It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Proof in God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have spoken several times on these boards about some of my paranormal experiences that I’ve had, which leads me to believe in a spiritual realm. I’ve experienced these stories over the span of my thirty years of life.

The ones I will share with you are only a handful of the experiences that I’ve had, and I choose to share them because it was not just me who was witness to them. I know that doesn’t count for much, seeing as how this is the internet; and I could very well be making these stories up. But I promise you that I am not.

I have changed the names of people in my stories to protect their identity.

Each story is told as best I can remember them, which is very clearly. Of course time does take its toll on memories, so I’m sure there are a few bits and pieces that I have left out or forgotten. I hope you enjoy these stories, and most importantly I hope they might bring hope to you in things unseen…..

With love and hope,

~Mentor

Bob

Bob was an atheist – he refused to acknowledge that God, or the possibility of God’s existence. Oftentimes he would get extremely upset when this topic was brought up, which bordered on aggression.

One afternoon, Bob, David, and I decide to go eat dinner together. We journeyed into town, and sat down in a local Mexican restaurant. About half way through our meal, Bob asked us if we could answer a few questions he had about God and religion.

Being Christians, we were delighted to hear of him finally speak of any interesting in learning of God – little did we know where the next two days would take us.

The conversation continued after we left the restaurant. Me, David, and Bob made our way to my friend Mark’s house. We each grabbed a cold beer from the refrigerator, and found a seat outside.
It was fall, and the air had begun to cool – offering a refreshing atmosphere.

David, who had always been overtly spiritual, was the one mainly speaking to Bob – trying to convince him of God’s existence.

Bob looked at David and said, “I want proof – I want you to prove to me that God is real.”

David looked at Bob and replied, “You want proof?”

“I do,” replied Bob.

“Fine then,” said David, setting his beer down on the wooden railing of the deck. “God gave me an ability – a gift….”

“Oh yeah?” laughed Bob.

“Yeah,” said David. “God gave me the ability to read people’s minds.”

Bob took a swig of his beer, and laughed as hard as he could. It was deep hearty laugh, as Bob was known for. His smile stretched from ear to ear, and his blue eyes glittered with amusement. “Well then why don’t you tell me what I’m thinking right now?”

“You’re not an atheist,” replied David. “You only say you are. You say you’re an atheist because you don’t want to acknowledge God – because you’re afraid.”

Bob leaned forward in his seat, and looked David right in the face, but didn’t say a word.

“You’re afraid that because of all the things you’ve done” continued David, “ and all the things you want to do, which you know you can’t do as a Christian, that God won’t accept you!”

Bob rocked his body backwards, and began to laugh a dark laugh like he had never laughed before – it was dark, and full of venom.

The cool air grew even colder, and a shiver went down my spine. The hair on my left arm stood up, and I looked over at Bob. His eyes were no longer there, but were replaced by black pits. His teeth, which were normally straight were sharp and jagged. Behind Bob a black mist began forming, looming over him.

Fear shot through my body, as I recognized the possession that I was witnessing. I jumped out of my seat, afraid to be near bob – and approached David. Instead of cold, I felt warmth around David. He stood firm, convicting.

A scripture popped into my mind, Put on the Armor of God. Which I knew to be prayer.

I began praying for God’s help, and Bob immediately stopped laughing.

“You’re right,” said Bob, his eyes now full of tears. “You’re right….”

Later that night I was driving David home, and he turned to me and said, “You saw it didn’t you?”

“Saw what?” I asked in a coy voice. I didn’t want to admit what I had seen – I was afraid I was going crazy.

“You saw his teeth….his eyes….The thing behind him,” said David. “You saw it.”

“Yeah,” I replied. “I saw it.”

“I know,” said David.

The next night Bob gave his life to Christ, and was shipped off to Iraq the next month.

I never saw Bob again…. He died serving his country, as a road bomb detonated under his right tire and killed everyone in his party.

