It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver Earthquake Aftershocks not being recorded

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Alright I thought this could use some looking into:

So I have messaged Resource Canada as to why the aftershocks are not being listed on their webpage after the main 6.4 shock. They are not listed on any earthquake map available online actually.

Canadian Map and List

There has been no response yet.

On the live seismograph viewer here you can see the main shock followed by several aftershocks that I believe are still going on.

Reports here from a geologist of 4.9's occurring.

There were several dozen aftershocks after the 12:42 p.m. quake, the largest of which measured 4.9, said seismologist John Cassidy of Natural Resources Canada. Read more: www.theprovince.com...

Recent movement:

The station these are from is one of the closest to the epicentre. The station is ETB and can be viewed here.

Now why would none of these be reported / recorded??

You can see on their list they record almost all including a 2.1 in the same area and after the 6.4 there has not been one reported??

Date Time Lat. Long. Depth Mag. F Region
---- ---- ---- ----- ----- ---- - ------
2011/09/09 19:41:30 49.34N 127.26W 38.4 6.6Mw 92 km WSW of Gold R.,BC
2011/09/09 15:59:36 49.39N 127.20W 33.6 2.1ML 86 km WSW of Gold R.,BC
2011/09/09 05:52:53 45.88N 67.54W 5.0* 2.0MN 28 km SW from Nackawic,NB
2011/09/08 06:40:08 58.30N 133.61W 12.2 3.2ML 47 km E of Juneau,AK
2011/09/08 02:18:44 57.22N 132.65W 1.0* 2.6ML 159 km ESE of Juneau,AK
2011/09/08 02:17:27 40.87N 54.73W 18.0* 3.1ML Laurentian Fan,Atlantic Ocean.
2011/09/08 02:13:44 65.60N 95.74W 18.0* 3.2MN 145 km N from Baker Lake,NU
2011/09/08 00:41:38 59.72N 136.21W 1.0* 1.4ML 88 km WNW of Haines,AK
2011/09/07 23:47:08 58.28N 133.54W 1.0* 2.7ML 51 km E of Juneau,AK

Hopefully Resource Canada gets back to me on Monday and we will see what they say....maybe they are on holidays.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It means something is up and they don't want the public to know yet.
But if the quakes are small enough they will just ignore it too.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There are tons of youtube video that have proof that USGS is down grading and deleting earthquakes. Here is a video with proof..... www.youtube.com... They don't want to alert the sheeple that the world is falling apart. Why do you think they have been building underground cities and stocking them with semis driving in and out like there is no tomorrow?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

way too go,,

it's broke now,,

seriously,, broke while i was watching it,,

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
EQ caused a lawn chair to fall over and break their seismograph?

Seriously, does seem kind of strange but where the government is concerned you can never really be sure you are getting a straight answer.

Here's a recent example where the Canadian government covered up a very serious health risk as it was happening.

After Japan’s Fukushima catastrophe, Canadian government officials reassured jittery Canadians that the radioactive plume billowing from the destroyed nuclear reactors posed zero health risks in this country.

In fact, there was reason to worry. Health Canada detected large spikes in radioactive material from Fukushima in Canadian air in March and April at monitoring stations across the country.

On March 18, seven days after an earthquake and tsunami triggered eventual nuclear meltdowns at the Fukushima Daiichi plant in Japan, the first radioactive material wafted over the Victoria suburb of Sidney on Vancouver Island.

For 22 days, a Health Canada monitoring station in Sidney detected iodine-131 levels in the air that were up to 300 times above the normal background levels. Radioactive iodine levels shot up as high as nearly 1,000 times background levels in the air at Resolute Bay, Nunavut.

Meanwhile, government officials claimed there was nothing to worry about. “The quantities of radioactive materials reaching Canada as a result of the Japanese nuclear incident are very small and do not pose any health risk to Canadians,” Health Canada says on its website. “The very slight increases in radiation across the country have been smaller than the normal day-to-day fluctuations from background radiation.”

In fact, Health Canada’s own data shows this isn’t true. The iodine-131 level in the air in Sidney peaked at 3.6 millibecquerels per cubic metre on March 20. That’s more than 300 times higher than the background level, which is 0.01 or fewer millibecquerels per cubic metre.

