It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA TODAY: Heartbreaking Pictures From New Jersey's Homeless 'Tent City'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Doug Hardman wakes up every morning with a song in his head—a vague memory of his days on stage.

Inside his tepee in the woods outside Lakewood, NJ, at the homeless Tent City, the roosters wake early and the mornings are already cooler. A musician who lost his Florida home in the housing crisis, Hardman says he floats in and out of Tent City, that he's proud of his kids, and misses the life he no longer has.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Well, looks like all walks of life are there, it is a damn shame what is happening. It is also a damn shame that we can't come together and kick the dirty bastards that are causing all of this - the corrupt elite - bankers and politicians alike.

Stop the unjust wars and stop bailing out the too big to fails.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way to correct all this corruption and greed except for a complete restart. Lets face it, with trillions of bad debt the banks are hiding - the financial end sooner or later is going to hit us all. This is way beyond Republican / Democrat rhetoric - the system is dieing and the sooner we let it die, hopefully the sooner we can really start things again, for the better.
edit on 10-9-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Poor people are not important profit is whats important. The way the system sees things it would be better if these people were dead that way they wouldn't be drain on the system.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is all part of an elaborate plan to save the failing religious systems. These things that have been set in motion are to direct people toward services that will continue to keep them under the authority of the Papal Empire. Almost every large city in the country has a "tent city". I would venture to say that most of them are run by religious organizations. Some even have plots of land that are fenced and the gates are locked at sundown. Once you are approved (paper work, background checks, pledged to loyalty and to conform to regulations, etc.) to a tent city environment there are more rules. Your friends must even fill out paperwork and be "approved" to come and see you within the compound.

Eventually some of the "seed" people are sent to work farm compounds, and the "weed" people, well after a time they are kicked back to the street. It puts the religious organizations in power to perform "the judgment".

It is intended to make people dependent on religious organizations for their sustenance. Many such places require attendance to religious observations, etc.

None of this is happenstance. I think the financial downfall/mortgage scams have all been part of the plot to revive a failing religious empire.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
im certainly not trying to make light of the situation.

but some of those arent half bad.

ive lived in worse.

its bad to see them in this situation. but its good to see people combining resources and working together.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wow...eyeopening: I grew up not 10 minutes from there ...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I was walking my dog at a park along the Columbia River just outside Portland city limits and came across numerous tents, make shift wooden huts (made out of sticks and tarps) and people just sitting in lawn chairs.. smelled absolutely horrible.. they destroyed the path but many tents had arrows pointing the way out of their little camp. All in all through the walk I'd say there was probably about 50 tents or so sprawled out along the trails.....

(edit to add that none of what I saw came remotely close to being as nice as the OP's link .. what I saw was sad and depressing, unsafe and dangerous.)
edit on 9/10/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
im certainly not trying to make light of the situation.

but some of those arent half bad.

ive lived in worse.

its bad to see them in this situation. but its good to see people combining resources and working together.

I was thinking the exact same thing. At least they have a lil something and support from others.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Have a look here to see that all this is not a "new" Problem:
Watch this:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

i think thats laughable.

what power do they gain? im pretty sure theres nobody dumping change in the collection plate at this place.

seems more like a burden/obligation to me.

everything you listed sound like the "powers" of a volunteer babysitter. the power to put someone in timeout, tell them when to go to bed, etc......

id hardly call that "power". they dont gain anything except an audience.

seems to me they just want to help, and not get robbed by a mob of desperate individuals.

do you enjoy babysitting for free?? neither do i....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yep isn't OBAMA'S WORLD FRACKING AWESOME????
Well fairly, it's not his world alone, bush sr and jr and every pandering spineless SOB thats been in office since 40 years ago played part in creating the perfect storm. And when we want to revolt? What do they do "false flag" attacks on the world trade center and scare us into being mindless groped sheep. YAY for the fourth reich...oops I mean Amerika...I mean America...ok I can't even type our nation's rightful name with a straight face, because as far as I can see America as we know it is DEAD!
edit on 10-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow. They have better furniture, decor and food than I do.

two

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
message to america: your going down...

its simply amazing...is that normal for you? ...spending 40% of your tax income for war is resulting in situations like these...think about that

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Even if there's no war, this is the real wealth of America, and the world. Those jobs were all based on an illusory economy built from thin air and magik money.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It may be a little inappropriate for me to point out, but the striking thing I see about most of the images is that they're mainly smiling, hugging and generally look in good health and more importantly happy.

I don't live in those conditions but my smile isn't anything like theirs.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Do these religious organizations have an agenda? Of course they do - conversion... as do all organizations religious or otherwise. I am not religious at all, but I have seen with my own eyes the hope that they can instill in people who have nothing or who have had everything taken from them. The fact that giving can not only help the needy, but the donor as well is a miracle in itself. Living in Canada, I have never been out of a job for any length of time nor gone hungry a day in my life, but would I sit and listen to a sermon in exchange for a hot lunch and warm bed ? uhm...YAAAA. What I see more and more of these days is a complete lack of empathy in people. (not meaning you) If the town wants them out, perhaps they could lend a hand and give them work or a bit of hope that they can again become people who have a sense of pride in who they are. I can't believe the town tore down the only place they could keep warm in winter. My God, what is this world coming to? Many of those towns people are probably only a paycheck or two away from being in that very same position....maybe they just don't see that.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

To Bad CNN,MSNBC, Fox News, abc news CBC will never report on things like this in america or canada for that matter
great thread OP.

star and flag

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sad, obviously the Depression era images and lifestyles come to mind here. What's worse is that many many more are in the same boat and just 1 pay check away from this life. I think a lot of the unfortunates are hidden nowadays, not just from the media but the fact that traditional breadlines are obscured due to technology offerings (ie. digital welfare). Some of these people may have put themselves in this situation as well. How many stories have we heard about people living way beyond their means and then seeking handouts when the economy didn't end up going their way. Makes me very grateful for what I have.

brill

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

www.businessinsider.com...-the-town-of-lakewood-new-jersey-across-from-this-intersection-1 Probably within a 1/4 mile of that intersection are 70 empty bedrooms,dens,garages.

So much for American altruism.

Where are all the ATS capitalists telling us how well capitalism can solve this problem by
simply lowering the minimum wage of Zero to Minus Zero?
edit on 10-9-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There are tent cities in many places and it's so sad. There are aslo many illegal immigrants holding jobs that these citizens can be doing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Where are all the ATS capitalists telling us how well capitalism can solve this problem by
simply lowering the minimum wage of Zero to Minus Zero?
edit on 10-9-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

They're busy directing their operations in China?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join