It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cell phone froze the time for 20 minutes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
...Has anyone else had this happen? It was 17.26, I was doing some work, checked and it was still 17.26, checked again and again thinking huh?..maybe the clock got stuck...and then I got a text message, and the time jumped from 17.26 to 17.46. I watched as it changed...

I didn't imagine it, did my phone freeze or what? I have had cell phones (mobiles) since around 1996 and never had this happen before.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherryV
...Has anyone else had this happen? It was 17.26, I was doing some work, checked and it was still 17.26, checked again and again thinking huh?..maybe the clock got stuck...and then I got a text message, and the time jumped from 17.26 to 17.46. I watched as it changed...

I didn't imagine it, did my phone freeze or what? I have had cell phones (mobiles) since around 1996 and never had this happen before.

No,sorry, it never happened to me. Anyways,where do they sell phones that freeze time? I would be glad to have one
. Is that some new feature if I may ask?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Cellphones regularly send 136 bits to the tower telling it that it is still active. It does this quite frequently. In fact your texts ride on this wave(that's why you can only put in 136 char). So if your phones time didnt update its probably because it wasn't checking up with the tower. Your text forced it to.

Interesting fact, sending texts cost nothing extra to the phone company, your phone would have sent the data anyway. So they charge many for something that would have been done anyway.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

edit on 12-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I only wish I had been doing something really good...because I could have done it again and again ha!
Actually...not sure if I lost those 20 minutes or what....didn't seem like 20 minutes to me

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Really? Wow, that is cheeky, they do loads of things like that to rip you off for charges though don't they. Especially for answering a call abroad, even if you didnt make the call

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

I guess the more important question would be, did you feel like time was standing still when this happened?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Yah, it is quite cheeky. Thats why i just go with the unlimited texting and call plans.

Is your avatar Tifa?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Now that is THE question Im asking myself. I work for myself, and time is money et al, and the reason I was watching the clock on my phone so often was because I had started doing something at 5pm, I always cook at 5.30pm to eat for 6pm. I only started a small job, which I was cutting some things up with a razor blade. Last time I looked, it was 5.16pm, so I knew I had time to cut up at least one more thing...cut a few more up and it was 5.26pm, so I thought, I can fit another couple in. I was still on that same thing at 5.46pm though :/

I have a headache from hell too, almost like a migraine. I don't think I dozed off...even I'm not that scatty with a razor blade in my hand...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No...its Rinoa Heartilly
I was going to go for Tifa tho funnily enough ! (FF8)
ETA yep I have unlimited calls/texts too
edit on 12-9-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

phones got s*** OS and thing happen, Trust me I've used almost all brands. No problems with the N8 so far but updated and I'm sure problems will follow shortly.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

No...its Rinoa Heartilly
I was going to go for Tifa tho funnily enough ! (FF8)

Only one i haven't played. I like it though!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My flip phone use to do that. The time would freeze until I opened it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

interesting. I've had my phone freeze before and get stuck on certain times, and I know it's a service/tech issue, but it's still an intriguing subject. The thread on time acting differently was really interesting, this reminds me of that. Cool stuff!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It's starting to drive me mad tonight actually, wondering how I could have been stuck on that thing for 20 minutes

Do you have a link to that thread please?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
better use that feature while you got it before they start charging per use of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ahh yes, thanks
I remember commenting on that thread...how fast time goes.
Well, it went even quicker today...20 minutes went bam! In a few seconds ha!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yep sounds like it froze, may be time to replace the battery, and check it isn't getting condensation near the battery, or gotten wet.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I only changed it recently tho, within the past 2 months I think it was,
and no condensation or anything like that. More worried about those 20 minutes tbh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join