It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobby Mackie's Experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well I would like to take this opportunity to tell about my experience at the mysterious Bobby Mackie's country music club.

A few years ago my "team" of ghost hunters called the Spiritus Evoko Society were having a discussion about the history of this place, far before it belonged to the Latin Quarter mob. There is actually a great book on the history of the land called Hell's Gate. Anyhow, after so many stories and reading so many different affidavits about suspected ghost encounters we decided to pack it up and hit the road. It's located about 30 minutes from my house in Kentucky. By the time we arrived we were all overly excited and ready to case the outside of the building and see if we could get any readings and take some evp's. After our small investigation of the outer grounds we all went in to begin the nightly tour. A few of my close friends were a bit spooked already but I have been an Occultist of sorts for many years so I assured them all it was probably a publicity stunt to draw in the cash seeing that I have debunked many places simply because this is exactly what they were. When we reached the basement and the ominous well also called "Hell's Gate" I expected little more than spooky stories and halloween antics but found out quickly that there was actually quite a bit of history behind it. The tour guide was well informed which also surprised me. I took the chance while near the well to venture off alone and take some evp's. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I'll get to that later. As I rejoined my group in what was known as the room with the faces on the wall I felt a strange tingling sensation on the back of my neck, sort of akin to hair standing on end, of course I thought nothing of it. That is until we turned off the lights to take some evp's and blacklight the area for blood stains. As I was taking an evp I felt as if someone had grabbed the back of my necklace (which held a green Baphomet) and had slowly began to pull it tighter around my neck, at the moment the light was turned back the necklace was pulled so hard that it actually left a red ring around my neck, which we quickly documented by snapping photos on our disposable. I suppose I should put those pics on here lol but I'm not sure how to use this thing yet, soon enough I will. Anyhow, after this occured I felt extremely ill and we had to abandon any further research that night. We have been back many times since then and the images and experiences we have had are just unexplainable. Back to the story lol. So when we arrived home that night it was around 4 a.m. and I decided to go through the recording sessions to see if I had gotten any evp's and what I found sent chills through every inch of my body. The first evp I caught had sounds of a child screaming, a little girl possibly, and of a banging noise that sounded eerily similar to a butcher chopping meat. This last one fits because in the old days this place was a butcher shop. The second evp was the most chilling thing I have ever heard to this day. Our tour guide was screaming why aren't you here anymore and the tape in my recorder sounded as if it were changing tapes or clicking over, the voice that followed was as clear as day, it began as if it were robotic in nature and then flattened out into a human voice. "We are here" This is the strangest thing I have ever captured on my recorder. I tend to be a skeptic but his place had me rattled for a few days with strange dreams and obsessions. Do I believe that this establishment is haunted, I don't know. But it is clear that something lingers none the less.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
yeah...there's some bad juju around that place, from what i've heard. its a real evil place, not your normal haunted by ghosts kinda spot. i believe it was the old manager there, he lived in the apt above the place and was possessed by a demon.

bobby mackie's a little bit of an odd ball too.

and wasn't a pregnant woman murdered either in the pit or in the cellar there?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yes Bobby's wife was actually pushed down the steps by an unseen force or so they say, like I said I don't know if anything is true about the place aside from what I have caught myself. But the man who many claim became demon possessed was named Carl. We have actually broken into his old house lol and it was very weird. There were cat skeletons everywhere and everything in the home was still there like they left in quite a hurry. I actually have some of the old books he left behind in his house sitting on my bookshelf as we speak lol. Such a thieving little breaker and enterer ha... Anyhow, yes there is a strange foreboding feeling whenever I journey out that way. Plenty of jujus so to speak, but could this all be attributed to mass hysteria? I think history and evidence would beg to differ.

Rise Great Dreaming Gods!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I live in Northern Kentucky as well, and my mother has several stories about Bobby Mackies ghosts.
But then, she believes in ghosts.

