It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of parking? There's a app for that!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There is some new technology out there that let's you park with a smartphone app:

Google translation:

With parking assistant, which are already available for many models and automatically move the car in a parking space, it surprised no one today - the auto parts supplier Valeo at the IAA 2011 is therefore one better. The French company points to the Frankfurt auto show a system with which the vehicle is automatically into the parking space, while the driver stands next to it. "Park4U remote" is powered by Smartphone and monitored. Valeo demonstrated the system on the fairgrounds in action with parallel parking in a parking space at right angles

Source (German)

Translation

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

I would be a little scared to use something like this, going by how my phone works, even working apps are quite unstable, wouldnt like to see my car try to enter my house, i would certainly like to see more testing for something like this.

But then again, i enjoy driving, even parking, its part of driving to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just another distraction to take being human out of being human and entrusting our daily lives to a electronic device. One of these days our trust in these things are going to start biting, and then I ask, will people be able to handle it when they are then told, "you were warned."

I am all for technology but come on, enough is enough, not much longer will we have to wipe our own butts.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I bet there is a disclaimer that the app developers aren't responsible for any accidents that may happen lol

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I really do wish an asteroid to hit earth and sending us back to the stone age or so. Technology sure has made the human species quite useless.

top topics

join