It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proto-Sumerian origin on text on a statue discovered in Peru! The riddle of the monolith of the Poko

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That last pic is mind blowing! what is a bowl covered in sumerian script ( Is it called cuniform?) doing in Bolivia?
What is the big secret and why is it ignored so much?
google 'global language' and notice the similarities between the global script (found in every major land mass on earth) and the sumerian script.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
here you go a little something on graham hancocks "quest for the lost civilization"
www.documentarywire.com...
edit on 5-9-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

The bucket in his hand is not a spice bag, but rather a bucket containing the water/blood of life. Designating the figure as a god. A symbol also found in other cultures.

You can also look here for other images and some descriptions.

edit on 9/5/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I'd be very wary of that charlatan if I was you my friend. I would be highly sceptical of anyone claiming to be the re-incarnation of Edgar Casey based on a passing resemblance, it's just compounded by the fact he tries to fob his entourage off as the re-incarnation of Casey's friends.

He has some good stuff in his books but most of, if not all of, has been plagiarized from somewhere else.
edit on 5/9/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When I saw the Poko man holding what looks like a bag I immediately thought of the Fish Gods from Assyrian culture. There are a number of carvings and images of the fish/man with that particular bag.

I know its possible that its used for spice etc and its certainly held on some reliefs by the fish men looking as though they are collecting something from a bush. However, the South American man looks as though he might be in a pilot or driving seat and I am wondering whether its not a bag at all but some kind of key for driving some kind of machinery. Even the Fish/men went into the sea at night and I very much doubt they merely floated there.

Although totally sceptic about the credibility given to the bible because of its borrowed origens I do feel there are some hints of truth in it. It says (I think) that before the flood the earth was fully populated ..... then the Tower of Babel mentions we all spoke the same language which 'god' maliciously put a stop to by confusing our language into languages. This is particularly fascinating because you would have thought that if people adored God so much and wanted to reach him, he would have been flattered at their efforts. This possibly links back to an earlier point mentioned about Marduk and our minds being wiped.

I do think the Indian past religious books suggest a problematic past with possible nuclear wars. The huge sheets of glass found in several deserts would indicate that this may well have happened. They also show fabulous pictures of structures that piloted people into space and certainly around the world. Taken with a much lower sea level and the possibility of a land mass in the area of the Azores, I don't think we should be shocked at ancient man's accomplishments, just the enforced ignorance still taught to children today at school.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Actually from research I have done the Hebrew tribe attacked and decimated the Sumerians and adapted their religion. The Khazars then invaded them and assumed their whole identity.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Logarock

Actually from research I have done the Hebrew tribe attacked and decimated the Sumerians and adapted their religion. The Khazars then invaded them and assumed their whole identity.

Got any links for that? I'd like to read up on that. TIA.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Of course these places are thousands of miles apart, but the similarities are glaring.
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

I cannot help but think that perhaps it was enlightened or modern travelers that taught different tribes the art of language and written communication. This could easily explain the similarities and even some of the Ooparts found in odd places. Especially if their owners were travelers who carried some artifacts from tribe to tribe until the gifts got too much to carry or maybe using them to trade.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by amnislupus

This is off topic, but relevant.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Just reading the book the 12th planet by zecharia sitchin right now and he gets into Sumeria.
It is evident to anyone with at least a modicum of intelligence resonating in the brain the size of a pea that there was once a great civilization that had access to all parts of the planet and there was one world religion or belief that connects all the pyramids together. It is also evident superior technologies existed that could move huge rocks and melt them and cut them precisely and with a precision that boggles the mind.You then begin to realize we are a fallen race that is just emerging from an abrupt steep descent.The pyramids are part of a once great machine that scattered the planet and gave us access to other worlds and dimensions.
Our consciousness has been purposely put in an amnesiatic state so it begs the question what did our predecessors do or encounter that led to our downfall.The world governments know about our true past and that's the real reason why the Iraq war was started so that the loot of mesopotamia could be plundered.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I think Sumer was much earlier than the Hebrews and was overpowered by the Akkadians around 2270 BC. The Hebrews/Israelites were carted off to Babylon after refusing to cough up their taxes for the second time.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Much of our past is hidden and or yet undiscovered. However, why have they hidden it from us?
What are they afraid of?

