It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book: Women in Obama White House felt excluded and ignored

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Now from another MSM newspaper often said to be in obama's camp revelations that women felt that the obama White House was a hostile work environment.

Who would have thought that the leader of the party that says they champion the rights of women and minorities would himself be guilty of presiding over just the opposite?

Of course, seeing how so-called progressives treat conservative women and minorities, this should really have been no surprise..

s ource

In an excerpt obtained by The Post, a female senior aide to President Obama called the White House a hostile environment for women.

“This place would be in court for a hostile workplace,” former White House communications director Anita Dunn is quoted as saying. “Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women.”

For reference, here is Anita Dunn's bio:

source

Anita Dunn is a political strategist who served as White House Communications Director from April through November 2009. She is a senior partner at SKDKnickerbocker Consulting in Washington, D.C. and has recently become a contributor for NBC News / MSNBC / CNBC.

So, a high-powered woman in her own right is making these accusations.
edit on 9/16/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well one reason the White House under the Obama administration coould be hostile is because Obama is a muslim and you know how islam feels about women being in a position of power and control over men! Obama probably walks through the halls in the white house yelling "Allah'ua'ahkbar!"

Check it:

www.wnd.com...
edit on 16-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

In fact the reason Obama wanted Muamar Ghaddafi dead was Ghaddafi came on the news when Obama was running for office and laughed at us because we elected a Kenyan into the white house.

edit on 16-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's just feminist logic and "empowerment" at work. Feminists want females to be represented and a certain quota of females to be involved "wherever it matters" solely because of the fact that they are born female (ironically this is how they claim to be fighting sexism), regardless of individual merits, and this is the result (one of many, actually). If what she says is true, it means Obama and his "boys" probably thought she wasn't competent enough to take part in those meetings/decision making processes. Big deal.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
since a certain 2 threads on here lately assuming books as factual evidence.

im gonna run with it here and say

next time you hear someone on the left call the right haters of women

link them this thread the typical holier than thou attitudes time and time agian have been proven false.
edit on 16-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well one reason the White House under the Obama administration coould be hostile is because Obama is a muslim and you know how islam feels about women being in a position of power and control over men! Obama probably walks through the halls in the white house yelling "Allah'ua'ahkbar!"

This actually sounds reasonable to me. Obama is a very conflicted loon -- closet homosexual, closet moslem, and failed politician.

The WND article was well written and credible, imo.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yeah. Not like the Clinton or Johnson White House, but those fellows didn't have Reggie on beck and call 24/7.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I was just about to mention that. I suppose we can assume that this is true as well? As centurion said, given how the progressives treat women who disagree with them, it wouldn't shock me to see them treat their own this way.
edit on 17-9-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, I suppose we're a far cry away from the days when women would be used as sex pigs for the Clinton White House.

Lots of loons in this thread, btw. Please post credible findings that prove claims of Obama being a muslim.

Just because you hate the man like I do does not give you free reign to spread around bull#.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Here is what she was "quoted" as saying:

“This place would be in court for a hostile workplace,” former White House communications director Anita Dunn is quoted as saying. “Because it actually fit all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women.”

Here is what she SAID in an interview:

Dunn declined to discuss the specifics of the book. But in an interview Friday she said she told Suskind “point blank” that the White House “was not a hostile environment.”

From the OP's source. You guys should read the source to get the facts.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This actually sounds reasonable to me. Obama is a very conflicted loon -- closet homosexual

He'd fit right in with the GOP in that regard. Closet homosexual, warmonger, servant of the corporate elite.

Wait, what ticket did he run on again?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Comical. If these women want to play in the big leagues, they have to take the heat. Executive meetings at any level are filled with emotion and often times folks shout over one another, regardless of gender. A large part of these jobs are persuasion and perhaps unfortunately, being loud and aggressive does not constitute anything other than being loud and aggessive. If you have a point to make, you need to make the point and if you are not forceful enough to do that then you don't belong in the room.

Now Obama or who ever was running the meeting may have done a poor job at meeting management, but it is still the meeting participant's responsibility to get their point across. Its not an orchestrated gender bias thing.

I guess Obama could have stopped and said "now missy, did you have something you want to say?" That would have been a hostile workplace. As to the notion that opinions were being sought and theirs not, why would that be odd? You have a meeting with a dozen folks, 10 struggling to get their points across, being loud and aggressive and two who sit there and day nothing. Is it unreasonable, as the meeting is rushing to come to a close to assume that they have nothing to add? No. There are also several reasons where folks choose purposefully not to speak in meetings.

I'm guessing that Hilliary Clinton would have had her opinions heard in that meeting.

