It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I am just a DREAM

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
have you ever had a dream that you are dreaming?

have you ever waken up from a dream and yet, you find yourself still dreaming?

have you ever experienced feelings inside a dream... such as physical pain, touch, and smell?

we forget 99% of our dreams as soon as we awake or shortly there after...
but, there are dreams that we do not forget even many years after we have dreamed them!

what if i am a dream...
a passing thought forgotten about...
or about to be forgotten as soon as the entity who dreams awakens?

What if I am just a DREAM?

then dream me again and again...
for in that dream i am happy and sad, excited and scared, preoccupied... peaceful... and HOPEFUL
then dream me AGAIN and again...

for in that dream... i do EXIST!

- Emil Nomel 7-9-2011 where is life?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Have you been watching a little too much Inception?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Merrily merrily merrily merrily.
Life is but a dream.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: grin

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Have you been watching a little too much Inception?

nope

actually, i have seen it only once... when it came out a bit over a year ago

this concept i had since the late 70's early 80's when i was a young kid!

then in 1992 a schoolmate of mine wrote a poem after i inspired him on that idea... he was a musician and was writing poems to make songs out of them etc... i don't know if he ever made a song out of it but, that was over 19 years before the movie "Inception"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel
have you ever had a dream that you are dreaming?
Do you mean a lucid dream? A dream where you know you are dreaming and control it. Yes.

have you ever waken up from a dream and yet, you find yourself still dreaming?
Well sometimes when I'm half awake, this world really does feel like a dream.

have you ever experienced feelings inside a dream... such as physical pain, touch, and smell?

no pain. But definitely touch. I was shot in the side, yet it didn't hurt. But when I went to touch it I could actually feel it.

we forget 99% of our dreams as soon as we awake or shortly there after...
but, there are dreams that we do not forget even many years after we have dreamed them!

what if i am a dream...
a passing thought forgotten about...
or about to be forgotten as soon as the entity who dreams awakens?

What if I am just a DREAM?
Nothing. Just keep living the dream. For all you know, it's all there is.

then dream me again and again...
for in that dream i am happy and sad, excited and scared, preoccupied... peaceful... and HOPEFUL
then dream me AGAIN and again...

for in that dream... i do EXIST!

- Emil Nomel 7-9-2011 where is life?

I think of the world as a dream we all share with other dreamers. A sort of communal dream.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

Inception was awful. The idea it's based off of had so much potential. But they ruined it royally. I guess it was an entertaining movie, but compared to what it could've and should've been, it was awful.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Merrily merrily merrily merrily.
Life is but a dream.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: grin

i love that song too!

and the trick is to row your boat down the stream... and not up the stream!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think of the world as a dream we all share with other dreamers. A sort of communal dream.

this ^^ very much possible

thank you for the reply

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Many people suffered from the Truman syndrome. Now, there's the Matrix and Inception syndrome. Where will it end?

Jokes aside, my answers are yes for your first three questions but life is not a dream or an illusion.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I didn't really like it either but this post reminds me of the movie. I didn't really get the whole thing honestly it seemed a little far fetched.

I like to think I am a real person with real emotions. To be just a dream would be sad. However, we would get to create our own reality.

link   
Not far off

link   

Inception was awful. The idea it's based off of had so much potential. But they ruined it royally. I guess it was an entertaining movie, but compared to what it could've and should've been, it was awful.

i agree with you!
i have seen it only once (a bad quality cam version that someone gave me) and i never bothered to watch it again even when i was offered a good DVD quality disk.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I kept dreaming I was an igloo and a wigwam.Finally I went to the doctors and he told me to relax,I was 2 tense.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
Jokes aside, my answers are yes for your first three questions but life is not a dream or an illusion.

how do you know???

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
please refer to my quotes

"there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves" - bill hicks

i have pondered your question for quite some time myself... and i have pinched myself many a day to just test the theory... i really don't know how to respond, other than to say that, that i have questioned this reality for many years.. good question though, i will watch this thread to see if anyone can pose an answer that makes sense

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I dont think it matters how you describe reality we all still have to live within the familiar limitations. Where ever here is I am may as well make the best of it I can

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

i like your quote

i have had others pinch me inside my dream and i would "feel" it and it wouldn't wake me up... until i kept hearing the alarm clock to wake me up for work :/

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

By trusting my own consciousness, not relying on any speculations, throwing aside all conditionings and perceiving that the physical realm is only a tiny layer of my whole being.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

A dream you dream alone is just a dream. A dream you dream together is a reality - John Lennon

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Its a dream compared to the reality you're going to face when your physical body dies and your soul wakes up in the other side.
edit on 7-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join