It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Powell Chief of Staff: Cheney "Fears Being Tried as a War Criminal"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
He really needs to be afraid. There are those of us, many more than is suspected, who want Cheney to be extradited to the Hague to be put on trial for war crimes. He doesn't even have the argument "he was following orders" as a defense. The man is a Goebbels, or Goering and should be hanged as treasonous, capitalist mass murderer and his reputation in history be forever tied to criminality and skullduggery.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Lets see....your down there in Mexico....a land of justice an a lamp of human rights in a darkened world...you could use a guy like Cheney down there right now.

If anyone needs to go on trial it is the corrupt and cowardly mexican officals that like gangsters turn their head and count their drug money while hell has be let lose on the citizens. Watch and see we may have to come down their and clean up that mess someday...and you certainly wont like the kind of men that wil have to go in there and do it. So really how many threads have you opened about the crooks that run your country?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
He should indeed fear being tried as a war criminal but I doubt that he lives long enough for the rest of us to realize that dream. Just look at him, it's as if he's a dead man talking right now.

Personally, I'd like to see a special court set up just to handle these particular war crimes charges against not only Dick Cheney, but also G.W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz as well. But here's the eye opener, I'd set up the court in Iraq and let the chips fall where they may. Hell, I might even invest a little money in Iraqi gallows rope stocks.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I completely agree...

I mean HONESTLY guys...Cheney is a good guy and the people he serves are good men too!

Whats with all this questioning stuff? ITS RIDICULOUS! Sit back down people...nothing to see here...

/end extreme sarcasm

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Lets see....your down there in Mexico....a land of justice an a lamp of human rights in a darkened world...you could use a guy like Cheney down there right now.

If anyone needs to go on trial it is the corrupt and cowardly mexican officals that like gangsters turn their head and count their drug money while hell has be let lose on the citizens. Watch and see we may have to come down their and clean up that mess someday...and you certainly wont like the kind of men that wil have to go in there and do it. So really how many threads have you opened about the crooks that run your country?

Typical right wing response, "I know I did bad but look what you did." Please! Is that the best you people can do?

I guess I really shouldn't expect anything less from someone who quotes Rush Limbaugh in their signature, but what in the hell does crime in Mexico have to do with the fact that the Bush administration committed crimes against humanity?

Am I correct in assuming that according to your ideology, we Americans should never complain about anything until we eliminate crime here? Good luck with that one.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

My country? First off, I am an American living in Mexico, retired DoD. Secondly, do you have any idea WHO is running drugs down here? Who is organizing and calling the shots? Read up. Get a clue.

Insider: CIA Orchestrated Operation Fast and Furious
www.borderlandbeat.com...

According to court transcripts, Niebla was allowed to import “multi-ton quantities of coc aine” into the U.S. as a result of his working relationship with the FBI, Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of Justice and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

As we reported years ago, former DEA agent Cele Castillo has blown the whistle on how the US government controls the Los Zetas drug smuggling gang and uses it as the front group for their narco-empire.

With the gang having first been trained at the infamous School of the Americas in Fort Benning, Georgia, Castillo affirms that Los Zetas are still working for the US government in protecting drug routes to keep the wheels of Wall Street well-oiled. Castillo has gone on the record to state that the commandos are working directly for the US government drug cartel in carrying out hits on rival drug smugglers who aren’t paying their cut.

Thanks for playing, and thanks for being a good little American sheeple. We count on your blinders to keep you pliable enough to do our bidding. Invasion of Mexico you want? That has been an American wet dream since landing on Plymouth Rock. The US tactic of creating a problem and presenting themselves as the SOLUTION to the problem is well underway. You can pat your own back.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Might as well throw the majority of Americans up for treason too since most agreed and gave them the support to do whatever they wanted.

Uhhh no, they did what they wanted to do with no regards of how the American people felt on the issue.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think he knows what's coming.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-8-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Exactly....Cheney and the rest belong to the (good ole boys club) and they take care of their own. Perhaps their own guilt may out them in the end...but....after they die....the true judgement begins.

I am thinking too that Cheney may be afraid someone will try to assassinate him.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Far as im concerned the american people are fools for trusting politicians period. You would think after 200 years of screwing the pooch we would have learned by now and torn this govenment apart and rebuilt from the ground up. News flash, politicians lie to get in office and then they go from doing what they promised to welching on their deals. Trust them at your own peril. From my point of view, the american people are powerless because we have become sheep that lay in the pasture and bleat all day and do nothing else. In the end none of this matters, were in the Time of Sorrows, the beginnings of the birth pains of the Tribulation. Jesus returns shortly, and he is pissed.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
saw him on the tube the day of the book release- they better get him soon if there is going to be prosecution, he's got one foot in the grave. dude could barely breathe just sitting in a chair.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
**GoF*CK yourself Cheney!**

Remember that Video???

