It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government is trying to hide their secrets! They are making conspiracy theorists the scapegoat.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I hope everyone reads this article, its pathetic that a lot of people still believe the official 9/11 report. We should not be scapegoated for our opinions.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Unvarnished because: Typo

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Sep 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

We're the crazy ones and their stories are full of holes.
I guess I'll be crazy sometimes you just have to follow your gut.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
couldn't agree more. but what keeps my chin up is the idea of the "100th Monkey principle" 100th Monkey Principle

in a nutshell it is where after a certain critical number has accepted an idea, behavior, or principle it will spread at an exponential rate. so another way of thinking about how a small number of people can make a huge difference

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

If you tell a lie long and loud enough, people will start to believe it.

Using this same logic, we should

Keep telling the truth long and loud enough, eventually people will believe it.

P.S. I'm not sure who said that top quote.
edit on 8/9/11 by galactictuan because: something wonderful

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's why we have to talk to people in real life, off the TV, off the computer, in Real Life about these things. People need to know the truth. People need to stop following the MSM. Keep trying.

It's like if you don't ask out the pretty girl, the answers already no.

You may not win every person, but enough will talk to more, and more. It's unstoppable if we don't give up.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Just booking my spot, will be back to comment.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan

hi
hitler said it

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So why do you care what this article says?
Are you saying you NEVER watch tv news?
Or
You watch but NEVER believe anything they say? What’s the point in watching?
Or
You pick and choose which stories you believe?

But I suppose you get all your news from websites like this? Websites are far more biased than tv news.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Your title is misleading. How is the Government making conspiracy theorists scapegoats? The article describes the evolution of the theories and how they transfigure under scruitiny. The statement "The myriad of conspiracy theories, on the other hand, are rarely spelt out in great detail - perhaps because when they are, they have been quickly debunked. Nor is a motive usually explained" seems to be true. Details of the theories are hard to come by.
Frank Spotnitz offered a rationale... "we live in an age of anxiety, where we do not know who to trust and what to believe in. Conspiracy theories, he says, offer "a magic key that fits all the pieces together" and makes sense of our uncertain world." I think this sums it up, nicely.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
news.yahoo.com...

I hope everyone reads this article, its pathetic that a lot of people still believe the official 9/11 report. We should not be scapegoated for our opinions.

I've been saying this for 8 years now!!!! In our futile attempt to bring attention to the plethora of anomalous events that day, we're actually helping the PTB by keeping things stirred up, controversial, arguable, uncertain and unclear.

The basic fundamental theme and acknowledgment that any TruthMovement has is: The official story is not the whole truth. In fact, some say it's a complete lie.

To go beyond that is venturing into the unknown where, the PTB wants us all to duke it out. Because while we're duking it out (bombs, no bombs, planes, no planes, missile, controlled demolition, free-fall, debris field, pass-port, no black box, lamp posts, confiscated video tapes, world trade center building seven, cell phone, amateur pilots etc etc etc.....) the PTB are laughing and the front page of Yahoo today, proves it!!!

Although we're gaining in numbers the Truthers are actually making everyone involved unaccountable because we make their concise story look more rational (to the untrained eye anyway).

The Truth Movement behind 9-11-01 will never die. It will forever run in tandem with the murder of JFK (which incidentally, has a coincidental Texas connection to the two too. I'm just sayin' !)
edit on 8-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: edit to add line

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by trebor451

Oops, I guess I'm a human being, I make mistakes. This mistake is called a typo. I am purposefully writing this sentence in perfect grammar so you can be very happy. 8]

I'm sorry. It is called "attention to detail". If you can't even take the time to proofread your post and apply due diligence , don't expect anyone else to take anything you say seriously.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
So why do you care what this article says?
Are you saying you NEVER watch tv news?
Or
You watch but NEVER believe anything they say? What’s the point in watching?
Or
You pick and choose which stories you believe?

But I suppose you get all your news from websites like this? Websites are far more biased than tv news.

I know you weren't talking/writing to me but allow me please.

I for one get ALL my 'news' from this forum. In all late-breaking posts, the MSM link is included anyway. So who needs TV?
Yahoo and Google and MSN etc are owned by the same people we've grown to distrust, disrespect and dislike!

Forums like ATS are far from biased. The author of a given thread might have his/her opinion but once you get to page 4, you've just about read every single possible opinion on this planet!

So, biased? Far from it. Radical? Yup, more like it!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Their making conspiracy theorists the scapegoat.,

I'm sorry....but is grammar taught anywhere anymore these days? It really distracts from the rest of the inane elements of your position/argument when you cannot even use the proper form of "They're" or, when in doubt, just use "They are" instead of the possessive "Their".

Before anyone gets on my backside for this, I am no Grammar Police and by far no expert, but this is elementary-school level grammar. If you don't want to be discounted out of hand (as opposed to being discounted *in* hand because of the ridiculousness of your argument) immediately because you can't even be bothered to use proper grammar, IN YOUR SUBJECT, no less, don't even try.

This is so uncalled for.

Anyone with sophistication, class and a sense of decorum would never call out this typo! If you made it past the 5th grade you'll have figured out the gist of the sentence!!!

You just disagree with the thread. And because of your dissension you have this negative need to fight like a punk by making fun and/or embarrassing your prey. If this was really that important to you you would've U2U the OP.

You made yourself look 100 times worse than your subject!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I'm sorry....but is grammar taught anywhere anymore these days? It really distracts from the rest of the inane elements of your position/argument when you cannot even use the proper form of "They're" or, when in doubt, just use "They are" instead of the possessive "Their".

Before anyone gets on my backside for this, I am no Grammar Police and by far no expert, but this is elementary-school level grammar. If you don't want to be discounted out of hand (as opposed to being discounted *in* hand because of the ridiculousness of your argument) immediately because you can't even be bothered to use proper grammar, IN YOUR SUBJECT, no less, don't even try.

Hey Top Cop, a disclaimer/denial of what you are doing/saying is always preceeded/followed by the exact action that you are denying. You also have some mistakes in you're (purposely spelled wrong) post as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan

I suspect some politician no doubt

But on a serious note (and a little off-topic too) It's ironic when a story from ancient times gets told for many many generations over and over again, we just pass that off as a myth!
It's funny how 'they' get to decide our truths.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by trebor451

Oops, I guess I'm a human being, I make mistakes. This mistake is called a typo. I am purposefully writing this sentence in perfect grammar so you can be very happy. 8]

I'm sorry. It is called "attention to detail". If you can't even take the time to proofread your post and apply due diligence , don't expect anyone else to take anything you say seriously.

I too have an eye for detail. I say you should use your punctuation correctly. The punctuation goes inside the quotes at the end of your sentences. Just trying to help you achieve perfection, my self rightous friend.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

This is so uncalled for.

Anyone with sophistication, class and a sense of decorum would never call out this typo! If you made it past the 5th grade you'll have figured out the gist of the sentence!!!

You just disagree with the thread. And because of your dissension you have this negative need to fight like a punk by making fun and/or embarrassing your prey. If this was really that important to you you would've U2U the OP.

You made yourself look 100 times worse than your subject!!

X2 I could not have said it better. I feel exactly the same but my expression of it was not as well put as yours. Thank you.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The Three Stages of the TRUTH

As the German Philosopher Aurthur Schopenhauer is quoted:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

It is only a matter of time.

Patience IS a virtue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join