It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Had A Wayback Machine, Where Would You Go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've had this bouncing around my puny human brain for a while now and wondered what others around here might do with it. I'm not trying to fix history but if you want to go down that path, that's cool, I'm just looking for scenes you might have wanted to witness.

A few scenes I would like to have seen:

The surrender at Appomattox, Lee & Grant. Gettysburg, the largest artillery action ever on this continent(I could do with missing out on all the death, though. Ugh). The battle between the Monitor and the Merrimack. I'm a bit of a Civil War buff so there's loads of stuff there I would dig on seeing.

The recording, or the day before the recordings of Deep Purple's Machinehead. "Some stupid with a flare gun, burnt the place to the ground". The recording of their famous Made In Japan record would also be a highlight.

Woodstock. Even with all the mud I still would love to have been there to see Pete Townsend hit Abbie Hoffman with his guitar. Some good acts at that show also and since the whole of the show isn't available one would have to go back to hear it.

1975, '76 or '90 World Series - GO REDS!!!!!

Babe Ruth's called shot. Did he really call it?

Dealey Plaza, 11-22-63. Or was it the 23? Whichever.

Either Shanksville or the Pentagon on 9-11-01, with a bloody camera!

To see Damageplan the gig before Dimebag got shot.

To see Rush in Rio. Helluva show that night with all those crazy fans. Now that's a treat.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure I could come up with bunches more but methinks that's enough for now.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I would do my best to stop Kennedy from being assassinated. Without a doubt he was truly the last great President we have had. His speech on 'Secret Societies' was profound. Hearing him ask for help from the American people. And then when he authored Executive Order 11110 to destroy the FED by using silver as currency... wow. That was a life definitely worth saving.

Executive Order 11110

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I am not a time travel expert but from what I understand you cannot change history. If that is so, I would just go - and take a camera - just to get a good photo of Bush hanging around(remember he said he didn't know where he was that day so he had to have been there).

Stopping it might be hard as no one knows really where the shots came from. Sewer, grassy knoll, TSBD, the bridge, etc. But good luck with that one!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Back to get some proof that man didnt evolve from an ape, so we could finally sit back and laugh at the faith in ape'eism, I guess we'll all have to endure the test that is life and wait til we get to the other side to have a luagh at ape'eism, oh well I'm patient.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

...but... but.... he needs to live!

ok, if I can't do that, I would go way back and check out how those darn pyramids were built. How Stonehinge was built. Who gave the inspiration to draw the futuristic symbols on the Egyptian walls?! Did Noah really build the ark or is the story of Gilgamesh the truth? Were caveman just a post apocalyptic civilization after nuclear fallout?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

All good things to check out. I didn't go back far enough in history with my list to include things like that. I should have.

Off Topic - Keep up the good fight dude. The RP haters just tick me off and I can't argue with them. You've held up well, much better than I could.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Meh, you would probably only find out the truth that we are really descended from the platypus.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Hiya, when I saw the title 1967 was my first thought and turning on, tuning in and dropping out in London or San Fran with sex, drugs, miniskirts and weekly gigs watching Hendrix, Cream etc.

Then you spoiled it with all the historically important events so I'm not sure now.

Hiding behind the Grassy Knoll with a camera would be a history changer. Being at the foot of the Twin Towers when the passport was found. Mount Rainier in 1947.

I thought abut trying to change history, but on consideration what would really change? If JFK wasn't killed in Dallas, he'd have died elsewhere. The Arawak indians would still be decimated by the Spanish and wars would still happen if we could go back and kill Hitler, Bush or Stalin in their cradles.

Being a serial-serial killer killer might be good. Spend time wiping out the Bundys and Dahmers of the world so people didn't die in such nasty ways.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Summer Of Love, WOOT! Cool, go to Haight Ashbury and meet up with Charles Manson before he got really wacky LOL! IIRC he was there at that time.

9/11 actually would be cool to get pictures of. Go get pics of those damned dancing Israelis, or better yet that van with the pic on the side that was reported. Now THAT would be cool. Or the first plane that we have almost no pics of.

Sorry I ruined the thread for ya with all the history. It's what I do best is screw things up. At least it was my own thread I did it to.

One could get really weird, go back millions of years, kill a butterfly and see if Bradbury's Sound Of Thunder really is true LOL! Heck, would be cool to go back and see the dinos, see if our representations of them are correct or not or to see if we walked among them.

Speaking locally, I could go see if Ted Binion was really murdered, by whom(if so) or did he die of a overdose. Very interesting case from a few years ago around here.

So many things from the past that are interesting, especially the unsolved ones(of course). Too bad we don't have a wayback machine.

new topics

top topics

join