It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just when you were hoping America was waking up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I use to think Dubya rigged the elections, but looking at this vid proves me wrong. Why would they need to rig any elections when they keep dumbing down the masses. Seriously what the?

This aired a while ago on Australian T.V and I guess falls in line with what the typical Australian thinks of America's "intelligence". Dont blame me, blame the people who run America, it shows just how little some Americans know about the "war on terrorism" and the world around them.

Anyway, I thought the video was as funny as it is sad, but of course doesnt reflect ALL Americans intelligence, there are many American(including some ATS'ers) who know exaclty what is going on. At minimum it's worth a look for a laugh.

Note the title "Americans are not all stupid - Al-Qaeda is a wing of the Masons"....at least one guy in this vid got something right:

The world is in trouble when you've got people like this voting for who is going to run the most powerful country on earth.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is in fact from New Zealand, and is widely known to be a very heavily edited joke. It's been around for years.

link   
Americans will never wake up.

They are too busy waving their flag in the rest of the worlds noses about how awesome they are and how great they are and if we dare question it, we are terrorists.

The only thing that will wake up Americans is a nuclear bomb in NYC and bringing the war to their doorsteps.

Even that, wont wake them up. It will just get them to huff and puff even more.

The problem with world stability, is America, it has to go. It is going, and it will go.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)

link   
If there is a perceived likeability of a candidate, it's easier and less suspicious to rig the election, as opposed to doing it for someone who is mostly hated (like Bush, which is why the rigging was so obvious). They could have rigged the Obama election but no one would question it because he was well liked (at the time).
edit on 7-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Rick Mercer.
Talking to Americans.

The funniest pieces the CBC ever allowed on TV.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
This is in fact from New Zealand, and is widely known to be a very heavily edited joke. It's been around for years.

Umm, the show is "Chasers" and it's Australian mate.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
If there is a perceived likeability of a candidate, it's easier and less suspicious to rig the election, as opposed to doing it for someone who is mostly hated (like Bush, which is why the rigging was so obvious). They could have rigged the Obama election but no one would question it because he was well liked (at the time).
edit on 7-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

Just to confirm, my comment about Bush was more of a tongue in cheek comment, I dont doubt for a second that TPTB try their hardest to rig everything they can.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw

Whatever you say buddy. It's from New Zealand, deal with it

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw

Whatever you say buddy. It's from New Zealand, deal with it

Oh man, you put up a thread about the intelligence of Americans and you get this, are you American by any chance?

Link to "Chaser" the TV show that is run by ABC that aired the footage : CHASERS from AUSTRALIAN ABC channel, note ".au"

DEAL WITH IT.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
American's are starting to wake up now. Only because
the middle class is starting to hurt.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What a bunch of nimrods, I can only hope that they represent only a small minority of Americans and that the vast majority could answer these type of lobbed softball questions easily. I do have to agree with the one guy that said California is part of the "axis of evil" though

edit on 7-9-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
American's are starting to wake up now. Only because
the middle class is starting to hurt.

Yeah shame it takes money for them to think twice about giving their tax dollars to genocidal maniacs

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I am sure this is not far from the truth. People are in general so disconnected from world affairs and the news that they are more likely to vote for someone based on their skin color than their ideas - at least people in the northern United States and in Virginia, North Carolina and Florida.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
out of sight, out of mind

pretty sure thats how america works

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I had to watch the video twice as its just so funny.

I know that America is a big country so it is quite natural to only have news from America but come on, some of these replies are just wrong.

France is where Australia is, nice going. Top marks in geography. (note sarcasm)

If American people were the last humans on the planet what chance does humanity have ?
Hell left to these people in the video, they would invade the wrong country.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

Though the video posted by the OP may demonstrate the failure of our heavily degraded "standards of education", it is in no way an accurate portrayal of the collective American intellect.

I find it interesting how quickly America bashers, such as yourself, prove their own ignorance.

Americans will never wake up.

Sure we will! I'm one of many Americans that have been "awake", for much too long, to not respond to your garbage!

They are too busy waving their flag in the rest of the worlds noses about how awesome they are and how great they are and if we dare question it, we are terrorists.

I'm an American that would love to see ALL of our "flags" brought home! These "flags" include, but are not limited to:
1) Our Troops
2) Our Money
3) Our Businesses
4) Our Technology
5) ALL Other Overseas Assets

Quite simply:
THOSE THAT CAN NOT APRECIATE THE ABOVE, DO NOT DESERVE THEM!

Making comments such as:

The only thing that will wake up Americans is a nuclear bomb in NYC and bringing the war to their doorsteps.

Even that, wont wake them up. It will just get them to huff and puff even more.

The problem with world stability, is America, it has to go. It is going, and it will go.

... could suggest that you are, indeed, a terrorist. Fortunately you don't display the conviction required of a real terrorist. I suspect you are just too damn "sorry" to accept responsibility for your own actions.

Thanks for displaying your ignorance!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 7-9-2011 by BenReclused because: Punctuation

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The video may be edited, but it was not altered in the sense that the people said what they said. Those segments that made it into the final cut were true in and of themselves.

If nothing else this should prove that the dumbing down of America is working beyond the wildest dreams of the PTB.
edit on 9/7/2011 by wayno because: sp.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is, of course, not representative of America in general and could have been done anywhere with similar results.

Jay Leno had a recurring segment on his show called "Jaywalking" where he would ask random people general knowledge questions on a particular subject. Some of the results were saddening. This video, for example, is about American culture. The sad part is that two of these people are teachers.

I can't embed, but you can watch the video here

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Its a matter of what interests people. History is way down on the list of priorities in today's society. It is irrelevant. Meanwhile, the troubles of Brittney Spears or octo-mom or any other celebrity is of utmost importance.

Why? Because media pushes this kind of gossip to sell products. History is dry and boring. Gossip is juicy. Its always nice to see somebody else having more problems than you.

Also, people just don't realize how they are being controlled by the media. They are ignorant, blissfully so, and ripe for further abuse thru emptying of their pockets, bank accounts, and soul.

It is just as it should be to those to whom the $$$$'s flow. The smart, independent thinker is the oddball in this scenario, like some of us here.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

And you make these statements based on your psycic abilities ? Or are you just a person that hates Americans because you hate? Telll me, what has America or The American People done to you? Where are you from or is that a well kept secret? What wide awake country do you hale from? Do they even have a flag? Or are you just troll in a hole?
PS you ever notice its the ones that dont say where they are from that bash and smear America and The American people the most ?
edit on 8-9-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join