It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magma Sited near San Andres Fault (Need Confirm)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is all I heard, can't find anything else.

"Any pics from the Magna steam coming out of the San Andres foult in palms springs California? ??
why are not seen it on the new??"

Did some youtube searches and found these,

www.youtube.com...
"This is now the 2nd. spot in Santa Barbara county that is doing this"

Anyone have more info on this?
edit on 1-9-2011 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by derickonfire

I'm around the fault, so I'm hoping that it isn't anything serious.
I've never heard of anything like it, but the video says it happened in 2006 also?
Maybe it's nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sounds interesting.. Who did you hear about this from? Was it from a reliable source? In all fairness the video of the second one is not magma but just steam

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It does not say magma was sighted - only steam/smoke... which apparently has been re-occuring since at least 2006.

Has a study been performed to see what chemicals are present? They say there is no apparent odor of sulfur or anything else.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow I haven't heard of this and I'm 40 minutes away!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This has been going on for years on and off magma plumes from this Hillside...Even though the Long Valley Caldera is relatively close and waking up this particular area has been active as long as I've known..I live in Nor Cal so we hear about it every so often when it starts acting up again..Thanks for the heads up though OP....I'm just waiting for Vesuvius to Erupt again and then I'm heading for higher ground. Edgar Cayce said 3 months after Vesuvius Erupts California will be Mostly Underwater so to anyone reading this, There's your Window of opportunity to save yourself, Watch out for Vesuvius which is waking up as we speak because that's the only warning anyone has gave as to when to evacuate Cali....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Video news report linked to is very interesting. You'd think they'd take samples, like an early post stated, or have geologists investigating - just had to laugh at the sprinklers though -

edit on 9/1/2011 by Open2Truth because: punctuation mishap

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This has a thread already.

Holy smoking hillside batman

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So they have a source of GeoThermal energy right there near Los Angeles and they aren't even tapping into it for power...interesting.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

edit on 1-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: nvm, confused by the op

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The source of that quote in my OP was taken from a facebook comment on one of NASAs photos.

Looks like it might have just been the steam that's been happening for a while.

Good info in this thread though, thanks everyone. Really glad to know about Vesuvius.. it makes sense.

I have a deep pit in my body that tells me it isn't so far fetched that I'll be living near beach front property within my lifetime. I'm in Southern Utah, 2 hours from vegas.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How does Palm Springs come into all of this? The steaming hillside is on the coast south of Monterey, Palm Springs is inland and way south. These 2 locations are not in the same county either. Desert Hot Springs is next to the city of Palm Springs so there is underground activity, but I've not heard of Volcanic activity in PS.

PS (post script not Palm Springs!) I will be in PS on Sunday, so will keep an eye here just in case there's something I need video.
edit on 1-9-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

PSS: JUST FELT AN EARTHQUAKE!
edit on 1-9-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
This has been going on for years on and off magma plumes from this Hillside...Even though the Long Valley Caldera is relatively close and waking up this particular area has been active as long as I've known..I live in Nor Cal so we hear about it every so often when it starts acting up again..Thanks for the heads up though OP....I'm just waiting for Vesuvius to Erupt again and then I'm heading for higher ground. Edgar Cayce said 3 months after Vesuvius Erupts California will be Mostly Underwater so to anyone reading this, There's your Window of opportunity to save yourself, Watch out for Vesuvius which is waking up as we speak because that's the only warning anyone has gave as to when to evacuate Cali....

Ok, I need an answer quickly please. In a discussion IRL.

Vesuvius is in Sicily. Does this mean that all volcanoes are connected somehow? How? I know this is Edgar Casey but it makes sense..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
anyone want too appoligize too DUTCHSINCE,,

step right up,,

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
anyone want too appoligize too DUTCHSINCE,,

step right up,,

A Slew of Radiation Links: "On The Road With Dutchsinse" (Or "An Apology")
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dutch was right. I was an idiot. Sorry Dutch.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

we can all be idiots,,
at least your a man about it .

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I can't help it. I know he is not a scientist but I think he is definately on to something that we are not being told. Paranoid? Well.....I am on ATS. Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Does someone want to explain why there is smoke coming from that hill...?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This guy seems to know what he's talking about. It makes sense. More sense than a sudden volcanic eruption from a sea cliff.

In the past it's burned for 4 months and there's nothing they can do. If you get close you can hear the rocks cracking as they burn.

edit on 9/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
But in that case you would expect the smoke to be black.

Unless we're talking about steam, not smoke. It's hard to tell. In one video it looks like steam, in the 2006 one it looks like smoke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join