The first one involves her working there for a short period of time as a waitress or bar back or something in the late 70's early 80's. The place was new-ish. My parents knew Bobby pretty well and he wanted some people he could trust.
Coming from the basement she said a ghost of a woman literally stepped in front of her on the stairs and tried to slap her and all she felt was a cold breeze and her eyes were stinging. She told him what happened, left right after that and didn't go back into that place for 6 years.
When she did go back to visit Bobby was playing up the haunted bit pretty good, so after he closed he wanted her to tell him the story again.
She was telling the story and the lights started flickering, and a breeze blew inside the room and riffled things, and everyone there started laughing and talking about how creepy it was. On the way out she says the woman ghost pushed her again at the door, and my dad remembered she had bruises on her shoulder.

Of course, I say that story is to cover up spousal abuse, but that's just me. Apparently my biological dad was kind of a mean drunk.

So many years later my dad had passed away, and my moms new husband is a musician, he was asked to fill in for a guitar player for some country play along band for someone they think is famous. I have no idea who it was. Old people playing old music.

She won't go. He wants her to go. Everyone in the house has to relive her ghost stories for a week before this show knowing full well she will go.
Of course she goes. She has a great time, Bobby is glad to see her, my step dad plays fine even though he's only had 3 days to learn the set list and everyone is happy.
When they go to leave, she feels someone grab at her neck and arm, and it feels like they are trying to choke her. My step dad says it was weird because she looked in distress, and it didn't look like she was controlling her movement. He said it looked just as she described it, like an invisible person was roughly handling her by the arm and neck from behind. He stepped to her and grabbed her shoulder and asked if she was OK and she said the feeling instantly went away.

Now here is the odd part. This wasn't that long ago. I was 16-17 when this event happened. I'm in my mid 30's now, and I remember this event because of the next 2-3 days after they went to Bobby's, she was getting a bruise around her neck and arm, like an indian rug burn??? You ever had one of those? It's an abrasion bruise, from rubbing and squeezing. This thing just got more ugly every day, and then bam come the next weekend, it was gone.

Could my mom have been using makeup to make it look that way. Absolutely!
She wasn't known for extravagant pranks, but it's totally possible.

Could she have been rubbing the supposed sites to make it look that way. Absolutely! But again, no history of that kind of thing.

Was she attacked by a ghost? Probably not.
I have only seen 3 things that even allow me to consider that someone with some real resources needs to investigate ghosts and all three of those instances came from the Ghost Hunters on SyFy in the first 2-3 seasons.
I think everything since season 3 is just TV and not serious attempts at investigation.

I can't believe in ghosts, because I can't say I have seen evidence of them that convinces me I should believe in ghosts.
But I would LOVE to see that evidence. I'm open to evidence.

EVP's can't be trusted.
Standard photography, Video, and even thermal imaging are so subjective, that the evidence just proves that something unexplainable happened in the images. It doesn't mean ghosts. It means something that currently has no simple reasonable explanation.
Just like UFO's. Well anything unexplained and flying is a UFO. To a degree a bird you can't identify is a UFO.

I'd like you to read my thread about measuring ghosts. How to measure ghosts and so on. You might really like the thread. If you wouldn't mind reading it, I'd like to hear your opinions of my theories and ideas. It is linked just below.

Ghost Measurements I'd like to see taken.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

I understand your thoughts. I actually live in crescent springs Im about 3 minutes from erlanger lol. I dont believe in ghosts, however I do believe in imprints and residing energy. Some things are just terrible enough to linger on. I will definatley read your thread and thank you for the story and your reply.

Dead but dreaming...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

ghost hunters sux ballz. now ghost adventures on the travel channel is pretty awesome...if you just overlook the whole "bro factor". by that i mean faux hawks, afflictions shirts, general douchebaggery, etc.
they use some pretty cool equipment. Im not a huge believer in ghosts, but do believe in demons and whatnot. Ghost Adventures make a pretty good case for ghosts tho.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Heres another thought friend. If you would like some evidence of your own of residing negative energy I would surely be willing to accompany you to bobby mackies or anywhere else such as the waverly hills sanitorium to help you catch some things you may be interested in. Of course I have been to most everywhere in this area and southern kentucky and can tell you from my experiences that things are not always as they seem. I have even been in the tunnels underneath the well at bobby mackies and beneath the old railroad tracks surrounding the area.

