It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor Department Pact For Aliens Raises Legal Questions? Um,yeah,it does..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Labor Department Pact For Aliens Raises Legal Questions;

The U.S. Labor Department’s determination to make sure all workers, including illegal immigrants, are paid legal wages may be a violation of federal law, according to a report at CNSNews.com.

Labor Secretary Hilda Solis signed partnership agreements Monday with a group of Latin American nations that will require the U.S. government to protect the working conditions for both documented and undocumented workers. “No matter how you got here or how long you plan to stay, you have certain rights. You have the right to be safe and in a healthy workplace and the right to a legal wage,” Solis said during the signing ceremony.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Labor Department Pact for Aliens Raises Legal Questions Legal Questions

What do you think? Should non-citizens(Illegals)be protected under our Constitution?

www.newsmax.com...

*fervently hoping I did this right*
edit on 2-9-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: To remove useless content

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
damn i thought you meant real aliens

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rexamus

Sorry..That would be posted in another area.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i think everyone should be protected by our constitution because our constitution is awesome.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Na they should be protected by their miranda rights
untill the court desides what to do with them.

Eta: replace courts with who ever deals with them
edit on 2-9-2011 by jonco6 because: +

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It just seems like our economy is already such a mess that we can't really afford this kind of thing.

There are alot of good American people desperate for work,who have been paying taxes etc. and something like this is rather a slap in the face.

Me? I think that the only people who are entitled to expect American Constitutional Rights protection are Americans. Could I go to another country,illegally and undocumented,and expect to have the same rights and protections as that country's citizens do? Not likely.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
While part of me wants to be compassionate, all this will do is encourage more illegals to come to this country. Just referring to the law, I don't think illegal aliens should have any rights in our country whatsoever. That goes for real aliens as well, unless they have laser weapons and threaten us.

For real though, why should our government encourage this type of thing? Is it not hurting our economy? They don't pay any taxes for one thing. We need to crackdown not only on the illegals, but ANYONE who would employ one to save a buck with no regard for the law.

So let me get this straight. It is illegal for illegal immigrants to come to our country, and to get a job, yet we say "hey mr. illegal alien, you aren't supposed to come here, but if you decide to break the law and do anyway, you will be paid fairly, won't have to pay taxes, and get all of the benefits that a citizen worker would get."

And we expect them to stay out? No way. Our government apparently wants them here, otherwise they would have attempted to crack down on it a long time ago. What I want to know is why? Why do they want them here badly enough to not only turn a blind eye, but encourage it?

It is not our fault their country is terrible and in shambles. Well, actually it partly is, since we have not legalized drugs and are further fueling the carnage that is taking place on both sides of the border. Even still, their economic situation is not our problem imo. It is the same thing that goes on overseas to an extent. The difference is that the government wants to stick their nose in everyone else's business, while ignoring their own. That is part of the reason our country is in the toilet, and illegal immigration isn't helping.

If the government wants to continue their failed war on drugs, you would think it would be logical to stop illegal immigration, since that is how a lot of the drugs get in in the first place. No government could be that stupid, and that is why I think they are allowing it to happen. Like the gunrunner project, they are making money off of this illegal immigration, whether directly or indirectly and it needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Oh great.Another incentive for the illegals to come here.As if there arent enogh unemployed Americans that can use those jobs.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This is sickening. It means Nothing to be an American if you can come here off the banana boat and get the same rights as we have. Mistreat you cruely until we can deport you? No, Promise you the same wages as Real Americans are entitled to Hell NO.

Quick, someone nuke that stupid woman and her corrupt anti American organization.

In fact, try her for Treason! Just get the Rope!
edit on 2-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Good post,and points.

It does need to stop.There are alot of shady dealings that need to be stopped.It feels like we're having our noses rubbed in it with this one,big time. Like you,I can't help but feel compassion toward people who are searching to better their lives. I'm all for it. By the same token,if you have to leave your home country to do so,do it right. Like I said..we'd have to if we went elsewhere or we'd be sent packing. It's infuriating!

I love this country with all my heart. I do not,however,love what's being done to Her.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

That's my reaction to it too.

We hear the rhetoric about border patrol and how to police the unlawful entry into our country,then something like THIS goes thru? Somebody pinch me..I must be having a nightmare.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
From the article..

“The Labor Department’s determination to make U.S. employers treat illegal aliens taking jobs in the United States as if they were U.S citizens or legal immigrants seems to contradict the Immigration and Nationality Act.”

“That act says ‘employers may hire only persons who may legally work in the United States [i.e., citizens and nationals of the U.S.] and aliens authorized to work in the U.S.’ and that the U.S. government ‘protects U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to accept employment in the U.S. from discrimination in hiring or discharge on the basis of national origin and citizenship status,’!

seems like a contradiction to me...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

“No matter how you got here or how long you plan to stay, you have certain rights. You have the right to be safe and in a healthy workplace and the right to a legal wage,” Solis said during the signing ceremony.."

Really? Where did SHE come from,Uranus?

I think she is confusing "Rights" with privilege and entitlement. *insert primal scream*

We have got to stop electing morons!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

You're right Mr. Move,it IS a contradiction..everything about our government is a freaking contradiction anymore.

More I think on it,madder I get.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Let's just look at this bit; "Labor Department Pact For Aliens.."

Pact? As in making a pact with the devil-your soul in exchange for some tantalizing prize?

I'm going to try and get more information on this. If I find it,I'll post it here.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

“It has always been the case under previous Republican as well as Democratic administrations,” Solis answered. “All we’re doing is enforcing the law and we’re allowing for other individual groups and partnerships with other consulate offices to work with us in expanding our reach in information. What we’re trying to avoid is that vulnerable communities be abused and that there be an increase in more underground activity, economic activity that goes untapped, those monies that are being paid to workers.”

Before signing the “partnerships” with Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and El Salvador on Monday, Solis had already signed similar partnerships to with the governments of Mexico, Nicaragua and Guatemala to protect migrant workers in the U.S. from those countries. Solis indicated on Monday that she was also “pursuing accords with governments from South East Asia and others in the Caribbean.” Read more: www.newsbusters.org...

www.newsbusters.org...

"Partnerships"+"Pact"=Undermining the continuity of the American People.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join