It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moon appeared in a differnet location, anyone help me understand this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Im not sure if I posted in the correct forum, and I am positive if it is in wrong forum someone will complain about it and will be placed in its proper forum.

I live about 5 minute walk to a large lake, the sun rises in the same place every morning from the extreme left side of the lake,So last night im sitting here watching the beauty of the clear night showing the stars, I suddenly notice the moon is more in the area just right of where the sun always rises. This has never happened before,First it begins upper left above the lake just under my rooftop where i can see it goes behind me with the morning, as the full moon approaches its location is always at the far right part of the lake, it always rises from the lake upward, again moving behind me. It is moving in a different direction. Its appearing in a completely differnet part of the sky I never saw it happen like this before, its moving sideways to its normal path, Has anyone else noticed this?

edit on 27-8-2011 by lbndhr because: added 2 upper lines

edit on 27-8-2011 by lbndhr because: Altered Thread Title to reflect my confusion of the thread name for those who are judgemental on titles

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr
[more

Just walked out in the garden to have a smoke moon is in same place it was last night and night b4

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by delbyd

Im thinking I need to take pictures of this for a few days, then find online the normal path it takes

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Your the first in the world that report this on the internet in the last 24 hours.. its truly amazing if you are the first to discover this BIG change in our sky.. not saying your wrong, just saying

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't mean to be horrible but it is ridiculous to think the moon has changed position.. Hopefuly you are aware it is in a different position throughout the year.. But to suggest ot is in the wrong position to me is ludicrous because I'm sure someone would have noticed it by now.. And I mean someone we'll versed on the subject..

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by lbndhr

Your the first in the world that report this on the internet in the last 24 hours.. its truly amazing if you are the first to discover this BIG change in our sky.. not saying your wrong, just saying

Im not saying I found anything, it actually really confused me ....geesh, but what I saw last night I know was not where the moons shoulda been

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Whattt??? Again??? hahahaha!

Crack up! The moon changes position all the time, kind Sir!

Lol!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I think If the moon had of gone out of its normal orbit, a few people may have noticed, the floods and earthquakes may have been noticed

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am a nightly and daily sky observer for all my life, well sense I have been adult enough to understand the sky, (not saying im anywhere near a pro cause im nto, i just like to watch the sky, you never know what you will see. But having this beautiful view I daily nightly watch it. I must admit I also watch it for ufo`s, but this is nothing to do with ufo`s for the records of the smarter then everyone else out there.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by lbndhr

Whattt??? Again??? hahahaha!

Crack up! The moon changes position all the time, kind Sir!

Lol!

[/quote

I know it changes positions all the time, normally when the first sliver appears it comes from the extreme right side of the lake mid sky level, by the full moon it is rising from the lake level, so yes I realize the moon moves positions, last night the sliver came more from near the sun area. This is what has never happened before. Ive been here 3 years watching this 3 years, it moved left to right last night not earth level up and behind me. ( not thinking in advance i didnt catch film on it, but quratee I will be filming starting tonight.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

what ya smokin?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by delbyd
reply to post by lbndhr

what ya smokin?

non smoker non alcholic, i hate alcohol....dont do drugs of any sort, so know what???

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
While i agree that moon does move on its own path throughout the year. I can semi-verify this from a couple weeks ago. perhaps a month and a half.

This one night, it was dusk and i look out. I see the crescent moon hanging above the city across the harbour, it was beautiful, and large. I thought nothing of it until about a week or two later when i got off work at nearly midnight, look up in the sky and bam, there is the moon.

Now, i dont know how much the moon moves in our sky in a two - three week period. But it was certainly a drastic change in position. While i cannot exactly verify the timeline as my memory is not the greatest. But from being just above the city on the horizon one day, and a few weeks later, in a completely different position. Different times yes, but it doesnt make much sense.

How could the moon be above the horizon at sunset one day, and directly above 3 weeks later, several hours AFTER sunset? The direction the moon moves makes it impossible for it to raise from the position i saw, and up into the sky.

Unless i imagined the whole thing, or my memory is not correct.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I always "love" these threads...the moon/sun/etc....is not in it's normal position. As if billions of stargazers have missed this occurrence; yet, somehow, the OP is the only earthling with a keen enough eye to make this scientific observation.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I always "love" these threads...the moon/sun/etc....is not in it's normal position. As if billions of stargazers have missed this occurrence; yet, somehow, the OP is the only earthling with a keen enough eye to make this scientific observation.

Gawd people fall short of a full load. Im my starting thread I asked if anyone else noticed this correct? yes of course im correct. Therefore not one of your harsh replys has considered I myself questioned this and is reason I was asking. but is ok. Nrrow minded peoples are an infection here, I realized that quite a few months back.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I know many ats members are out to try and discover the first of a new event or happening, this is nto the intent of this thread. People need to step back and TRY to understand the threads meaning , not jsut the words. Very harsh judgemental atsers

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Not a single week will pass these days, without someone claiming that the Sun / Earth / Moon / [Insert various other celestial objects here] is not where it is supposed to be.

You do realize just how ridiculous that is, don't you ?

Let's assume for a single second that the moon did in fact leave it's orbit .. okay ?

Do you really think you would be the first one to figure it out, by looking at the sky ?

I've heard they've got a special offer on clue-family-packs this week over at the grocery store.

Get one please.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
Gawd people fall short of a full load. Im my starting thread I asked if anyone else noticed this correct? yes of course im correct. Therefore not one of your harsh replys has considered I myself questioned this and is reason I was asking. but is ok. Nrrow minded peoples are an infection here, I realized that quite a few months back.

I'm sorry, i didn't mean to come across as "narrow minded". Here, let me patronize you a bit...YES
The moon does seem out of place.

Better now?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by Aggie Man

I know many ats members are out to try and discover the first of a new event or happening, this is nto the intent of this thread. People need to step back and TRY to understand the threads meaning , not jsut the words. Very harsh judgemental atsers

It's really simple buddy.

The amount of unsolved mysteries in the universe is infinite, I guess we agree.

And on the other hand, ATS's resources and manpower are limited.

By posting a ludicrous thread, asking a question that you might have easily answered yourself - simply by using common sense - you are wasting resources and manpower, thus it's your fault and your fault alone when humanity never figures out all of the secrets of the universe.

We'll turn into a failed species, and only because you asked if the moon is gone. Please.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I haven't noticed the moon in a different place, but I have noticed other things not being w here they should be.
Only yesterday I couldn't find my beer and I know it was in the fridge. I did however find empty beer cans on the table that weren't there earlier.
How weird is that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join