It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I dare vote in 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I dont know if im in the right place for this but im putting my self iin as a little rant Yes I am an Republican and like most Americans i did vote for Obama which i still regret doing. Now I feel like why even vote they keep putting in the same people I dont like and they have no connections to me. I'll throw a few names out Ron Paul Rick Perry Michele Bachman she hasnt even announced yet SARA PALIN which is a HELL NOOO excuse my language for that. Reason i didnt say Romney he's the exact twin of Barack Obama. Now why hasnt any Dems put their hats in the race? A one man Candidate what happened to all the Dems in the last election? Wouldnt they want to just love to start blasting Obama? Why should i vote they really dont care about me I am going to run down to the dmv and register as a Independent the next time i can do it. I dont want to be affiliated with a Political party anymore i dont see any benefit from it all they want is more money from me which they already get from my paycheck. So what should i do people not vote? Is that UnAmerican of me or is it American of me not to? Anyway looking forward to your responses yall are awesome ATS! Like i said if im in the wrong area mods please move me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Vote against Obama, you owe it to the world since you voted for him in 08.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
if ron paul doesn't get the rep nomination i guess ill be voting for obama.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

You think any Republican, besides Ron Paul, would be better than Obama?
Man, you fell for the system hook line and sinker.
Democrat, republican, it's the same party...the corporate party.

The best option is not to vote, IMO.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Generally, an incumbent president will have no challengers from his party.

I always vote in the presidential elections. But I don't always vote for either the democrat or republican candidate.
They all stink to me.

I voted for Cynthia McKinney last time. Not because I thought she would be a good president or elected, but because it was a vote agaisnst the usual suspects.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican nomination I'll either not vote or vote independent.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yes...just write in for Cthulhu.

Because, let's be honest, why vote for the lesser of the evils.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by BrianC

You think any Republican, besides Ron Paul, would be better than Obama?
Man, you fell for the system hook line and sinker.
Democrat, republican, it's the same party...the corporate party.

The best option is not to vote, IMO.

I almost agree with you, except the last part...Voting independent would be better than not voting...Fight the party system.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Seriously? They are so different its like Cake vs Pie... lol. If RP doesn't get it, against my better judgment i would prolly go with the former IRS enforcer/attack dog Bachmann, but I hope to god it doesn't come to that. Ron Paul is our only hope for this election, because every other candidate has interests other than the American people in their agendas. Obama loves the UN and Agenda 21 is a very real thing in the works. Basically UN troops could be in our country before we know it, doing all sorts of things, particularly enforcing green laws. They will have the help of the US Military and police. Establishment RINO Repubs are just as bad, and really both sides are bought out by big banking and oil, and alot of other industries like pharma, agricultural, broadcasting. Obama is shutting down clean coal plants and refineries while letting GE make new refineries, talk about favoritism. These guys operate out in the open and I hate myself for not seeing the big picture before. I pray Ron Paul will get the support he deserves, and I would be my life the evil founders of our country would support him too.

Funny, there are videos of FEMA Officials training police officers that our founders were terrorists, during national emergency and national security protocol training. It doesn't get any more black and white than that. Even though they should've approached the Native Americans totally differently and not resorted to violence, we were much more primitive and imperialistic back then as a world, and it occurred everywhere, not just in the founding of the USA (spain invading mexico and killing mayans and incans). Do the research, I beg of you, Obama getting reelected would be like us having 12 years of Bush instead of 8. I'm surprised he kept the unemployment to 5.6% before leaving office, but he set the bar for it to tank soon after by bailing out failure of big banking's speculative and outright fraudulent practices.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

You're probably right. I didn't really think of the independent option...problem with that is there's not a chance in heck they would get elected.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I agree there isn't any chance an independent would get elected in the upcoming election....but if enough people vote that way maybe eventually one would

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
if ron paul doesn't get the rep nomination i guess ill be voting for obama.

Wow! With that statement I truly get the meaning of the saying "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face."

