction as they say!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Greetings O-ismart one ,

There U-All conspiracy programed by hollyWOOD Brain Ejaculaters go again... Yes... I will grant you that we have out of this world technology... We can cure just about any disease... Life extension technology is a breeze... And any thing you can think of we already done... But we still need this simple paper or Digi-Currancy called MONEY to do said anything... That's why MONEY IS KING... even our little Grays don't do nothing for free

Butt... If you really think this is true... that we don't need KING MONEY... Than why I ask why... Is Lockheed laying off 15,000 workers... Wait a nano-second... let me guess, there really just moving them to our other off Earth offices

Mr X-ULTRA/QUANTUM... having to say; At least you have the asteroid balls to ask and bring up a good point... But maybe it's only for the chosen ones... As you know, all Humans are not created equal and the Earth is way over populated as it is... Imagine that kind of technology in the wrong greedy hands

edit on 16-9-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: X-Flare glitch

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well done OP. 2 + 2 really does equal 4 doesn't it? But those aren't the only places they get secret project money. I believe the big corporations kick in a lot of money. And I also believe some of those charities everyone contributes to are nothing more than collection agencies for the corporate government. Can I prove it? No. But I think anyone willing to do some critical thinking will come to the same or similar conclusions.

S&F.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
the US has just been actually PRINTING CASH for decades for purposes like this.

All the while manipulating their accounts to show favorably to keep the dollar on an even keel with the world markets. Instead of showing say a 1 trillion loss they simply change that - to a +.

It is really that simple in the electronic age. After a while the system just resets and a pre set amount is reverted to. This is just a simplistic explanation but its how it works.

This can be seen by the over valuation of American companies now and in the past. Companies like google and facebook are not worth 30 - 60 billion in any form of reality. They have been cooking the books.

Diverting monies from education, health and welfare has been going on for ages. How would the public know what the actual money is spent on? Look at New Orleans, still a hole after the Hurricane no money pumped into that area for sufficient rebuild - but money for a space rocket to Mars...makes total sense.

The mafia did it for years to appear stronger in financial terms. Plus their invasion of countries and the oil thefts and gold thefts.

The printing of money secretly to pump into the accounts has been going on for ever. What they show and what they are really worth are two different things.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think youll find that the intelligence services are into gun running, drugs dealing and other criminal enterprises.
The drug money alone comes to enough loot to fund an army of astronaughts!
The US navy space command? what the heck does the navy do in space that we actually know about?
There is ample money for these things from who knows where....
there just isnt enough money to do them and take care of the country too.
thats why we are bankrupted.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yeah, the missing money from the Pentagon seems to be merely a drop in the bucket of monies possibly available for who knows what purpose, but certainly purposes that are kept secret from the citizens of our country, and that doesn't sound like the kind of country we want, if you ask me. Democracy, or a Representative Republic, which we really are supposed to be, should be far more transparent than it currently is. Probably because there is rule behind the public face, who are simply puppets on their strings. I'm sure there is a lot of drug money and weapons money we aren't aware of, and some very deep pockets created by all the illegal wealth diverted and created. Our country is out of our control, though that may have been the case for far, far longer than we realize. It's probably only in these modern times, with the advent of the Internet and much more easily spread information, some true, some false, some theory, that we are becoming aware of the extent of the problem. Thank goodness for sites like our own ATS for helping disseminate information, ideas, thoughts and theories on this and many other matters. I only hope we can continue to count on the ability to do so with some measure of Freedom of Speech! The Truth is out there, but often very well hidden!

new topics

top topics

join