It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the ancient egyption keys to the kingdom,my theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i believe the crook and the flail had a dual meaning .as much of ancient egypt used symbolism.i have read about the ancient ark of the Covenant being a giant capacitor and it got me to thinking.what if the egyptions had a strong knowledge of high voltage static electricity.when one looks at the gold crook and flail held by the pharoes in many pictures.the flail looks like a leaf electroscope.a tool used for checking if a surface has a high voltage charge.then if one takes it one more thought the crook would be the high voltage grounding switch.the crook would be placed on a horizontal grounding rod and aloud to pivet down on to a high voltage surface.allowing the charge to dissipate to ground.this would allow the object to be safely touched.both the crook and the flail would be gold or gold plated.what are your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

This is very possible, I applaud your open mind.
The only problem I have with Egyptians being that advanced is there is no evidence besides
the glyphs.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

if you havent watched this youtube series I highly recommend you watch this whole series in order from start to finish. but to answer your question.

youtu.be...

again I highly recommend watching from start to finish.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

The crook and flail have various meanings that we have not uncovered yet. They both have something to do with spirituality or harnessing energy.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
reply to post by GmoS719

youtu.be...

I wont click on links that say youtu.be
that seems a little fishy.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

haha oops

edit on 2-9-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have pondered the idea of electricity in ancient Egypt ever since the supposed light-bulb drawing or carving on a wall. It became readily apparent that that was not what the object depicted actually was, and ever since then I have shied away from the idea altogether.

The main reason I doubt the idea altogether is that there has been nothing found to suggest that the Egyptians used electricity in any way. Surely if it were widespread there would be some physical evidence. Instead, all we have are images that some say depict electrical devices, when it is much more likely they were everyday Egyptian objects.

I believe the most intriguing story I have heard is the one about the electricity flowing from the top of the pyramid. I have meant to look into this idea more, but have yet to do so. It does seem likely that the Ark of the Covenant was some sort of electrical, or more plausibly, radioactive device or substance. But again, there is no physical evidence, and although we can speculate until the end of time, without anything physical we will never get anywhere definitively.

So unfortunately I do not agree with your hypothesis, but I congratulate you for attempting to decipher what you deem mysterious, although sometimes certain things are exactly what they seem to be. I urge you to keep up your search in this direction, possibly even looking into the pyramid idea I mentioned above. So again, good job.
edit on 9/2/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i believe the gold capstone was an antenna that hot dry desert air would blow on creating a charge . a gold wire or gold plated silk ribbon would be the conductor.the light would be a neon style light bulb only filled with hydrogen.the pyramid and sand would be the insulator and the water table would be ground.any doors would be gold plated .the floor near the door would be also but would be grounded.the tools would be accessed using the gold crook and flail

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

The main reason I doubt the idea altogether is that there has been nothing found to suggest that the Egyptians used electricity in any way.

Scholars have found remains of what is known as the Baghdad Battery...Although, they will tell you it was used for early electrostatic plating *I believe that is what its called*

Also, the energy from atop the pyramids has been recreated by many of electrical engineers. Its known as a hydraulic ram pump. I am not an electric engineer.. but my friend does work in the business.. he tried to explain as best as possible. Something along the lines of, the limestone, plus the granite, and the water under the pyramids all together can produce usable energy... Those stones, along with flowing water, plus the great chamber which is thought to be for burning wood could indeed produce a very measurable electric charge.

*A note to remember
The pyramids as we see them are made from limestone, but they were once covered in what I like to call coating blocks. Thin layers of different rocks that would help this process along.

Again, I am not an electric buff, but flowing water is taught in high school level physics that if you split the water from your tap into two steams, and put each end of a led to each steam, it will generate enough electric to make it blink once every few seconds.

Granite is slightly radioactive, and ionizes the air.
Die-a-rite, (not sure on spelling) is another stone found in the temples and that is supposed to have some properties of its own as well, though i am drawling a blank as to what properties.

There is two fantastic Egypt collections I would recommend to the OP. One is called The Pyramid Code. Its a five part series that covers the chronology, science, and astrology (and two more) of the ancient Egyptians.

I am not sure on the name of the other series, I am not at home right now.. and my apartment must've lost power because I cannot remote desktop in.. so my apologies. OP I will PM you with more details if you are interested, and how to get a hold of these two fantastic documentaries.

Another thing to look into OP is what is known as the shist disk, again not sure on the spelling. There is quite a few theories floating around as to its orgions and purpose, but I think the most believable would be that it was used as a frequency generator. Its shape is just unimaginable for those "barbarians" of antiquity. As well as the step pyramid of Shakarrah was thought to be a healing chamber of sorts. Each different pyramid is said to have a purpose, and not the one the scholars teach you. ANY scholar you ask will tell you they are the burial chambers of the kings, yet we've never found a single body??? C'mon now...

*One final word.
This my very first post, and I figured aliens, and conspiracy aside, I would jump into a topic that very much excites me, and hopefully I could share what I have learned with the OP. They are a wonderful series. PM me for bittorrent details if you like (not sure if thats allowed here.. my appologies) or I could even drop it on a ftp. And one last note to the mods, I promise to go read the rules
I was really excited on this Egypt topic so I am sorry in advanced.
*My barbaric attempt to explain this process.. thanks mspaint lol
i55.tinypic.com...
*Random site from google that explains hydraulic ram pumps
sentinelkennels.com...

edit on 2-9-2011 by tbonedude because: Grammer Errors, reworded a few sentences.

edit on 2-9-2011 by tbonedude because: Added link to external source, and a picure

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The video on this site looks legitimate
site

so nothing surprises me anymore about the Egyptians back in the day.

GM
edit on 2-9-2011 by Grey Magic because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
i believe the crook and the flail had a dual meaning .as much of ancient egypt used symbolism.i have read about the ancient ark of the Covenant being a giant capacitor ...both the crook and the flail would be gold or gold plated.what are your thoughts?
My first thought is, don't believe everything you read. The giant capacitor story sounds like a fairy tale to me. For one thing, capacitors don't do the things that people claim the ark did.

You're right the symbols had multiple meanings. However you've provided no evidence to support your idea that either symbol had anything to do with electricity, meaning you haven't even tested it as a hypothesis and it certainly isn't a theory as your thread title suggests, without any evidence.

Flail

The flail is depicted alongside the “crook” as symbols of office for the crowned Egyptian Pharaoh. The flail symbolises the Pharaoh's role as provider of food for his people and the crook symbolises his role as the shepherd of his people. Both crook and flail also serve to link the Pharaoh with Osiris. Depictions of Anubis, the jackal-headed god of the embalming, also include the flail as attribute.
Those are the multiple meanings of the symbols.

To farmers they are hand tools to harvest grain or shepherd a flock, but in the Pharaoh's case his flock was his people so that's the dual meaning. There were additional meanings related to their theology as referenced in the source I quoted.

I can understand perfectly why the Egyptians would show the pharaoh as a provider of food using the flail as a symbol. I can't even imagine what the Egyptians would use an electroscope for, if they even had one.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Really? I have seen evidence that supports the theory of piezoelectricity technology being used as the primary method for cutting the large pyramid stones. By running voltage through quartz or crystal stones, they vibrate and thus allow you to cut very precisely etc.. and they have found markings of such cuts on these stones etc.. Won't bother to go into it too much cause I just really can't be bothered but i'd recommend you look into it more again as it's more than possible that this thread does elude to an important link.

new topics

top topics

join