It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American civilians and Arab civilians...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Am I the only American who does not hate Arabs? I feel the same for you as I do my fellow citizens. I feel helpless as the world of politics(the powerful few) takes center stage daily for centuries and civilians can do nothing about it. Believe it or not, a lot of us(Americans) do not have any problem with you at all. In the end, the absolute truth is that both you and I are nothing more than civilians watching the "governments" of the world fight.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Personally, I have no issue with Arabs. I do however have an issue with muslims. So, is that the question you are trying to ask?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

No. You know that. I don't mind Muslims either just as I do not mind Jews, Hindus, or Atheists. Religion was not a part of my post and you knew that. I only care about people- we all fall under the category of people no matter skin color or religion.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pa.Frost

Good point, this is why we don't need governments.

You are exactly right, a huge percentage of people do not want to fight, they just want to live in peace.

Without governments there would be very little war, I didn't say no war, but very little.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

A good question that everyone should ask themselves from time to time.

Myself, I don't care what ideology a person has, until they try to force-feed it to me. Or attempt to harm my fellow humans. Then I have a problem.

I have friends of all stripes, politically and ideological, and I wouldn’t trade them for the world. Even when we’re bored, as long as we can talk we have interesting conversations.

But, yea, you are right. It is the Governments that dictate what direction a Country goes. And in my opinion we have a bunch of greedy amateurs the world over. Not just the US. It just seems that no one is really talking anymore, just arguments and cemented points of view.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Yeah. I have to say I firmly agree. Without going into a possible argument I must say that we could do very well minus other institutions as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Personally, I have no issue with Arabs. I do however have an issue with muslims. So, is that the question you are trying to ask?

So is your problem with Muslims or Muslim Extremists?

If it's with Muslims, what problem do you have with them?

Are you angry that your country has tried westernising Islamic countries and when they came up against a bit of resistance they resulted to demonising an entire religion (backed by Israel)? Did you hate the Muslims when you were younger or is it only recently you have decided to hate them?

It's funny how your country armed and trained these muslims when they were fighting the Russians in Afghanistan. I thought they would have learned a few lessons from these same people when they witnessed how determined they were to ensure the Russian Invasion was a failure.

Nevermind, first it was the Germans (WWI), then the Germans & Japanese (WWII), then the Russians (Cold War) and now the Muslims (War on Terra). There always has to be a nasty boogey man doesn't there?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

This was supposed to be a thread of conciliation between American civilians and Arab civilians.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Why is the US always the Boogeyman. There are always others in play as well, ya know?

A simple analogy.

When you think you have a better idea, don’t you try to sell it? Bring others to your point of view?

This is what Governments do on a worldwide basis.

Mix in Organized Governments with tribal governing and you have a war in no time. Usually to the tribes determent.

Oh, the Gov’t might eventually pull out, but the tribe will never be the same. History has taught us this.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I just wanted to let it be known that our leaders do not speak for us. They(G'vmnts) will do what they do.
edit on 9/12/2011 by pa.Frost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yeah, but when I see things like I don't hate Arabs, but I hate Muslims it just makes me wonder why hate anybody at all?

I agree with your post totally. I was being Irionic really, sorry I'm English!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Why is the US always the Boogeyman. There are always others in play as well, ya know?

A simple analogy.

When you think you have a better idea, don’t you try to sell it? Bring others to your point of view?

This is what Governments do on a worldwide basis.

Mix in Organized Governments with tribal governing and you have a war in no time. Usually to the tribes determent.

Oh, the Gov’t might eventually pull out, but the tribe will never be the same. History has taught us this.

I know it's not just the U.S. Having grown up in the U.K we have been constantly been warned of the same enemies.

I agree that Governments are to blame for all the hatred, along with the MSM continuously trying to brain wash us with their constant bias images and bias messages. That's why some people hate Muslims at the moment. It's their turn to be the boogeyman.

edit on 12/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Islam has killed 270 million people in 1400 years.
17,000 terrorists attacks since 9/11

www.citizenwarrior.com...

4. Islam commands its followers to create a government that supports it. This may be one of the most brilliant innovations in Islam. Islam is the only religion that uses it. Other groups of religious people have had political aspirations, but no other major religious group orders its followers — as a religious duty — to create a government that follows its own system of law. Islam has a system of law, called Shari'a, and all Muslims are obligated to continually work toward making their government — wherever they are — follow it. Because of some of the other memes added to Islam, you will see that this political addition to the memeplex has significant consequences. I think this is Islam's most brilliant innovation, and also the most terrifying to non-Muslims.

5. Permission to spread the memeplex by war. This is another brilliant innovation. Although some other religions have spread themselves using force, they had very little justification from their own religious doctrines. Not so with Islam. Expanding by conquest is very much accepted and encouraged by the memeplex. The poor non-Muslims not living in an Islamic state need to be saved from the sin of following laws other than Allah's. If they won't voluntarily change their laws to Shari'a, then it is the duty of Muslim warriors to insist. The world cannot be at peace until every government on earth follows the laws of Allah.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Their is a key point you are missing. Yes people are people. However not all cultures are equal and never have been. Do I hate people of Arab descend? No.

Do I think honour killings, suicide bombings, not let women drive, killing gay people and treating women like property is okay? No,and I never will. You are dealing with two "cultures" that are operating from a different play book.

Someone has to change, and it's not us.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

If it bleeds, it leads.

Let’s see….

We has the Muslim Brotherhood, who have openly sworn to promote Sharia throughout the world.

Then there are the Westboro loons here in the States, recently banned from Scotland if I recall…and for good reason, if not their own safety.

As well as the Union vs. Tea Party dilemma, which is progressively getting more violent by the week, primarily pushed by the Unions.

We have the Turks and the Israelis having troubles, right along with Egypt, Jordan and the Palestinians. Big trouble brewing there.

And it goes on and on…..

At the moment, I feel like we are flotsam stuck in the tide.

But eventually, we will be faced with a dire choice and if we do not make that choice, we will be cast aside by events and forgotten.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
Their is a key point you are missing. Yes people are people. However not all cultures are equal and never have been. Do I hate people of Arab descend? No.

Do I think honour killings, suicide bombings, not let women drive, killing gay people and treating women like property is okay? No,and I never will. You are dealing with two "cultures" that are operating from a different play book.

Someone has to change, and it's not us.

Absolutely, but it is their culture and not yours.

Now if they didn't have all that smelly black stuff under the majority of their countries, would we really be over there trying to convert ? Would we really be saying something has to change?

I think the answer would be NO!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I only wish you were wrong, but alas I cannot disagree.

Divide and rule, it's been with us since the dawning of time.

Maybe those bunkers will have a use for some in the next couple of years, if not before. The real shame of it all no matter where you go, thanks to Globalisation, you can't escape.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
hmm....I don' see us trying to "convert" as much as them trying to export their religion. I see them in the same vein as the Soviet's in the Cold War. Their culture is not really into the multi-cultural live and left live stuff. That is the root of the issues that arise.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

From what I understand England has a huge Muslim population. Forgive me for apologizing.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

I am not for Shariah law (however, I do agree with eye for an eye)I, but I must say, is not the Bible full of very strict laws too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join