It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: $43 Million more for 'wind energy' green jobs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
First, I'm not sure where this really belongs, so mods please move if necessary. Thanks!

Looks like Obama is spending even more money from the cap raised deficit. Take a look:

Obama: $43 Million more for 'wind energy' green jobs

I wonder how much longer we have before we see Obama asking for a cap increase?

Guess it's easy spending money that doesn't belong you, a Mr. Obama?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Why do you put so negatively?

Obama is not the devil, not like some behind him...
Not eeeeeeverything he does is bad, wake up!

This actually great news if all works good

edit on 8-9-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's also very easy to say, stop spending, when it's not your choice.
To make money, you need to invest. To make jobs, you need to invest.

What, are you thinking corporations will put the US economy back on track?
Don't make me laugh.

The government HAS to spend to rebuild the economy, that is, spend elsewhere then on Zionist warfare.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i hope that OTTR= OtterTail Energy gets a chunk of that change...
they build and maintain wind farms up there in the Dakota

i have a stock account with them...great company & bill gates owns a bunch of the stock too

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Personally I think colleges have more than enough tax payer money to research themselves. PSU can fund it from their college football money the rake in.No more spending our money.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This somewhat relevant to an argument I had another thread about nuclear energy. -

"http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/24/solar-projects-pit-green-against-green/

Solar is a viable energy source but "environmentalist" won't allow use to use it, along with nuclear. It seems the only other alternatives that ever manage to make it through are the laughable inefficient wind farms. Enough to make an impression of eco conscious change but not powerful enough to compete against coal and oil plants and compete with them."

I'm more of skeptic on this site, but the fight against us using solar plants in Mojave and the continuing mothballing nuclear tech, including things that could cut back on nuclear waste like reprocessing. Only make me suspicious of why we are not allowed to use viable options or even consider them that could be a major step off of oil and coal.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Why do you put so negatively?

Obama is not the devil, not like some behind him...
Not eeeeeeverything he does is bad, wake up!

This actually great news if all works good

Really? Hmmm, I don't think I called Obama the devil. I understand it takes money to make money, and him putting money into new energy solutions is not a bad thing, I didn't say it was bad in my post.

What is funny is how he begged for an increase because the country was defaulting and he is out spending it up again. One would figure a lesson had been learned the first time.

I also don't need to wake up as I am fully in tune to what Mr. Obama has been doing and not doing. You said "not everything he does is bad", show me proof of what he has done that has excelled the nation?

If he is so eager to spend money on energy, why is he sitting on the oil drilling contracts that would only generate dollars and not cost us dollars?

And going back to spending money to make money, the country is in debit by 10s of trillions of dollars. When are we going to start seeing a return from that investment?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Sadly it should be good news, but the truth is that when you have to pay a "company" with tax payer dollars or get "stimulus" to buy jobs (create jobs), it only adds to the deficit meaning we the tax payer are paying for those "created" jobs now, when the "jobs" are not regulated to be for Americans only and the company brings cheap labor from oversea using H1B visas, we know that we have wasted tax payer money that will not benefit Americans at all because we still have the debt to pay for.

Think, people think. What looks like a good idea is nothing but hoax.

edit on 8-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well what a joke, after reading the entire link I see that is not even to create jobs, just to pay for already established companies to "create ideas for the power" so the companies already have employees I wonder how many of them are foregners.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

"For Every Action there is an Equal and Opposite Re-Action."

"Wind Energy" is not environmentally friendly, and is not without its own repercussions.

What do these folks suppose might happen as we harvest energy from the wind? That energy was serving some purpose already, and it was impacting large ecosystems and weather patterns. Sure, one or two wind turbines don't seem too harmful, but entire wind fields in the Southwestern States are surely going to impact weather patterns Eastward.

Not to mention, with Solar Energy, the impacts of harnessing it from rooftops are actually beneficial impacts. We have enough rooftop space in the Southern Half of the US to power the entire country on Solar Energy, and by doing so, we also effect some cooling on the structures below, and thus require less energy in the form of Air-Conditioning!

There is no such thing as "environmentally friendly energy production." Every time we harness energy, we have a trade-off somewhere.

The only true "Green Initiative" is energy conservation. That is where the technology needs to go, and that is where the population needs to be steered. We have to stop consuming so much energy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thank you for seeing my point.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

"For Every Action there is an Equal and Opposite Re-Action."

