It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Super Cow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok,

I have absolutely no idea where this goes so it goes here until someone decides on a better place. Searched for the exact title of the vid, nothing. But with 23,575,881 views on YT, it seems people are interested.

It's apparently not growth hormones but selective breeding. Wow! These things are absolute Monsters and I highly doubt anyone is gonna try a cow tipping stunt on one of these bad boys.

From National Geographic...The burger source that weighs over 2,000 lbs!

edit on 5-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow, absolutely huge!
Wonder if and when there
will be enough of the large
cows to put them on the
market in place of or in
addition to normal size.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Wow, absolutely huge!
Wonder if and when there
will be enough of the large
cows to put them on the
market in place of or in
addition to normal size.

I really don't know if I want to eat one of these bad boys.

A little creepy for my liking.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Good, but lets just make sure the meats not gonna go all like madcow on us... More steak for you buck = Winning

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This may seem good at first glance, but I have to wonder about genetic diversity in 100 years.

We are already having problems with chickens because of selective breeding.

How long before we have similar problems in the beef industry?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
This may seem good at first glance, but I have to wonder about genetic diversity in 100 years.

We are already having problems with chickens because of selective breeding.

How long before we have similar problems in the beef industry?

Absolutely agree with you on that.

What's next? 80lb escargot?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Now, where have I heard of 1 poor little boy having the same gene mutation.
Know it wasn't on here...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Mah name is Bovine hearr me roaarrrr, bow to my burger produciing pomptitude!! I thought mini cows were cool! as for selective breeding problem if you close the genetic pool to much yes we will see issues in degradation of product, however we have been doing it for centuries, its how we make new breeds of cats dogs and cute glow in the dark bunnies...ok the last is genetic manipulation but man do they make rabbit hunting at night easy! As long as fresh genetic stock is occasionally mated and similar genetic breeding are carried out around the globe, so that "foreign" genetic material from outside the local gene pool can be administered to continue a healthy controlled genetic evolution. This should be a great meat producing animal that will feed millions in the future generations Billions if you go by a certain golden ideogram kinda popular around the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hi Jude-That's a massive beast-looks like its been fed steroids since birth though.
Here's the other side of the coin-The world's smallest cow breed from Sri Lanka,where they are considered sacred,luckily for them.Only 33inches tall.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I would love a couple of those-I would never have to mow the lawn again,and my dogs could play with them!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by jude11

Hi Jude-That's a massive beast-looks like its been fed steroids since birth though.
Here's the other side of the coin-The world's smallest cow breed from Sri Lanka,where they are considered sacred,luckily for them.Only 33inches tall.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I would love a couple of those-I would never have to mow the lawn again,and my dogs could play with them!
Yes they do look like they have been given steroids but Nat Geo reports to the contrary. Who knows?

And those little guys? I want one!

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join