I look forward to seeing Bob again when I depart this earth. I feel that God used that moment on our friend’s house to get through to Bob before it was too late. It wasn’t that Bob didn’t believe in God, he was just afraid to change. I feel God knew that, and called him to correctness before his time expired.

I miss Bob very much.... He was a wonderful friend and leader.

That is just one of my stories – its time for me to go home now, so I’ll post more later.

edit on 26-8-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Real or made-up, I applaud you for writing it so well. That was book worthy, at least I think so .
edit on 26-8-2011 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I agree with the above poster. I only wish I could write so well.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just because there's a spiritual realm does not mean God exists.

Do you have a picture of 'God'?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Perhaps it is my nature to overly criticize, but I would like to ask how your story proves Gods existence? If anything, to me, it states the opposite. As soon as your friend accepted God, he was sent overseas, and was killed by a roadside bomb. While I do submit to you my condolences for the loss of a friend, I cannot understand how this proves the existence of an almighty supernatural being.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Yeah I agree with you. Of course the most logical religious response would be that now he's in Heaven(or whichever spiritual realm you believe in) because he chose to give himself to the OP's god.
edit on 26-8-2011 by BrawleR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Don't think it really constitutes proof....but as one writer to another, that's some nice writing!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
has anyone on this forum ever read the wonderful 'the satan seller'? remember mike warmke?

i can't help it- this post makes me think about how i have never seen a hindu or buddhist televangelist.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Everyone needs to stop looking for arguments that "prove" or disprove" the existence of God. Words are wise men's (and atheists') playthings.

For those who have sufficient ability to understand, here is what amounts to mathematical proof:

smphillips.8m.com...

The proof consists of astounding mathematical parallels between sacred geometries representing the nature of God that are found in certain religions and amazing connections between these representations and various scientific facts and discoveries in microbiology and particle physics. There is no rational (or, rather, conventional) explanation for such isomorphisms and displays of beautiful, mathematical design and coherence. The only explanation left for such rationality and intelligence revealed by this website in the sacred geometries of religions whose origins were separated by thousands of miles and years is not an irrational one. Instead, it is supra-rational because it points to the source of reason itself: God.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Can we ... not ... do the whole "I have proof that god does/doesn't exist" thing? It just causes unnecessary drama.

Christians/other theistic persons: Circumstancial evidence does not prove anything. It just proves that smeg happens.

Atheists: Absence of proof does not mean proof of absence. It just means we have not yet found substancial evidence.

Neither of you have any real evidence. Give it up. Believe what you want to believe ... just don't cram it down the rest of our throats.

/proof threads

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with healthy debate. There is no mud slinging or nastiness. I'm an atheist but can appreciate the op's heartfelt style of writing. I say game on. There is no drama here! I may not agree with them but I'll listen to what they have to say

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I enjoyed reading your story; if I saw a guys eyes turn black with a dark mist behind him I'd probably freak out too. However, this is by no means proof. If it really did happen, then perhaps it's proof in regard to your own. But other than you and your friend David, this cannot be verified; as I said I enjoyed reading it but it also didn't sound real in some ways. The mind-reading thing and talk about being scared to become a Christian.

Personally, I believe a "God" of sorts is very plausible, although I don't follow the judeo-Christian scriptural God. God may be a programmer, an ancient astronaut, an alien being, but one thing we know is that he's an enigma. Asking somebody to "prove" God is pointless because it's not meant to proven. The concept of God exist in the human consciousness for a reason, a reason that eludes me for the most part but also keeps me thinking --- every day.

Good post OP

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I can appreciate your story. I have had many experiences myself which I attribute 100% to proof of God. That fact of the matter is someone who has not experienced the divine can never understand it or associate it with God. It is only when you've had these experiences that you understand.

