It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that wogs will never do...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

edit on 13-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

what the hell is a wog? Well whatever it is that was a funny clip, what show is that from? going from the accent I'd suspect it's an Aussie production. I fell in love with the"Seekers war on everything" from a clip posted here so it can't hurt to try another.

Is WOG a term of an Italian Australian?
edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Scientologists use the term "wog" in a somewhat derogatory manner for any non-scientologists. Kind of like "sheeple" is used.

Can't be that though can it?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

what the hell is a wog? Well whatever it is that was a funny clip, what show is that from? going from the accent I'd suspect it's an Aussie production. I fell in love with the"Seekers war on everything" from a clip posted here so it can't hurt to try another.

Is WOG a term of an Italian Australian?
edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

yep wog is aussie slang for italian..
its from an old show called 'the late show'
i think you mean the chasers war on everything and yes thats hands down the best tv show of all time..

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wog is an old racial slur for black people, dont know if its changed or not now though. Came from the word "Gollywog"

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

In the UK wog is a derogitory term for anyone with brown skin,not cool.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

the guy is italian talking about italians. in australia wog is a slur for italian

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I thought the slang name for an Italian was WOP??

Wog is an old racial term for Black People in the U.K.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

well this isnt the uk

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A contributor from RantMedia, an independent media network uses the term wog. It is to describe anyone that isn't a Scientologist. His name is Sean Kennedy and he has put out alot of "interesting" stuff over the years.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Noi, Wog is a derogatory word for African descent people. The Golly Wog dolls is were it comes from.

This is highly racist and i'm surprised it hasn't already been pulled.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

people please read the comments
i didnt mean to cause offence as i didnt know it had other meanings. its a common word in australia and i dont think you would find a black person making jokes about blacks racist would you.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

didnt know there were so many meanings for the word wog.
wonder why?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
"Wog" is also slang for polliwog an old naval term meaning a sailor who has not crossed the equator and been inducted into King Neptune's Realm through a secret initiation to become a shellback.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I don't know about the other meanings, but the Scientology meaning comes from the Scientologists themselves. If it is used as an insult in other ways, I'm sure they also meant it as an insult to people that don't believe the same as them.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yeah when I opened this I thought "uh oh....this is gonna be pulled, like that Jamaican woman complaining because her neighbour put a gollywog in the window after they had an argument".

I can appreciate it's an Aussie term for Italians but to me, the word still means blacks in racist terms due to how I was brought up and my geographical location.

top topics

join