It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugger IT! Let's build a Moon Base.....Who's in?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sine.nomine

Great. The basic goal is "safely get to the moon & build a living moon base".

Thankyou for this contribution. As i've said, once we get over the initial excitement phase, and ween out the dreamers from the actual ones with dreams, we'll co-ordinate properly across our nations and get it moving. A truly peoples project, that all of us can experience....thankyou soo much. We'll have a website soon, and we'll be posting it there.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Wow, you read my mind mate!

The first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up was "bugger it! Why are we not building a moonbase, lets do it!" And here we are!

Im a buyer who can source all the components, materials, fuel and labour at the best prices.

All I ask is for a condo with a sea of tranquility view.

Im in

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Awesome thanks EvanB. Welcome aboard. You can be one of the many logi's no doubt that's going to be needed for this project.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tawewe

I'm working on it now, we need most of Crater Copernicus. I have a lunar landscape consultant happy to plan parks and gardens

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tawewe

Do you need a President?

I am volunteering for the job.

If a Kingship or an Emperor is required I will be happy to oblige.
Much experience as an exulted ruler.
References have unfortunately "not lived to tell about it" but we can make new references when I am in office.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Some helpful links.

They already have markets in Japan where the vegetables are growing hydroponically and you literally pick them while you shop. They are grown without natural light and or soil. eater.com...

You should have geodesic dome homes. Terrariums of clear climate controlled environments. Don't they have that oceanic environment people live in for years at a time, that project should reveal much vital information for an endeavor like this.

Water will be a challenge. We can't ship it. Too heavy.

www.cultureunplugged.com...

Synopsis: In this episode of "Water - The Drop of Life", we focus on the never-ending search for water. From the hunter bushmen in the Kalahari Desert to the inhabitants of Mexico City, this installment examines water scarcity problems. In Chile, nets capture fog. In Petra, Jordan, we see ancient water systems. In Australia, a cattle breeder gains knowledge from the Aborigines. In Yemen, groundwater tables are sinking and this country might be the first to run dry. Cities like Los Angeles are facing some of the same challenges as Yemen. In Egypt an effort is under way to transform the desert into a fruitful oasis using a new technology called DriWater. At the Johnson Space Flight Center in Texas, new technologies may one day help preserve water both in space and on Earth. Reverse osmosis is one promising method of reducing the cost of desalination. Farmers along the coasts of Europe and North America may one day farm native sea vegetables.

edit on 1-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tawewe

I'd be in if I didn't have to pay taxes. I would put money up for it, and SS, aka retirement.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tawewe

You can live here for free too because last I knew nobody owns it.

You'll be under similar adversity but think of what you'll save on airfare.

I love this place and envision myself moving there.
One of these days, I'll get ma to leave Florida.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm in. You guys need a psychologist and spiritualist, right? I can make sure everyone's happy

Plus, I'm pretty good with a bowstaff. I've heard they're very good against moon aliens.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'll chip in! I wonder if you can get high on Helium 3!?? It would be worth trying out I think at least once if so!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think you may have overlooked something, so I will volunteer for it. We will need a Liazon Officer to meet with any other beings up on the surface so we can stake a claim. Otherwise they may take offense to us just showing up on their turf, (according to stories that have been told, the astronauts of Apollo were told to get off and stay off) fought for in wars millions of years ago, and just start buildiing, drilling, building space ports letting all types of earthnuts in. You know how they would say, "Well, there goes the neighborhood!". So, we need a Diplomatic Corp to back up the Liazon Officer. I can be the go between early on until the Diplomatic Corp and their...whatever, are on friendly enough terms to go it on their own. Then I can look for a new job! I really want to fly something!

edit on 1/9/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I like to see some commercial company send a buggy with onboard cameras to the moon and they could turn it into a fairground attraction ride using virtual reality. Obviously it would have to be fitted with a kill switch, just in case you bump into ET.
That would be cool though, driving about and exploring the moons surface at your local theme park.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by trilogy111

Fine with me. The size and what's needed is all you.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The role of moon president you can have - just don't blame me if someone tries to assassin you for liking black alien people
We can find another exulted ruler over the dominon of the Milky Way too, you'll be too busy decieving the people with tax cuts, free healthcare and oh yes, the war against the aliens because it was sanctioned by the United federation of Moon Presidents

Welcome to the team!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thankyou for the link. Yes a system like this is exactly what might be needed. I'm more into the hands on research approach - we need to just do it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

We'll have a website soon where you can contribute a donation towards the project or; You got any buddies with a second hand space shuttle??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Yusss
Every Moon base needs a Jake Scully AVATAR. You're in. In the meantime, do you know much about space flight vehicles??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tawewe

Well isn't someone on a little reply kick here? Anyways. I wouldn't mind a link.

I'd be interested to see what an actual donations only project like this could produce.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mimefromhell

Yup, there's another member here who says he can get H3. Remember this project is relying purely on our global network. Basically, we're looking to do this for FREE. Hopefully he can get some of it - moreover, you can try it out and then tell us all what it's like. Do you know how to apply H3 as a fuel to launch a space flight vehicle?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

yup, no worries. Once the websites down, i'll post it. Thanks heaps. What can you do to help?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join