It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 9-11 really relevant today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We all know 9-11 was a tragic event. My heart goes out to anybody who lost someone that day. Everyone who lived through it remembers it....BUT.....is 9-11 really relevant today?

Osama Bin Laden is dead. Al Qaida is largely irrelevant. Outside of an airport security line, 9-11 really has had no impact on my life. The only people that seem to bring it up are people with ulterior motives like defense contractors and such.

9-11 is like Pearl Harbor. Infamous-yes. An important chapter in American history- yes. Something we should continue to harp on and obsess on- Absolutely not!

The most tragic and most devastating blow America suffered was not on 9-11, but the destruction on our infrastructure and once hallowed institutions that America we inflicted on ourselves through stupidity, arrogance, selfishness, and greed.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

but... its 9-12

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I really am not sure if it is or is not relevant, but i do mark 9/11 as the day, the VERY day that America became a dimmer, slightly uglier version of itself. No longer are we the land of the free.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
We all know 9-11 was a tragic event.

9-11 is like Pearl Harbor. Infamous-yes. An important chapter in American history- yes. Something we should continue to harp on and obsess on- Absolutely not!

Has anyone ever said there was anything about Pearl Harbor that defied the Laws of Physics?

There are skyscrapers all around the world. Gravity works the same way all over the planet. So if the physics dictates that airliners could not destroy those buildings then physicists should have figured that out and EXPLAINED IT in 2002. So no matter what destroyed the buildings why hasn't the physics profession been demanding and talking about the distributions of steel and concrete down the buildings?

The issue is not 9/11. The issue is the physics profession not resolving 9/11 within a year.

How did they sit back and let the NIST take so long? When did they ever point out that the NIST report does not even specify the total amount of concrete.

9/11 is a scientific travesty and with all of the media crap the psychology profession has to be dragged in to it. Are we supposed to believe that PhD psychologists can't understand 300 year old Newtonian physics? So maybe the experts don't care as long as they can make a buck at it. Or maybe their careers can be ruined if they do talk about it in an improper manner. Could that be why there is actually so much SILENCE from so many experts?

psikeyhackr.livejournal.com...

psikeyhackr.livejournal.com...

psik

new topics

top topics

join