“There have been massive radiation spikes in Canada because of Fukushima,” said Gordon Edwards, president of the Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility.

“The authorities don’t want people to have an understanding of this. The government of Canada tends to pooh-pooh the dangers of nuclear power because it is a promoter of nuclear energy and uranium sales.”

Of course, they would never do that again now that they have been outed....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Heres a link to Los Angeles Live real time seismic cam:

abclocal.go.com...

Looks very active today

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
usgs.GOV

^^^^

Nuff said...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1

I've said it before, and I'll say it again until it finally sinks in.
When it comes to earthquakes, there can be no coverup. You can build and have your own seismomenter, as THOUSANDS of people have done already.
As I have.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

way too go,,

it's broke now,,

seriously,, broke while i was watching it,,

update from above timestamp,,

IPADDRESS (blacklist check ) now being recorded at the earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca web site.

take it for what its worth,
(just many years in the industry,,thats how.)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
But if the quakes are small enough they will just ignore it too.

4.9's are not considered small enough, to ignore.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
They are probably overwhelmed and understaffed being the weekend, everyone up at the lakes laying in the sun and waterskiiing and drinking beer eh

EQ Canada aren't usually very fast off the mark, but you would think they would make a bit of an effort due to the interest from their own people, let alone the rest of the World

they will post quakes down to 0, have a look at the 5 year list

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yup. Not making much sense. USGS should be getting everything 3.5 or at least 4.5 and over.

I have seen a definate uptick in aftershocks today....but nothing about a 2.0 or 2.5

Conspiracy? Well, probably not....but it's strange to say the least.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This Seismograph seems to be quite active.

Does anyone know if there is a way of telling the magnitude of an earthquake by looking at a seismograph like the one in the link?

Also the seismo program would not work in Google Chrome, but in Internet Explorer they work well.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think its a very real conspiracy. The Quake in question happened on 9/9 11. I don't believe they're natural either.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
oh so it looks like they updated their website with a "significant earthquake" out east.

a 2.4 in Quebec but BC is shaking and nothing reported

ahhhhhh

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
IF there is a conspiracy, isn't it a silly one? Don't people expect some small aftershocks after a sizable quake. I would think they would be reassuring that the event had proceeded normally. A coverup of a normal process doesn't make any sense. There must be some other reason the aftershocks aren't being recorded.

Of course a similar discussion came up in the wake of the Mineral, VA quake and some feeling tremors and aftershocks were being underreported. Who knows? Not I.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
IF there is a conspiracy, isn't it a silly one? Don't people expect some small aftershocks after a sizable quake. I would think they would be reassuring that the event had proceeded normally. A coverup of a normal process doesn't make any sense. There must be some other reason the aftershocks aren't being recorded.

Of course a similar discussion came up in the wake of the Mineral, VA quake and some feeling tremors and aftershocks were being underreported. Who knows? Not I.

They have been caught...at least the USGS deleting earthquakes. Earthquakes are skyrocketing and so are volcano eruptions. Not just a few earthquakes either and if they don't delete them they get downgraded. Something is up that they don't want you to figure out.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Actually none of those are proof.

I get fed up with ignoramuses who no nothing making YT videos about subject of which they know less.

The earthquake numbers change, often for up to 6 months form the event and not just USGS. GeoNet and others as well. I am not going to go into a long explanation since no one will believe it anyway but suffice it to say that determining the hypocentre of an earthquake is NOT an exact science.

You can see what has gone up or down here, but the details are not complete yet as I am working my way through March 2011, but the later months should be about right unless they change again. The arrows indicate the direction and the link takes you to more detail.

I only record mag 6+ and note that some go up from 5+ into the 6 band and some go down below.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Never a truer word muzzy.

I said in another thread this was probably weekenditis. What many of these doubters do not seem to realise is that you can watch quakes in Alaska for example coming in over a week later or more and as you so well know this happens on GeoNet as well.

Unfortunately people just don't seem to be happy unless they are making a conspiracy out of things without doing ANY research into the subject at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't tend to get on the prediction wagon, so I won't
www.cheknews.ca...
www.canada.com...
earthquaketrack.com...
edit on 22-12-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join