"Wind Energy" is not environmentally friendly, and is not without its own repercussions.

What do these folks suppose might happen as we harvest energy from the wind? That energy was serving some purpose already, and it was impacting large ecosystems and weather patterns. Sure, one or two wind turbines don't seem too harmful, but entire wind fields in the Southwestern States are surely going to impact weather patterns Eastward.

Not to mention, with Solar Energy, the impacts of harnessing it from rooftops are actually beneficial impacts. We have enough rooftop space in the Southern Half of the US to power the entire country on Solar Energy, and by doing so, we also effect some cooling on the structures below, and thus require less energy in the form of Air-Conditioning!

There is no such thing as "environmentally friendly energy production." Every time we harness energy, we have a trade-off somewhere.

The only true "Green Initiative" is energy conservation. That is where the technology needs to go, and that is where the population needs to be steered. We have to stop consuming so much energy.

Exactly!!! So why spend more money on it?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

When a nation have to used tax payer money to create jobs you can tell how bad our nation is doing, taking into consideration that the last two stimulus and countless millions to innovations has yield nothing to create jobs and some of the companies that tax payer money has been given are defaulting also, we should realized how great the waste and abuse of tax payer dollars really is in this nation.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

When a nation have to used tax payer money to create jobs you can tell how bad our nation is doing, taking into consideration that the last two stimulus and countless millions to innovations has yield nothing to create jobs and some of the companies that tax payer money has been given are defaulting also, we should realized how great the waste and abuse of tax payer dollars really is in this nation.

I couldn't agree with you more! Tax dollars are wasted everyday on foolest agendas our government is pushing. Yet, because of their political beliefs, they are sitting on things that would excel the nation.
edit on 8-9-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What is your problem with job creation?

Do you have a job? Does your neighbor? If you have I guess you are alrite Jack?

$43 million dollars?! That is absolutely nothing, pitiful amounts of percentage points of the American GDP.

As Mike Whitney put it

Who cares about the deficits? It’s crazy to worry about the deficits when the economy is circling the plughole.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

What is your problem with job creation?

Do you have a job? Does your neighbor? If you have I guess you are alrite Jack?

$43 million dollars?! That is absolutely nothing, pitiful amounts of percentage points of the American GDP.

As Mike Whitney put it

Who cares about the deficits? It’s crazy to worry about the deficits when the economy is circling the plughole.

www.counterpunch.org...

I guess you have taken my post out of context. I never said I was against job creation. I'm 100% for job creation, but the $43 million isn't for job creation.

The new Department of Energy (DOE) program will spend $43 million over the next five years to “speed technical innovations, lower costs, and shorten the timeline for deploying offshore wind energy systems,” according to a DOE release.

Read the article!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What is your point then?

Because he asked for the debt ceiling to rise,(Which has happened dozens of times in the past) he now cannot spend a dime?

What the hell are you on about?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

What is your point then?

Because he asked for the debt ceiling to rise,(Which has happened dozens of times in the past) he now cannot spend a dime?

What the hell are you on about?

My point is Obama is spending money on offshore wind energy that does not benifit the US in any way. Tax payer money being spent for non-profit. Wasteful spending of tax payer dollars.

I didn't say he couldn't spend any money, I said it would be nice for him to spend money on things that give a return.

Need any further clarification?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Spending money that will reduce the American dependence on Oil, Gas & Nuclear power, in a country that is one of the most pollutant on the planet.

Yeh what a waste of money...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ok, people, we are not creating anything, our government is investing more tax dollars on ventures that end up bankrupted like many before them adding more debt to the nation and tax payer.

Now, with the end of the Q2, Congress can only raise the debt ceiling if the money is coming from other "services" and sources in the nation that's call government funds appropriation, meaning that they will have to cut all "usually necessary" services that the government think "unnecessary" (doesn't include pork) in order to allocate them on other more "important" needs.

This often means sections of the government where the money is coming from letting employees go to save money but no directly have to be linked to government.

So in other words the government is claiming to be helping companies so they can 'create jobs perhaps 10 years from now" while taking already existing jobs now.

See the whole scam. Those 43 million along with the 400 billions for stimulus are going to look good if they are approved in the overall GDP figures, but actually they are no doing a darn thing to the creating jobs in the nation.

Meanwhile the nation deficit keeps growing.
edit on 8-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join