I don't think they are afraid of us. Why would they be? We have been so dumb'd down. We are sufficiently diluted
so as not to be a threat. Very few of us are willing to take the time to learn to read, etc. Most are comfortable watching T.V.; football, soccer, baseball, or silly "reality" shows. I mean, think about that, a "reality" show. Come on
---really?--
What we have been made into is domestic cattle. We are numbered from birth, have worth to the owners, we have to pay for our own food, clothing, housing, needs. When in fact we should have this for free. We are the natural inhabitants of this earth.Now with that said, we would not have cable tv, cell phones, etc but think about it. If you just were to live.Grow food, live day to day.No wars, and we would take care of the planet, cultivate, be natural. we would have plenty. It is because we are greedy buggers that we are the way we are. The slave masters made us this way. I am not saying I don't like my computer, obviously I do but our paradigm is all wrong. We have been made this way to think this way to be ....like our pets. Do as we are told and you will be fine. Sit boo boo sit.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
When I saw the Poko man holding what looks like a bag I immediately thought of the Fish Gods from Assyrian culture. There are a number of carvings and images of the fish/man with that particular bag.

I know its possible that its used for spice etc and its certainly held on some reliefs by the fish men looking as though they are collecting something from a bush. However, the South American man looks as though he might be in a pilot or driving seat and I am wondering whether its not a bag at all but some kind of key for driving some kind of machinery. Even the Fish/men went into the sea at night and I very much doubt they merely floated there.

Although totally sceptic about the credibility given to the bible because of its borrowed origens I do feel there are some hints of truth in it. It says (I think) that before the flood the earth was fully populated ..... then the Tower of Babel mentions we all spoke the same language which 'god' maliciously put a stop to by confusing our language into languages. This is particularly fascinating because you would have thought that if people adored God so much and wanted to reach him, he would have been flattered at their efforts. This possibly links back to an earlier point mentioned about Marduk and our minds being wiped.

I do think the Indian past religious books suggest a problematic past with possible nuclear wars. The huge sheets of glass found in several deserts would indicate that this may well have happened. They also show fabulous pictures of structures that piloted people into space and certainly around the world. Taken with a much lower sea level and the possibility of a land mass in the area of the Azores, I don't think we should be shocked at ancient man's accomplishments, just the enforced ignorance still taught to children today at school.

my 1st thought was a pilot. The "helmet" on his head looks that way and I thought the bag may be Oxygen or something, it is not unlike today when we carry extra oxygen when we fly to high altitudes..thinking your way too

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The last picture of the bowl, the text is cuneiform... which is over 5k years old.... Fascinating!!!!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-9-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Why did they collapse/go backwards..

Um, history has the answer. Its very clear actually, they become advanced, become rich, become powerful, then they go corrupt, and THEN God has to send down some kind of catastrophe so they can cease doing chaos on the planet.

History is full of such examples.

And of course when God sends wrath down, so very little remains, the next generations think the previous ones were backwards.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The oceans were more shallow in those times and there were islands exposed back then that are now covered. They could have easily island hopped from the african gold coast to south america to establish a trade route and explore. There are ancient maps of the world that clearly show how the world was and they cold have easily used those maps to go exploring because someone had to draw those maps, they just didnt appear out of thin air.

Those artifacts do not necessarily mean there were sumerians living in south america. It could easily mean they just had a trade route there or explorers went adventuring and traded goods so they could have something to take back home or no one would belive their outlandish tales of people on the otherside of the world. The europeans were the only dumb people that thought the world was flat, many ancient civilizations knew very well it was not.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Why did they collapse/go backwards..

Um, history has the answer. Its very clear actually, they become advanced, become rich, become powerful, then they go corrupt, and THEN God has to send down some kind of catastrophe so they can cease doing chaos on the planet.

History is full of such examples.

And of course when God sends wrath down, so very little remains, the next generations think the previous ones were backwards.

That, or when it is said they spoke the same language, what if they all spoke of the bad god in power? Puts more meaning to spread them out with different languages and beliefs so they may not unite again. The mayans were ripping hearts out and doing sacrifices before quetzalcoatl showed up, if i'm not mistaken. If I remember correctly jesus also showed up for similar things that the jews were doing.

What if the commanding vengeful god in the OT is actually the bad one. Explains to me why we have so many contradictions with this christian god. The loving merciful god...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Not only is there coc aine found in the mummy wrappings which in itself is astounding, but there is also tobacco found in them.