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Your vote won't count as long as we use the Electronic Ballot System...

Thx for the thread!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
id rather have another 4 of obama that 4 from perry or bachman thats for damn sure. voting for independent is a waste of votes that can be used against the pitiful gop.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
If Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican nomination I'll either not vote or vote independent.

If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, look for him to run as an independent. Which, in my opinion could be his best chance... for all the people disillusioned by the 2-party scheme, as well as anti-war democrats who could never bring themselves to vote republican

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Hi ajniss.

My opinion is that if there IS someone worth voting for, who honestly represents your views and the vision you have of this country (or would others sincerely address your primary concerns as far as you can tell, and not do evil otherwise), then it is your obligation to support them as you can and aid their assumption of office. If you do not, then you have only yourself to blame otherwise.

If you honestly feel that there is NOT someone worth voting for, and are only left with the option of voting AGAINST someone in effect, then abstain. Supporting the lesser of two evils still lends your support to evil, and makes you complicit in its works.

This is why I voted for Ron Paul in the Oklahoma primary last time and abstained from the general election, and will do so again. Ron Paul is my voice in these races, even though he may not be perfect - no man is - but he's sincere and consistent in his beliefs and they align with what he and I both see as the founding vision of this nation that was once so great, warts and all - it's up to us to make our state what we would like it to be otherwise.

Be blessed.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Perhaps you should also consider the meaning of the saying "The devil that you know is better than the devil that you don't know".

It's easy to not like Obama and what he's done...it's not so easy to know some others may not swing the pendulum back so hard that we end up possibly worse off, somewhat akin to when you swerve to avoid a deer and end up overcorrecting yourself right off the road.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've heard PARRY is a Trojan Horse, like Obama. that PARRY is essentially an undercover liberal, while Obama was an undercover Conservative...

So I suppose you could vote for PARRY...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I've heard PARRY is a Trojan Horse, like Obama. that PARRY is essentially an undercover liberal, while Obama was an undercover Conservative...

So I suppose you could vote for PARRY...

I think your signature sums it up best...

IT DOESN'T MATTER

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
I dont know if im in the right place for this but im putting my self iin as a little rant Yes I am an Republican and like most Americans i did vote for Obama which i still regret doing. Now I feel like why even vote they keep putting in the same people I dont like and they have no connections to me. I'll throw a few names out Ron Paul Rick Perry Michele Bachman she hasnt even announced yet SARA PALIN which is a HELL NOOO excuse my language for that. Reason i didnt say Romney he's the exact twin of Barack Obama. Now why hasnt any Dems put their hats in the race? A one man Candidate what happened to all the Dems in the last election? Wouldnt they want to just love to start blasting Obama? Why should i vote they really dont care about me I am going to run down to the dmv and register as a Independent the next time i can do it. I dont want to be affiliated with a Political party anymore i dont see any benefit from it all they want is more money from me which they already get from my paycheck. So what should i do people not vote? Is that UnAmerican of me or is it American of me not to? Anyway looking forward to your responses yall are awesome ATS! Like i said if im in the wrong area mods please move me.

must be a first time voter, when you have a member in office and there is potential for 4 more years they dont have competition. you will not see dems unless the DNC decides obama is a sham and cant win. I have never heard of this in history. Might be wrong on that but not in my time thats for sure.

regardless of if somebody "connects" or not, stop voting on actors ability to lie to you. obama was and is a moronic actor that has no experience, but he "connected" with the young voters and minorities (obvious and no thats not racial thats political based on social programming so dont start libs). you need to look at the BIG picture items, housing, jobs, value of financial pyramid (big base on that now) DEFICIT and vote based on INTELLIGENT debates towards people who will FIX this problem. I dont care if they are as fat as christie and die of a heart attack 2 years into the office, as long as they FIX the problems or move in that direction.

stop the damn popularity voting, its an idiots way to lose a country, and we got a whole lot of idiots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join