It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(lol) Found a cat, now what? Do's and Don'ts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If you find a cat roaming in the street, do not pick up the cat and throw him in a dumpster as we see this lady doing here.
This is because you don't know when that cat ate last or when someone will open that dumpster next. The cat could easily suffocate and die in that trash bin or get taken to the dump where he will not find his way home. The cat might even get crushed in a compactor and well like cats or not, I don't think anyone wants that.

No. No. Unless you are really among the worst kind of inhumane creature you do not want to do that to any animal. After all we are smarter than they are. We have the bigger brains and control over ourselves where as they are just dumb animals who do not know any better and need us humans to help them.

The far better thing to do is what we see this good citizen here doing instead...
You want to pick the kitten up very carefully and then bring the kitten inside so your mom or another adult can call around and see if anyone owns it. This is by far the most humane thing to do. Even this little boy here, dressed up in his cute little Zorro Halloween Costume knows that ....notice how he carefully cradles the neck and also holds the little ones hind quarter so the kitten doesn't suffer a strain and this little scout can't be more than 5 or 6 years old.

By the way...Has anyone seen my eye glasses?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hey, you don't know what was really going on in those pictures. Maybe the cat was broken and it was out of warranty.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

with the end of the world coming you may also want to hold on to the lost cat and feed it well, it could feed you and a friend for at least 2 days

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One day you may be the cat,
wandering, hoping,
and somebody's mercy will decide your fate.
I always show kindness unto any creature that I meet.
Who knows, they may be a god

in disguise.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Stray cat's are the worst, I wish that people that had "outside cats" would take more responsibility for their behavior. If I let my pittbulls roam around freely I would be in violation of several laws, but grandma can let her cat's roam the city and it's no big deal? But when said cats wander into my back yard and my dogs rip them to shreds, she than want's to take me to court to pay for the loss of her "kitties".

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen

with the end of the world coming you may also want to hold on to the lost cat and feed it well, it could feed you and a friend for at least 2 days

...and a friend! That's funny. You have never seen me eat, my friend.

If it came to that, perhaps you might though.

See me eat my friend, I mean.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Stray cat's are the worst, I wish that people that had "outside cats" would take more responsibility for their behavior. If I let my pittbulls roam around freely I would be in violation of several laws, but grandma can let her cat's roam the city and it's no big deal? But when said cats wander into my back yard and my dogs rip them to shreds, she than want's to take me to court to pay for the loss of her "kitties".

We never really had a stray cat problem until neighbors got rid of that half wolf thing. Now it's Kitty City. Miserable and cruel but more merciful than life on the streets or with ...some ...ahem.. and I use this term loosely... humans.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think he just got caught stealing the cat....he looks like a cat burglar to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
I think he just got caught stealing the cat....he looks like a cat burglar to me.

By jove you're right. I only assume little Zorro is coming in with it. He might be backing up.
But considering he is standing and racoons will cradle duck and run...I still think he is coming in.

edit: I can't deny he looks every inch the burglar!
edit on 30-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Your pitbulls' are only worth something to you because they are under your control. cats are so independent of humans that they provoke extreme reactions especially from people who like to feel in 'control' of animals. It is a true reflection of a person that they see in the animal that they identify with.

I believe that you are what you project.

That is your level.
Compassion or power, your desire is all you are.
That is your true self.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Make sure you give your cat a bath...they love that kind of attention....

and after the bath, hold them down and give them a good blow dry with your hair dryer..they love the warmth

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Make sure you give your cat a bath...they love that kind of attention....

and after the bath, hold them down and give them a good blow dry with your hair dryer..they love the warmth

You sound like a plant person!
Baby steps...if you can get that to survive a year or two then maybe move on to fish.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Nope,
I was raised around all kinds of animals my whole life....
just turn a blow dryer on around a cat and watch him go bonzo!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77

You're safe from Grannie's lawsuit cause the cat came in your yard so never fear.
Cats are allowed to roam freely because they don't run around attacking people-That's why you would be in violation of law. When is the last time there was a news story about a cat getting loose and killing someone? At least be realistic when you snivel about the unfairness of it all

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Nope,
I was raised around all kinds of animals my whole life....
just turn a blow dryer on around a cat and watch him go bonzo!!

I am only kidding you bro. Liked you as soon as your theoretical cat emerged from it's theoretical tub.
But cats and blow dryers don't mix. Bonzo is not how I like my cats - but hey, to each his own.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
LOL great still frames...... But I watched that video earlier and it is actually disturbing:

I don't know how to put the video on here yet but if you put shaolinmountainbike into youtube and the psycopath's link, it will show this.

Back on topic... usually when I find a kitten, I leave it outside but give it food, water, and lotsa love! They hang around for a time but I have no mice when I do this

AND..... love the raccoon pic by the way........ and no, I think I stepped on your glasses earlier

(sorry, couldn't resist)
edit on 30-8-2011 by freespirit1 because: add a line

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
LOL great still frames...... But I watched that video earlier and it is actually disturbing:

I don't know how to put the video on here yet but if you put shaolinmountainbike into youtube and the psycopath's link, it will show this.

Back on topic... usually when I find a kitten, I leave it outside but give it food, water, and lotsa love! They hang around for a time but I have no mice when I do this

AND..... love the raccoon pic by the way........ and no, I think I stepped on your glasses earlier

(sorry, couldn't resist)
edit on 30-8-2011 by freespirit1 because: add a line

I can't get over the raccoon picture and hard to think it is real but it is. Raccoons are pretty smart. A friend of mine has a half dozen of them as pets here in FL.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
“Cat Bathing as a Martial Art"

www.tlcpoodles.com...

www.youtube.com...

And you will know your cat is happy after his bath.
www.city-data.com...
www.strangezoo.com...
smilepanic.com...

new topics

top topics

join