It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice going forward as my mom was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My mother was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer this monday. I have not heard of too many success stories for recovery, but since this is ATS I know members can share much needed advice with me as I look to help with her treatments.

We live outside of Seattle and she just had a CT scan along with bloodwork to determine the stage of the cancer. I know the tumor is 4cm, but this is all we know as of now. She is scheduled to have more tests this coming week.

Can anyone provide advice as to how to combat this cancer both traditionally and/or with alternative methods?

Id be greatful for any advice.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Check out this link.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Right off the bat I'd say high dose vitamin d ant high dose resveratrol. That as well as cutting all simple sugars out of the diet will stop cancer in its tracks.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Get some greens plus and help her energy and immune system.
www.nationalnutrition.ca...
I had a friend who recently just beat lymphoma cancer or whatever it is called and he took this and actually beefed up a bit instead of losing weight.
Sorry about your Mom bro...stay strong.
I wish i could help more but thats all i have.

edit on 15-9-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. All I have to offer are prayers and best wishes for her healing.
I have heard a raw food diet is great at fighting not only cancers but many other ailments, but that type of diet must be started immediatey and not as a last minute thing.
Prayers will be with you and your mother.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
SirClem :
Ya beat me to it ,, RICK SIMPSON !!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this link will help..but is an interesting read, and apparently it has worked for some...

Sorry to hear about your mom...and best wishes for her recovery.

www.alkalizeforhealth.net...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Look at your private messages.

I am sure you know already that problems with the esophagus are very difficult to deal with surgically and the outcomes are generally not good.

I hope the information I sent you can be a help.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

My ex father-in-law survived it. He had surgery and chemotherapy. He has a scar and his voice completely changed for some reason, but he has been healthy, happy and cancer free for over 25 years now. I'm not really sure what the usual procedures for it are now but it worked for him.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My 76 year old father just battled this cancer & is now cancer free although he has a precancerous cyst on his pancreas.. His was found early & the prognosis will depend on what stage your Mom is at & if there has been any spread. It can be very rough going if surgery is required. It is really scary & I'm now being tested for this cancer & my pancreas as well because of bad test results & evidently there is a genetic link to esophageal & pancreatic cancer.

Frequent heart burn is a warning signal. If anyone has frequent heart burn, please get an endoscopy & keep getting screened because you could just save your life.

Here's a forum link that you may find help & support
www.cancerforums.net...

Your Mom will be in my thoughts & my very best wishes to her & you. No matter what age we are at, having
Mom being ill is scary as hell. If I can be of any help, please give me a yell.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Cancer Fighting Spice

Dr. Mercola is pretty trust worthy, so I say this is worth looking into. Also, dig around a little on his site for other natural cancer fighting info.

Best wishes to your mother

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I might be able to give you some advise. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer with mets to her bones in Aug. of 2004. It was determined to be stage 4 cancer and she passed in Jan. of 2010. For 5 1/2 years we worked together on her treatments...chemo, radiation, operations, life style changes.
What I would suggest for you is talk with your Mom and determine what treatments she feels are right for her. It's got to be her lead...she needs to familiarize herself with what she is facing and determine a course of treatment that is right for her. Of course this may include advice from you and a myriad of doctors. Ultimately though, it is her life and her choice that should be honored.
My best wishes and prayers for you and your Mom.
edit on 15-9-2011 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I eat alot of hot peppers for the capsicum,which supposedly is a cancer curing agent.
(I hope thats the right spelling)
I hope I am right cuz I have sure burned my mouth and stomache trying to ward this scary disease off simply out of fear.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I had a brother in law who lived in Alaska diagnosed with about the same thing I think. He did not live BUT
had they not found tumors growing on his spine WHILE THEY WERE ATTEMPTING TO TAKE SOME OF HIS
OWN SKIN FROM HIS STOMACH I THINK..A GRAFT..TO USE IN HIS ESPHAGUS ( I THINK )..HE MIGHT
HAVE BEEN ALIVE TODAY.
It would seem from what you are saying that they are NOT ready to offer any specific treatments.
Hun, I sure hope they offer you the latest and best options..it's odd, my brother in law and his wife flew
from Alaska to Washington State I think so they could do the evaluations and/or tests. This was a few years back..my how time flies. Thank God we DO have have many options this day and age. People forget it was not
so long ago that we had few or none.
The battle is worth it. Having worked in the oil field all his life no telling if that had something to do with his
tumors..my brother in law that is. He did not smoke and I don't think he was a heavy drinker.
You are not alone. Take everything day by day and do your own research if you feel the need.
Hugs and Flowers.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In all do respect, please stay away from untried/unproven/hyped up therapies. Unless your family member is taking part in a clinical trial of something new... and is being treated by professionals.

There are plenty of people who make some wild assertions about cancer cures, but in all reality, it is a tough thing to fight and there isn't anything out there that will make it magically go away (yet).

Please use this time to appreciate your relationship with your family member and offer the best support you can.

Regards,

B

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry that your going through this...

It sucks!

I been there,
My mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2005.

The night I found out I was at work,
I ended up locking my keys in my truck
I had a really sucky time
I couldnt concentrate
I almost cut my hand off
IT was hell

But there is always hope...

She's cancer free now...

I prayed everyday for her

Lots of people prayed for her...

I dont care what religion you are... or etc...

I just pray for you and your mom...

Cos trust me, it wont hurt

Stay strong for her, and be a pillar of support

And know people care...

We here at ATS Care

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear this, and I wish you the best. So far nobody in my family has had that type of cancer. My brother has bladder cancer which has been treated twice already, but they say he still has some new tumors. My son has had colon cancer since the age of 26, but it was treated and so far everything looks great. Fortunately in both cases, laser surgery was involved. Neither of them has had to go through chemotherapy. My first wife died from breast cancer, which involved two mastectomies and three years of chemo. The cost was 2.5 million dollars when it was all over. One of the medicines in the chemo cost $10,000.00 every 21 days. None of this money or medicine saved her life. My suggestion is to look at new treatments, some of which are free although I'm not sure how effective they are. There was a man named Gaston Naessens who treated cancer with a mixture of camphor and water self-injected over an eight day period in the lymph glands. He claimed to have cured many people, including a former Canadian Prime Minister. I think he's dead now, but there are doctors in Florida who still use this method, and like I said, it's free. They mail you the medicine already measured out, and a video that shows you how to self-inject.
You can read about this method in a book called "The Trial and Persecution of Gaston Naessens", but I can't recall the author, or publisher. It may or may not be effective, but after reading it I planted two camphor trees in my yard just in case...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about your mom's illness. You might want to look at net info on Sodium Dichloroacetate.
Apparently not approved by FDA but can be obtained via the net.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Actually, I differ with the poster that wrote that you shouldn't try anything that isn't "proven" or some other nonsense. Why not?
I don't fear Cancer AT ALL. But, this is your mother, and that is different.
I can't convince my mother of anything, even though I cure myself she is stuck in the old ways....the "proven" ways.
The go to MD Anderson and die way. The pay through your nose and lose everything and STILL die ways.
To hell with that.
If you can't convince your mother to try alternative remedies then she is stuck with the prognosis.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sorry for your troubles.
Hemp oil and a positive spirit cannot hurt.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join