It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks 'insurance' file decrypted: Names of informants exposed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Wikileaks 'insurance' file decrypted: Names of informants exposed

www.zdnet.com

"According to Der Spiegel, a series of conflicts between founder Julian Assange and former spokesperson Daniel Domscheit-Berg, led to the release of the password that protected the ‘insurance file’ Wikileaks had circulated earlier this year."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow! I don't see any other stories for this yet. It says that the names of informants was exposed as well.

Domscheit-Berg - Personally I don't trust him at all. Others may feel differently - but it is looking like he wants to destroy wikileaks whoever he can to me. Wonder if he was an inside plant from the get-go?

In any event, DHS is trying to get Assange, and this could be bad news for him.

I don't usually like to submit stuff or start threads. I hope I'm doing it right. I didn't see this anywhere.

www.zdnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
it's been quite around wikileaks lately, at least on ATS.

i think wikileaks is on a downfall and unable to recover.

some one here have the file, i'm sure.

i hope we finally get to view what's inside

edit on 29-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah - does seem that way to me too - but I have also wondered - summer is over...if Wikileaks was a black op, perhaps this was the plan all along. An exit stage left.
What remains to be seen is what happens to Julian.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nothing good will come of this. Nothing. Some people may get killed, and if they do it gives our dear leaders the impetus to crack down HARD on net freedoms. I am pretty worried about this one, and wonder if Asange actually did this on 'accident'.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A few weeks ago its was reported that Daniel Domscheit-Berg had deleted 3,500 unpublished Wikileaks files and now this. Im starting to think Daniel Domscheit-Berg is working for 'the other side' now.

edit on 29-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

link   
Hey,

They are saying that this is misreported and that in fact it has not been decrypted

Wikileaks Twitter
edit on 29-8-2011 by george_gaz because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Some people may get killed, and if they do it gives our dear leaders the impetus to crack down HARD on net freedoms.

if this ever happens i'm going to call scotty to come beam me up

i need my daily ATS 'hit'

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Okay.

So what is the password?

Where can I find it?

-E2

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Yeah, I just saw that as an update at the bottom - they say there IS an issue, but it is not this issue.

BUT - they definitely have just dumped cables all of a sudden.
As usual with wikileaks, devoted to truth, you never really know what the truth is.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
LOL! The "password" was released.

It won't be a password, it will be the decryption key and if anyone was going to crack this file it would be the NSA. I cry bullsh*t!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wonder if the issue is that the password is LOST?
If DB took the harddrive, I think it was destroyed, wasn't it?
What if that was a generated password with no other copy?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Generally speaking, open-source intel networks are a bad idea for this very reason. Too many people have the keys and there is a lack of structure and cohesion.

The game of espionage is an expensive one and you have to be able to protect your sources. If I've seen something so horribly wrong as to be a 'whistle blower' - there's likely a lot of money, lives, etc at stake. A dead whistle-blower is no use - couter-espionage contractors will be brought in to sift through my phone records, text messages, IP activity history, forum handles, and dig as far as they can. My family, as well. They'll pull random dots out of a hat and start connecting them in weird manners - try to disrupt my relationship with wife/kids/etc.

Ultimately, they'll hope to force a whistle-blower to capitulate and say "enough - I was just being an attention whore and lying." If not - they'll do what they can to trash their reputation.

This does depend upon what environments we are dealing with. I'm getting into the more extreme ends of things - like corporate mergers, purging of staff unjustifiably, and other types of events. "Disclosure" by Micheal Crichton is a very interesting take on this type of scenario. Someone saying "security is lax" as an anonymous source isn't a fly on the wall worth smashing with a hammer.

Anyway - the point is, when dealing with informants handling those kinds of secrets, you need to be able to make them disappear and be their insurance policy. If you can't do that, or -fail- to do that, you'll quickly lose face and people will go elsewhere with their secrets.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If they cracked it, then maybe we'll get to finally see the files. I mean, at this rate, Assange will never release them.

Would it not have been prudent, say three months ago, to release this bombshell? When has WL needed an insurance policy more than before? What could possibly happen that they would need to use it more?

Let's guess at the reasons one would release this supposed insurance file:

1) Another War for Oil/Money/Gold/Democracy/Insert waged by a superpower against a poor country.
2) Government Corruption in All Western Countries
3) Banking Cartels Asserting Their Power in Economic Warfare
4) Corporations are People too, except a Criminal type abomination sort of person.
5) Aliens

*cough* I'm done. So what's next, who cares, and why does it matter?
edit on 2011/8/29 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ive had this file on my computer for months....hurry up already and give me the key so i can delete it or whatever lol.

Id imagine a lot of the files floating around the internet now arent the real file.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

How can one obtain the file?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeluzifus

thepiratebay.org...

Here you go

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So where is the code then?

I want to open the file aswell.

Sadly i believe we will never get it. Either A. Its fake, its tracking us down so i can get raided one day. B. it was real, but assange was taken out. The Assange we know now isn't him, its a fake. I highly belive B, because of that period of time. I mean seriously what the # does "Wikileaks infrastructure under attack, Activate Reston 5" mean?

It has to have some meaning. Or they are just trollin.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

This is exactly why assange deserves to be in jail. Hopefully one of the exposed informants will get to him before the legal system does.

Such a worthless POS.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Thank you very much..
Trying to share it on fb but what do you know, facebook are blocking this particular website it seems.

<<   2  3 >>

join