It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Integrity.................

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Do you think you have integrity? or are a hypocrite, or are somewhere in between?

(i.e. if you email someone and say what a good person "Mable" is and she can always be trusted, but then turn around and email Mable and chew her out for a 'wrong she has done you'....)

Does either person have integrity here?

Can you still have integrity, or is that too difficult to come by?

I would like some examples please, to help me understand.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Maybe this will help.Acceptance and denial lie at polar opposites on the reaction to reality rainbow.If you see that in reality,you have made a mistake,integrity is ADMITTING it.If someone tries to wriggle out of responsibility when they know they are wrong,they have no integrity.It is a piece of cake to point out fault in others,it takes integrity to figure your own flaws and problems on your own,and courage to change these things for the better.Integrity is having a moral code that you stick to in the face of every temptation ,even if this makes you appear foolish to those around you.There IS such a thing as right and wrong,but not everyone sees this the same.Integrity is knowing when a seemingly odd belief of someone else is harmless to you and yours,and letting it slide by.Acceptance of certain truths as bigger than you is also part of integrity.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You seem very hurt.
we all die alone.
You will take your final breath on your own.
Be yourself.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
integrity is something that gets more rare every day.
if you want to know more about integrity then i'll just suggest reading the tao-te-ching, there's something in there called "the great integrity" that you might find interesting.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

hmmm..interesting question.

I think that humans sometimes change their opinions on how they view something. ..or depending what situation , or mood they are in, will react differently and view things differently than what they have previously implied.

I know for a fact that my mood dictates a lot of how outside things influence me. I have said things I wish I hadn't ? many times in life ....been a hypocrite? ..sure .. changed my opinion and views as I gained more experience and knowledge ?.. most definitely..

Do I have integrity? Most likely not as much , as I wish I did have. .. but that being said I know I'm a decent human being....who isn't perfect , but is working on becoming the best person I can be...

I also need to add here that from my observation humans are fairly weak characters when it comes to egos , and need gratification from others.. in their weaknesses they compromise their integrity,and lose sense of who they really are.

edit on 30-8-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
Do you think you have integrity? or are a hypocrite, or are somewhere in between?

(i.e. if you email someone and say what a good person "Mable" is and she can always be trusted, but then turn around and email Mable and chew her out for a 'wrong she has done you'....)

Does either person have integrity here?

Can you still have integrity, or is that too difficult to come by?

I would like some examples please, to help me understand.

Thank you

I am a hypocrite sometimes. I have integrity on occasion. The whole in-between needs not be talked about.

Integrity and faithfulness to your friends require extraordinary will power. Some times we just need to vent. We also hope that it doesn't get back to the person. We essentially pass our integrity into the hands of others because it is easier for them to hold that knowledge and not talk. Everyone needs to vent sometimes.

Integrity is either the biggest investment in your life (which is harmful because you internalize everything), or you haven't been caught yet. we all have slips and problems at some point. It hurts our integrity to some point, but you need to look at the overall picture. How do we act when it is actually a serious situation? I think those actions are the best judge of character and integrity, not he-said she-said venting.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

We are all hippocrates.

I once was asked by a preacher why i don't go to church.
I answered because it is full of hippocrates (excuse my spelling)
He answered....good,you will fit right in.

I could not disagree no matter how hard i wished i could and wanted to.

When it comes to relationships...I don't have a clue.
I stay out of them.

If you try to find the logic in human behavior...you will drive yourself nuts trying to explain it to yourself.

Edit to add....I have never been caught off guard by a preacher...this one caught me good and made me think about it.

edit on 30-8-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I try and be as honest as possible, with everyone. I wear my heart on my sleeve but yet I can also be pretty cold at times, is that integral ?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

integrity is a powerful system.One of the original's i think.i have been compromised.but i still stand.always listen to the cricket.but keep him hidden.his sweet voice angers the grasshoppers.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I am the same way dude.
The funny thing about my post was i was posting about integrity just today on a thread.

Its easier to admit we all have flaws.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
To everyone, so far,

ALL good posts with variations on the topic, but understandable

At least I know there re some in-between-ers.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

This is a great post, because I myself at this time, many times before, and acknowledgable of other's many times, know that a relationship is broken often because of integrity issues. A persons mind may have the notion to not answer your texts, not call you back or whatever. The person on the opposite end if willing picks up the calls, leaves messages, and is always there. It is more or less a 1 sided relationship and a person with integrity has to shut it off. There is no more dreaming of what it could be, when you know it could be so amazing right? It is because you can change someone's mind but it takes months of dedication. I'm not a game player, definetly not for months, but I may have to be unless I find a someone traditional.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think we all strive for basic integrity. We want people to be confident that our word is valid and can be trusted.

However, there are always occasions that necessitate being less than truthful.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
That's a bit of a weird question to ask on an anonymous internet forum. Not to mention that someone with no integrity would probably just lie and say yes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec
That's a bit of a weird question to ask on an anonymous internet forum. Not to mention that someone with no integrity would probably just lie and say yes.

To "lie and say yes" can be discovered amongst people who know each other.

For instance, I stopped smoking and told one sister, but asked her just keep it quiet, for now anyway, because our brother's wife is having an awful time quitting, and before she sees her new grandchild, she has been told by her own daughter, to shower, wash her hair and wear smoke free clothing.

SIL is still trying to quit, and after 9 months for me I sent my brother a birthday letter and told him that I had quit. (Now the onus is off my sister if one of the two tells my SIL or other 2 sisters.) He hadn't known. (My sister has Integrity for not passing the news along. If she had, then I would have considered that Betrayal of my wishes, and Hurtful for my SIL.) He then wrote me a month later and asked how long now and I said 10 months (after 54 years of smoking).

So if my SIL hears the news from her husband, it does not mean HE does not have Integrity. I never asked him to keep it quiet and figured he would tell his wife if he thought it could help her----knowing that I, the lost cause---did it!

EDIT: Now that first-mentioned sister, with Integrity HERE, loves to tell things. That's why I asked her to not. She might not have Integrity is other areas, so when I think of that, just her, I expect there are people on 'both sides of the scale."
edit on 29-9-2011 by canadiansenior70 because: tp post EDIT

top topics

join