If these girls (and I purposefully use girls rather than women) can't handle the scene, its time for them to go and put someone in those roles, men or women who have the gravitas to do their jobs and that is inclusive of getting your point across at a meeting.

What a joke.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is because they did not take it up the you-know-what like good girls do.
edit on 17-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If this 'high powered' woman felt that this was a big enough issue to constitute a legal case....it would already be in the courts.

'High powered' people don't play nice. If they see an oppurtunity they take it.

All of that said, good catch Intrepid.

edit on 17-9-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Well, I suppose we're a far cry away from the days when women would be used as sex pigs for the Clinton White House.

Lots of loons in this thread, btw. Please post credible findings that prove claims of Obama being a muslim.

Just because you hate the man like I do does not give you free reign to spread around bull#.

Sure it does. There are duplicate attack threads on Sarah Palin going on right now, so when the same standards are applied across the board, maybe your demand might be valid.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Dunn declined to discuss the specifics of the book. But in an interview Friday she said she told Suskind “point blank” that the White House “was not a hostile environment.”

There are also other women and Dunne saying other things to back up the Washington Post article. From the T&C I wasn't allowed to quote the whole article. So, the facts are there for all to see. Also quite reasonable for Dunne to later backpedal on her earlier comments because first of all she is a democrat and not hurting the progressive agenda is probably more important to her than how she personally felt while in the White House - decidng on "taking one for the team" as it were. I'm quite sure she is thinking about her own future - not too great in liberal circles if seen trashing obama.

The facts also are that this is an article by a well known author writing in the Washinton Post. A newspaper I think we can assume would do a much better job of vetting the story than say a UK tabloid reporting on a book full of "un-named quotes" by someone who is basically a stalker. A newspaper that in the past has been quite pro-obama, which makes their publishing this story even more noteworthy.
edit on 9/18/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Who's "quote" is who's ?

Which one should I believe ?

“I felt like a piece of meat,” Christina Romer, former head of the Council of Economic Advisers, said of one meeting in which Suskind writes she was “boxed out” by Summers.

Dunn told Suskind that the problems began during the 2008 campaign. At one point she was viewing a television ad with other campaign officials and was shocked to see no women in the spot.

“There isn’t a single woman in this ad,” Dunn said. “I was dumbfounded. [color=limegreen]It wasn’t like they were being deliberately sexist. It’s just there was no one offering a female perspective.”

Then what was IT ?
....typical word twisting .. it confirms somebody went to grade school.

should we believe these "quotes" ?

this looks like typical "politician" talk ... all confusion and no substance !

I wonder who is really crazy ?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yup I believe this..

Come on folks, read through the MSM and Campaign Smear BS already. You think if this was actually true that it would take this long for what I assume are the MANY women who work in the White House to speak up about it.

Namely this particular one, Anita Dun who her husband to this day is still on Obama's White House Counsel. I doubt if the environment was that bad that this man would still work for Obama.

This is pure and simple campaign politics, they provide no sources, no references to actual events that have occurred. Just some quotes that may or may not have ever been said..

So lame.

A quote from your "source"

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
There are also other women and Dunne saying other things to back up the Washington Post article.

There was only 1 woman that was named. An "anonymous high ranking woman" doesn't impress me. 1 woman? That does not a case make. Secondly, this is just ridiculous:

The Obama White House has long been dogged by similar claims of exclusivity — his golf outings have been typically all-male affairs, though Melody Barnes, who heads the Domestic Policy Council was invited on at least one round of golf in October 2009 after much grumbling about Obama’s choice of golf buddies.

C'mon. That's called male bonding. I don't think I've ever golfed with a woman. It's "buddy time".

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Now from another MSM newspaper often said to be in obama's camp revelations that women felt that the obama White House was a hostile work environment.

One thing is for sure, Obama has made the entire country a hostile work environment and his crony dealings should have he American population feeling excluded and ignored.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Namely this particular one, Anita Dun who her husband to this day is still on Obama's White House Counsel. I doubt if the environment was that bad that this man would still work for Obama.

I already touched on this. Exactly why Dunn would later not confirm her earlier statements. Her husband still has a job at the White House (probably told to reign in his wife), and Dunn no doubt would like to have some sort of progressive job in the future.

This is pure and simple campaign politics, they provide no sources, no references to actual events that have occurred. Just some quotes that may or may not have ever been said..

I already touched on this as well. You have to consider the source, which is considered quite reputable and no enemy of obama in the past. But now they publish this article. They had to have decided it was newsworthy ...

###SNIP###

edit on 9/18/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Please Stay on Topic

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join