It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message from the Future?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
On Tuesday or Wednesday I was at work surfing the news during lunch....

Saw a story about a REALLY big Croc (only God knows how old he is) that some villagers caught in the Philippines.

Link: 21-Foot Monster Croc caught - CNN

So - like most people probably do here - I scrolled down to see what sort of ridiculous drivel was being posted in the discussion boards.

Saw this one and my first thought was "Very creative -but total BS of course"
Promptly forgot about it but filed it away for later...

So today the market plunges 300+ points and I remembered this so of course had to get it posted for posterity Went back today and tracked the story down with CNN's search and flipped through the comments till I found it:

It's on page 14 of the comments

dudestski My name is Marc and I live in the year 2067. I'm using a time "fold" which allows me to connect with real time data from 2011and I'm writing on this blog to tell you that you have unknowingly captured the last living creature that will prove to produce the only working vaccine to successfully eradicate a future viral outbreak the world will soon know as EBOVX aka an evolved form of the Ebola virus which has wiped out 35% of the world's population as of today July 15, 2067. You must return it to its' natural habitat for the sake of our survival! None of which I state is false and to prove this, an event in history which is marked by a stock market crash will arrive in the timeline this Friday September 9th known as real start of the "Great Recession". I implore you to act for there is September 6, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply

Hmm...Possible? or not?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Gotta leave for work but I'll be back later - looking forward to people's thoughts!

link   

I dunno, I mean it's really not hard to predict a stock market plunge these days. They happen every 22 minutes. lol

Also, just because it's a 21 foot crocodile doesn't mean it's the LAST of the crocodiles, soooooo....
edit on 9-9-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

link   

possible...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'd say it's a lie, it's a crocodile, there are plenty more crocs out there, this one just happens to be huge.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I do wonder how many crocs there are out there that could possibly be this big...
Maybe it's the oldest alive or has some sort of ancient DNA string from a particular heredity line?
I would love it if somebody knew how old this thing is...to get that friggin big

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Predicting a stock market fall is hardly credible is it, I mean it is a 33% chance. The stock market either falls, stays steady or increases and in todays envirmoent it mostly falls. Just some wako animal activist.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Remember, doesn't have to be old to be big.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How would someone from the future know the dna of an animal killed now?

Unless it was preserved, in which case they would have it in the future

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Definitely not hard to predict a fall day to day - just thought it'd be fun to post in case this did actually turn out to be the "Beginning of the Great Recession"

Just to get it down in ink so maybe someone could pick up on it later

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc

Hmm...Possible? or not?

I'd say NOT. It just sounds like a huge croc of something smelly to me!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed

LOL it isn't dead, they said in the video that they kept it alive and it will be the main attraction at their park or whatever. Still think it's just a fool pretending to be from the future!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Yeah - I agree...how would he know that this animal produced a working vaccine if it dies in captivity (or unless we released it later or they had fossilized remains or something)
Of course if you really want to get sci-fi there could always be some sort of crazy crossing of multiple realities or something...(hell if they can "bubble" data back in time in the future then I guess that makes a lot of things possible)

Just thought it was an interesting concept...my prevailing feeling is that it's someone that was bored and just a little more creative or loopy than your average poster
edit on 9-9-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Edwin Cox Elorde, mayor of the remote town of Bunawan near where the croc was caught, said the reptile will become the star of a nature park there, according to the AFP report.

They didn't kill it......so what's the problem?

Marc from 2067 appears to have "jumped the gun" it would appear!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Theres no changing what happened or happens so Obviously if he is real, his warning doesnt work lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If you could in fact communicate from the future, why the heck would you pick the 14th page of the cnn comments section, to try to get your point across???

Are you telling me, in the year 2067, people still don't know what crap cnn is as a news source? Boggles ze mind.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

My thoughts exactly - otherwise he wouldn't have left the message! I think...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed

it doesn't have to be alive to have dna... it probably does need to be alive to produce a vaccine though.

real or not, it's interesting. only one way to know for sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Totally agree CNN blows...I gotta leave for work now - have fun everybody!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
[None of which I state is false and to prove this, an event in history which is marked by a stock market crash will arrive in the timeline this Friday September 9th known as real start of the "Great Recession"]

Sounds like a stupid kid to me. Reply back to them and warn him of the dangers of not staying in school or studying history. He should be more worried about another "Great Depression" Not Great Recession...

What a moron!

edit on 9-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join