A German forensic scientist busted the Egyptian mummy Ramses II for possession of coc aine. Cocaine, as most people know, grows only in the Andes. How did Ramses II get his dope?

Cortes’s secretary was one of the first to put forward the idea that both Old and New Worlds were remnants of an even older "lost" civilisation. The "Aztlan" of ancient Mexico and the "Atlantis" of ancient Egypt, he argued, were one and the same. With this simple idea the commonalities between buildings, culture and mythologies of the ancient people of Mexico, Peru and Egypt could all be explained as "echoes" of a lost world.

The first tear in the fabric of the dogma came on the 16th of September 1976 when the mummified remains of Ramses II arrived at the Museum of Mankind in Paris. To repair the damage to the mummy, a scientific team was assembled which included Dr. Michelle Lescot of the Natural History Museum (Paris). She received fragments from the bandages and found a plant fragment ensnared within the fibres. When she looked at it under a microscope she was amazed to discover that the plant was tobacco. Fearing that she had made some mistake she repeated her tests again and again with the same result every time: a New World plant had been found on an Old World mummy. The results, little known in North America, caused a sensation in Europe

It is pretty obvious with all the scientific findings today that are becoming more main stream that our history on earth as we know it is a complete and total fabrication.

The only question to this is why the need to keep things hidden from us now!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by Arken

You are, in my opinion, 110% spot on. May I suggest you read "The Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock. These will only re-enforce your views.
S&F

Thakns for this.

I've alredy read that interesting book by Graham Hancock.

But, for this particular NEWS, I suggest you strongly read "The Lost Book of the God Enki" by Zachary Sitchin.

All the clues match!

Yep, your right, one day Sitchin will be revered and it wont come from the "Carbalistic Academia" either.

The Sumarians traveled exstensivly all over the world so this is just dandy news for me.

I can also recommend Dr. Joseph P. Farrell' book "The Cosmic War".

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Absolutely amazing! Were the Sumerians settled in Latin America several thousands years ago?

Your source isn't a good one. The "Pokot" are an African tribe from Kenya and Uganda and the statue isn't their work. In fact, it doesn't look anything like the work they produe.

Seem so, according with the new analysis and translation on the carved text on a statue of Pokot civilization. The monolith is a Pokot anthropomorphic stone statue, about 170 cm high, which was found around 1960 at the site of the Pokot, about 2 km from the city of stone Tiahuanaco.

A bit more searching shows a web of conflicting stories. In one, it was found in 2000 and is the "Potokia monument." A "paper" says it was found in 2002. (see link)

FURTHER search shows that it's not in a museum somewhere (in violation of a number of laws and standards) and that the image shown does NOT look much like the art of the Pokotia people. I don't see a congressman named H. Enrique Enrique Toro.

According to the scholar Clyde A. Winters

He's a self-proclaimed scholar. Some have accused him of buying (or even just making up) that doctorate. I checked out his scholarly credentials, and they all link to an institute that has one member and one director (and no classes)... him.

Many have criticized him for taking an extreme "Afrocentrist" approach, including claiming that a number of Egyptian royals were actually African (some WERE, in fact, Nubian. But he's claiming all the famous ones. Like Cleopatra (who's actually Greek.))

This is the translation inscriptions found in the front, according to epigraphist Clyde A. Winters: "Spread to all mankind the opening oracle of Putaki.

I find it kind of suspicious that he suddenly knows how to translate this, that it's not available for other scholars not of his picking, and it's not been translated by anyone else. And it's very jarringly modern in thought. The part about the "shaman" is really more in alighment with "new Age Shamanism" than any other reality of shamanism.

This proto-sumerian pictograms remind to the Fuente Magna vessel, another cryptic Oopart, discovered in Bolivia ad full of mysterious carvings.

..an object that, if you'll forgive me, has some very suspicious provenance. It was "discovered in a rather casual fashion by a country peasant from the ex-hacienda CHUA, property of the Manjon family." It was originally proclaimed a fraud... then (though there is no actual proof of this) after some unnamed source began investigating (no statement of how or of what they did for proof) it was declared to be "genuine." In any case, it's not in a museum, either.

IF I'm reading the stories correctly, it was a psychic research institute that declared the bowl to be genuine.

Is there an hidden history of the mankind?

Serious question: Is there a hidden history of fraud and payoffs to support a pet theory and get money for books/papers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join