It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm tired of rude posts!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I mean seriously!
If all you can bring to a thread is ..."Change your lifestyle, quit blaming others. " Don't even bother posting!
I see more and more of this every day and it's just out of control.
You are NOT bringing anything useful to the thread so just don't bring it at all.
These are the type of posts that should be target by mods, to me anything like this is off topic and should be removed.... Ive seen more ON topic posts removed than this kind of crap.
End of rant
Am I feeding the trolls?
edit on 15-9-2011 by Gazrok because: All caps in thread title

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I agree, it's pretty pathetic. If you can't tolerate what somebody is posting about you shouldn't be here.
edit on 8/9/2011 by BigBruddah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Amen to that brother! Dont worry about the trolls, they always get plenty to eat.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, obviously, you should quit complaining and change the way you see it. Not being sarcastic either. Those posts are some of the most useful. I refer you to my personal rant:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You're right my friend, I was just subject to trolling very recently regarding my grammar in one of the threads I posted. It was pretty obnoxious.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yes..I agree too...and what about when you create a reply to a thread...and you state your views...and someone comments an opposing view to yours ...(which happens) but.....when you reply again to them politely. and respectfully ....they still tear apart everything you say and they are very rude and arrogant about it. You could still be kind and nice....and politely disagree....and the other person comes back at you...very condescending and know it all. I just hate that!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Agreed
2nd

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

I agree, it's pretty pathetic. If you can't tolerate what somebody is posting about you shouldn't be here.
edit on 8/9/2011 by BigBruddah because: (no reason given)

Thanks, I completely agree. We all know we aren't going to agree with 100% of what is posted in this forum, but some of have enough integrity not to be rude in one of those threads. I may have been guilty in the past once or twice in the almost 2 years i've been here and I'm sorry for that. I strive to be better than that.
Star for you!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oh, shut it..

Just Kidding. I agree.. there is a lot of that. I admit to having made smarmy remarks on threads now and again, but I at least *try* to make them on topic.. even if I am being a *bleep*

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

You're right my friend, I was just subject to trolling very recently regarding my grammar in one of the threads I posted. It was pretty obnoxious.

OMG I hate when tha grammar police come nockin at meh door!
S4U

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Yes..I agree too...and what about when you create a reply to a thread...and you state your views...and someone comments an opposing view to yours ...(which happens) but.....when you reply again to them politely. and respectfully ....they still tear apart everything you say and they are very rude and arrogant about it. You could still be kind and nice....and politely disagree....and the other person comes back at you...very condescending and know it all. I just hate that!

I feel your pain! all we can do is try to ignore it....until we feel the need to create a thread in the rant section because it becomes such an annoyance.
Thanks for your support!
S4U

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Agreed
2nd

Momma always saaaaaid [Forest Gump Voice]
S4U

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just respond to the trolls who do that with this picture. Sorry I just couldn't resist.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46a379a0dde4.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

Your showing your age! lol very nice!
S4U

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What's that old saying, "If you can't stand the heat, don't go into the kitchen."

If you post something that can be attacked, or displays ignorance or outright stupidity, then you get what you asked for. There is no reason to humor such efforts or let them slide as is the appeal we usually see herein.. Some folks may hand you a peace prize, but others will take you to task.

Welcome to the real world.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

What's that old saying, "If you can't stand the heat, don't go into the kitchen."

If you post something that can be attacked, or displays ignorance or outright stupidity, then you get what you asked for. There is no reason to humor such efforts or let them slide as is the appeal we usually see herein.. Some folks may hand you a peace prize, but others will take you to task.

Welcome to the real world.
What you or I call Ignorance or stupidity may actually be quite the opposite my friend. How many people were killed because they were stupid enough to believe the world is round or the Sun was the center of the solar system? Keep an open mind and don't be rude ...you may eat your words one day.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Change your lifestyle. Quit blaming others.

Everything is just rainbows and butterflies. Take it easy. Everything's gonna be ok. Oh, wait.....

Don't worry about it. The comet is coming. There will be NO internet soon enough, then you won't have to read rude words. You won't even have to listen to them. Just listen to the gunfire, off in the distance, coming closer. You'll get used to it.

Don't stand by the window.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

You have a point, but there ways of doing it. Personal attacks shouldn't be necessary, even if you don't agree with their point of view... everyone should be entitled to their own opinion

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've set three rules for myself for posting:

1. Opinions are not facts.
2. Arguments are not discussions.
3. Insults are not necessary.

If someone replies to something I've posted in the spirit of expanding the discussion, I'm more than happy to respond. Otherwise, I see no reason.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I call it "post rage". Similar to "road rage". Some people become an ass when they get behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. And others become an ass when they have access to a keyboard, and a little anonymity.

As to the grammar police. I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to typo's and misspellings. I've never made any errors of course.
But I must admit a pet peeve for misspelled thread titles. If there is one thing we should all try to get right, I think it's the title of our thread. IMHO anyway.

S&F.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join