Let me know if you're interested.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Hahahahahahahahahaha! I absolutely hate Zak, I was actually there when they were recording the episode at Bobby Mackies lol. I hate him with a passion that would make Lucifer himself feel like a schoolgirl in a pink mini skirt.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

yeah. he's a douche of epic proportions.
but the show is pretty entertaining.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

I actually like the ghost hunters international a bit. They went to Elizabeth Bathory's castle so they have my respect a little. I for one would loooooove to visit that place.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Unlike many people who go to Bobby Mackey's Music World here in Wilder, KY I love the place. I have been seriously injured, to the point where I had to be rushed to the ER. I still go back every weekend. Each time I capture something different. Most people run out and never come back. Honestly the more you come and the more you communicate with the spirits the less likely you are to be hurt again. I have been there over 20 times since I made a hospital trip and I am fine now. Nothing has hurt me in a while. Let them get to know you and whatever you do, DO NOT BRING A BISHOP OR A PRIEST INTO THE BUILDING. There is a reason it is called Hell's Gate. Has anyone ever used a spirit box or ghost box? I have and they like to talk to you. Mainly Johanna. She loves to talk to people.

For any new paranormal investigator I would advise you not to go to this place until you get more training. If anyone has any questions about this place please message me. I have the full history of this place and tons of evidence that I have gathered.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I watched the 'Ghost Adventures' episode of B.M's Music World, which was pretty interesting.

The place looked like it had a history of "presence" in the place...& the background stories to it were interesting too...

However I saw the "exorcism" of Carl (the guy worked there as caretaker?) on YT, in the basement...& I was a little skeptical, to be honest.

Still no denying it's a weird place.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vincent2012

If you have a spirit box I would be very interested in doing an overnight investigation with you. I've never used one before and would be very interested in seeing what sort of replies it would produce. As I said I am skeptical to a certain extent, but the things I myself have captured, from EVP's to photos, cannot easily be dismissed. At any rate I think it would be a thrilling experience. Let me know if your'e interested.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have went to Mackies a few times over the years. I too, live in N Ky and I work in Wilder. My girlfriends daughter was there a couple of months ago and said something about it being haunted, but I didnt pay it much mind.

I'd love to see this Hells Gate that is in the basement. Do they give tours? The few times I went there I was half drunk when I went in and enjoyed watching people trying to ride the Bull. I havent been there for a few years now.

This is the first time I have read about this in so much detail. Thanks for this post OP. Now I know what she was talking about when she said that it was haunted. Ive been around here for all my 50 years and never heard this story, or heard it and dont remember it because of the state of mind I was probably in..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I believe they still give tours, yes. But it's been awhile since the last time I was there. If you're really interested there is a great deal of info online about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I live close to Bobby Mackie's and took an out-of-town friend there fairly recently. I had a hard time staying awake. It just seemed really peaceful and calming to me. The dance floor was packed, and the music was pretty good, but all I wanted to do was sit back in that slightly-raised corner area, lean back in one of the chairs and sack out for a while. I felt pretty safe and comfortable there. Then again, my demons are deadly serious characters. Maybe the rookies that haunt that place could tell that we were not to be disturbed?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow...good to see all of the members close to the Kentucky area.

I've only been to BM once and wasn't able to conduct as thorough an investigation as I would have liked. I WILL be going back one day though better prepared.

Looks like there are quite a few of us here in the area who could possibly put together an ATS ghost-hunter crew.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

This would certainly be an idea I would love to entertain. If anyone is interested, we should definatley exchange info and go out some night and talk in more detail of this.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I founded Ghost Cops of Northern Kentucky (G.CON) last year. We are always looking for new members if you or anyone else is interested. Check out our webpage ghostcopsnky.webs.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

That would be awesome. The spirit box we have is out dated. We are waiting for the new version to arrive. Hopefully it will be shipped soon. We are always looking for and buying the newest equipment. Mainly stuff from our sister Ghost Hunters and from our friends at Ghost Adventures. Everything that has been featured on their television series we have. We are trying to update our equipment mainly when the updates come out. Once the device has been discontinued it is hard to get it repaired.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join