It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in curses? (I am wondering if I am indeed, cursed)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hey,

I am intelligent and am entertaining the notion of a curse, of course I use the word loosely. Something working against me on "another level".

I try to be positive, stay in a positive frame of mind and look at things appropriately, however.. the chance's of what has happened to me, happening in such a short period, is less than negligible.

In a matter of two months, I had a serious car accident I should not have walked away from (someone "t-boned" me, stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake, wiped out the side of my car, no airbags, no nothing), my dogs were seized (by absolutely no fault of my own, due to bs complaints by a junkie trash neighbor, now I am fighting to get them back in court, research the rspca, they are profiteering scumbags), the insurance company is trying to sue me for the value of the other persons' car as the police finding of the accident was "inconclusive", due to the accident I missed days from a college course, important days so now I have failed the year, a medication I am on for life is now unavailable unless I wish to pay a very high cost so now I am relegated to a less effective type, I have left my partner after she tried to commit suicide and lost her mind, and now she is being deployed to Iraq..... the list goes on.

I am trying, but.. I cannot help but feel that perhaps my number is up and this is life's way of kicking me out.
Is there anyone here who could be some kind of authority on curses and such? Please be constructive, I don't need any more negativity.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The curse will work if you believe that it will. The power of suggestion can be a formidable weapon. Works rather like the placebo effect .

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
mhh, I have felt cursed through many years of my life, but years later i realized if the things that never happened to me now I would not have been the good person I am today. You are not cursed but blessed. Things happen for a reason to get you on track. You may not see the positive effects now but it will show soon. Everything might seem to be out to get you but its really to get you on the right path. I can see you are on the right path on life, count your blessing. S&F

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
That is why I keep positive, or try to..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

If you are following the lead of a possible curse from a human agent, haven't you considered the neighbour? You state he or she is a junkie. A user of which substance do you know? If the answer is opiates and you have angered them or bruised their ego in some way, then unconscious forces may be being activated against your interests due to the nature of the effect of the drug.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Heroin, as far as I know, and anything he can get.

Mmm, you bring up a valid point. I am in low cost housing, most of the people in this area have "issues", I certainly do not fit in here and just keep to myself, its since moving into that all this happened..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Okay. Perhaps also, just out of interest you could ask the real estate agency or failing their feedback, ask a sympathetic neighbour if there was a recent previous tenant who died in your apartment.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Keep positive, it will keep you in a protective barrier and will not allow ad moralities in. I suggest you to join Burt Goldmans free lessons as they will give you key information in life and help you program your mind to protect you and destroy bad influences and many more positive things to bring good health. www.theamericanmonk.com...
edit on 9-9-2011 by unknown32 because: wrong source

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
They are in prison, however this place was built in the 50's or 60's, so its likely..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

It's not a curse, It's called life my friend. It's an unfortunate series of events and often "bad luck" comes in those streaks. Just keep on keeping on an it's bound to get better.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

I truly hope so.. my strength cannot hold out forever. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

You should move out as soon as possible. Until you can, sage the house - by burning sage leaves and trailing the smoke in each room where the wall meets ceiling. do this at least once a week. 2nd - wear earplugs when you sleep and sleep with your head facing north. Lastly, if you can afford to do so, order an Earthsafe frequency generator. Either of the 2 models at following address:

www.lessemf.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Given what has happened, the chances of me being able to move out are extremely low, this place is cheap and government owned, I cannot even get a room in a house to share for what I pay here.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will be going shopping.. going to salt the property borders as well.

I was hoping to stay, I applied for this place so I could live cheaply while at university, get a real future -_-
edit on 9/9/2011 by LilFox because: update

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well my friend it could be one of two things. First off you may just be having a string of crappy luck, I hope that is the case for your sake. There are times in life where we hit a long trek where it seems just one bad thing after another is happening and we cant stop it. That is just what I like to call lifes rollercoastet some downs just last longer than others but after every down there is another up so keep on truckin through and eventually things will get better. I mean that.

or secondly....... You mustve really pissed someone off. First think back to a little bit before things started getting bad. Do you remember having any real beef with anyone who may have ties to witchcraft or the occult? It doesnt have to be anything big. Maybe just a wild arguement with someone or a slight disagreement? If you can think of something like that happend with someone of that nature then you very well could have had a curse placed on you because of that situation. But fear not friend even if you have had a curse placed on you it is not the end of the world.

No matter what anyone tells you Good Triumphs evil every time, every time, EVERY time. So I would suggest finding a church (preferably Pentecostal) and have the pastor of the church pray over you and your house to remove what ever has been placed on you. No matter the suppossed power of the person placing the curse, their power is givin by satan however even the powers of satan have to come under submission to God.

well hope this was helpful my friend and best of luck to you

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's just life my friend.
Consider the good and bad you get as 'lifes test'
If you can stay calm, compassionate, and at peace while things fall around you... you pass.
Maybe these things have happened to steer you toward another goal.

The only weird thing in your OP I saw:

..... she tried to commit suicide and lost her mind, and now she is being deployed to Iraq.

says a lot about the military

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thank you, dearly, some real food for thought.

I keep to myself, had no arguments, life was good, quite good. I guess this could be started by my ex of long ago, possible. The person I was with had dreams of my ex, told me things she couldn't possibly have known.

I feel bad, but, in my state, I couldn't be caring for another, thus the breakup.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
mhh, I have felt cursed through many years of my life, but years later i realized if the things that never happened to me now I would not have been the good person I am today. You are not cursed but blessed. Things happen for a reason to get you on track. You may not see the positive effects now but it will show soon. Everything might seem to be out to get you but its really to get you on the right path. I can see you are on the right path on life, count your blessing. S&F

I agree ^^

Ive had a rough life myself and believe that I am still going through hard times and more are to come. Everything happens for a reason, life sucks bad...you just gotta shift through and find the gold in it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32

I agree ^^

Ive had a rough life myself and believe that I am still going through hard times and more are to come. Everything happens for a reason, life sucks bad...you just gotta shift through and find the gold in it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilFox
That is why I keep positive, or try to..

You are self doubting here.

It's not just a matter of trying to think positively, because the self doubt will creep in destroying those positive intentions or thoughts.

Even if the face of the worst circumstances, you have to remain positive, even if things are not going the way you think they should be.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

As a previous poster replied curses are essentially psycho-somatic: ie. they can manifest themselves if you believe in them.

As for the car accident; you didn't give all the details but one thing I know is for sure. If you are driving around thinking you may be cursed or that evil supernatural forces are plotting against you then you are paying less attention to your personal safety.

I believe the majority of accidents can be avoided be being alert, quick thinking, calm, clear-headed etc. If you have a lot of stress on you from what's going on in your life they will DEFINITELY manifest into "BAD LUCK".

From what you have written it seems you are in a lot of stress and turmoil right now. You need to address it before something worse happens to you.

My advice would be to discuss these issues with family friends, members of the faith community. Also stay calm, positive, optimistic...exercise will definitely help you think straight.

Good luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join