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Thats Rush the Rock band. Enough said.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Thanks for playing, and thanks for being a good little American sheeple. We count on your blinders to keep you pliable enough to do our bidding. Invasion of Mexico you want? That has been an American wet dream since landing on Plymouth Rock. The US tactic of creating a problem and presenting themselves as the SOLUTION to the problem is well underway. You can pat your own back.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Creating a problem.....themselves the solution.....sounds like a lefty to me. Yea I wear blinders....and hip boots around here. Hay but you lefty wingers were trolling so i thought I would give it a hit. News flash....lefty makes stuff up and lie to people.....starts a big flap and the presents itself as on answer.

Sheik Mohammad should be taken to the next highest building in the US and tossed over the roof.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If Obama would have been genuine, it would have been the first order of the day, arrest the war criminals... well the second... the first one would have been to bring back the troops immediately.

I say those are second and third. The FIRST thing He would have done was eliminate the "Patriot" Act.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We have a history of warcrimes from our inception.

George Washington amassed more troops to go after and kill Americans, than he ever did to fight the British.

Nobody will ever be tried for War Crimes.

Bill Clinton's got some dirt on his hands as well. 20,000 troops to topple Haiti and put the Aparteid Dictator in charge....France was good to Haiti and had them all farming, they all had jobs...Haiti was booming...then rolls in Bill Clinton with the US Army and puts the dictator in charge. Next thing you know Arkansas Farmers with their Federally subsidized crops were dropping them in Haiti cheaper than the Haitians could even grow it.

Ended Haiti's farms...jobs...economy. And Bill Clinton sucked all the wealth out of Haiti and decimated them. Long before the Earthquake did.

My what an evil thing that was to do.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Darth Cheney VS Princess Condi-Leia. 2012: a new hope. (YouTube)

Reuters: Exclusive: Condoleezza Rice fires back at Cheney memoir

(Reuters) - Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday she resented what she viewed as an attack on her integrity by former Vice President Dick Cheney in his just-published memoir.

Speaking in an interview with Reuters, Rice rejected Cheney's contention that she misled President George W. Bush about nuclear diplomacy with North Korea.

"I kept the president fully and completely informed about every in and out of the negotiations with the North Koreans," Rice said in her first public comments on the matter.

"You can talk about policy differences without suggesting that your colleague somehow misled the president. You know, I don't appreciate the attack on my integrity that that implies."

Rice, in a telephone interview, also disputed a passage in Cheney's memoir, "In My Time," in which he says the secretary of state "tearfully admitted" that the Bush administration should not have apologized for a claim in Bush's 2003 State of the Union address on Iraq's supposed search for uranium for nuclear arms.

Cheney, who opposed a public apology for the unfounded claim, wrote that Rice "came into my office, sat down in the chair next to my desk, and tearfully admitted I had been right."

"It certainly doesn't sound like me, now, does it?" Rice said in the interview. "I would never -- I don't remember coming to the vice president tearfully about anything in the entire eight years that I knew him."

"I did say to him that he had been right about the press reaction" to the administration's acknowledgment that the remarks about Iraq seeking uranium in Africa should not have been in Bush's speech, Rice said.

"And so I did say to the vice president, 'you know, you were right about the press reaction.' But I am quite certain that I didn't do it tearfully," she said.

Rice is the latest former senior Bush aide to fire back at Cheney's memoir and its characterization of the vice president's bureaucratic rivals.

Rice's predecessor, former secretary of state Colin Powell, on Sunday said Cheney's book levels "cheap shots" at colleagues and mischaracterizes events.

Rice said she believes her last contact with Cheney was at the groundbreaking ceremony for Bush's presidential library.

Asked if Cheney were trying to settle scores, Rice said, "I am not going to question the vice president's motives, because he is somebody with whom I had a good relationship and for whom I had, and still have, a great deal of respect."

"But I have to say that some of the things that he said about his colleagues are not in keeping with the high respect that I have always had for him," she added. "I think they do fall into the category of cheap shots."

Rice played down speculation that she might be asked to serve as a Republican vice presidential candidate in 2012. "I am not cut out for such things," she said.

When a reporter pointed out that this was not an absolute, Shermanesque denial, she laughed and replied: "No, no no. I am a happy university professor... We'll all find great candidates. I won't be one of them."

"Condoleezza Rice for President in 2012. Join this group of supporters from everywhere on the world wide web."

Rice for President Yahoo Group
groups.yahoo.com...
edit on 2-9-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: Changing the size of some of the images to fit the width available

<< 1  2   >>

join