All that being said, you might very well turn around and say haha fooled you, this story was made up and I sucked all you Christians into believing it. You never know these days. If you are genuine then God bless you for telling the story.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Friend, good story. There is in fact a spiritual realm, we call it the Ether. I walk n the Ether a lot, not as much as when I was a child, but still do occasionally. Up there, which is a slightly different dimension, about half way between the 3rd and 4th dimensions of time and space, I would say, but do not know for certain. All of the Gods are there, even the Old Ones. Santa Clause, and Tooth Fairy in many incarnations, little demons, monsters, everything humankind creates with their thought forms. When I first started going there, I was afraid, as a child would be. Then I realized that I was invincible there, that nothing could harm me but my own fear. Several time being have attempted to get me to kneel before them and acknowledge them as God. I just refused, and they went away.

My greatest fear is that one day all of these created creatures would be suddenly released upon the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In this post I will begin part two of my thread.

I would like to take a moment to discuss some of the other member’s comments, and express my opinion of why I believe my stories contain some proof for the existence of God.

I am not just a spiritual man, but I am also a man of science. I believe that our universe was created by God, and there for the laws of physics and all other laws of science are standards by which God set our universe into motion.

With every positive, there is a negative – as is usually the way with nature.

In my previous post I discussed a negative experience with spirituality. It would stand to reason, in my mind, that with my experience with a negative entity that there must be a positive – the same as within nature.

If what I experienced was a minion of a negative force, then whom do they serve? You may call him the devil, Lucifer, a Jinn, etc.

So, with my next post, I will discuss an experience with a positive spiritual experience – and I must relatively ask: who does the positive entity serve?

The Pool

My father was in the Air-Force. When I was five years old he was stationed overseas, in Germany.

He left several months before us, to prepare a place for my mother and I.

The flight to Germany was very long – we stopped several times and had several layovers. By the time we arrived, I was so exhausted all I wanted to do was sleep.

My father had rented a small two bedroom apartment in the German country side, as all of the base housing was taken. The apartment was seated right next to an enormous horse ranch, where horses ran daily – their thick manes blowing in the breeze, and their thunderous hooves battering the ground as they ran.

The first night we were there my mom woke me up very late. The sun had already set, and darkness covered the face of the land. A thick fog was beginning to descend from the sky, and looked like a milky blanket over our heads. She pulled my father’s flash light from her flannel night gown, and shined it over the field below.

For a moment I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to be seeing – but suddenly my eyes focused on movement, and I realized that the field was teaming with thousands of wild rabbits moving about in the field. It was amazing.
A few months after we lived in Germany, my mom and dad enrolled me in a program called The A.Y.A. – or The American Youth Association. They took us to all manner of different places in Germany; ranging from castles, WWII bunkers, natural caves, etc.

One of our usual A.Y.A. trips was to the local German pool.

At this time I did not know how to swim. My friend Florien was swimming in the eight foot section. I remember this because the pool was divided by a length of floating rope, and directly after the rope the number 8 was written in a bright red letter on the pool side.

Florien was wearing a flotation device around his arms – and at the time I didn’t know what they were, and assumed he was standing on the bottom.

So, I ran and jumped in. I sank straight to the bottom.

I for several minuets I struggled to the top of the pool several times, and each time only managing to gain a single breath of air, mixed with chlorinated water.

The last time I went up, I knew I didn’t have enough energy to get back up again. When I broke the surface an old woman was standing there looking down at me. Time seemed to slow, and I sank back down to the bottom of the pool.

I felt the concrete on the pads of my feet, and they felt like the cold fingers of death tickling my toes. I was so afraid. I knew I was about to drown there – I remember thinking that I wouldn’t see my mommy or daddy again…. I almost cry now thinking about it.

I suddenly felt two hands go under my arm pits, and begin to pull me quickly to the surface – it was the old woman bringing me to the surface.

She sat me down on the edge of the pool, and just looked at me smiling. She never said a word. I was so shaken, I remember turning and walking away about two feet. I realized that I never said thank you, and turned to tell her thank you…. She was gone.

There was no where for her to go – a gigantic brick wall was directly behind where she was standing, and she was not in the pool.

As a child you don’t think about certain critical things, which you would think about as an adult – one of them being how she grabbed me.

When I surfaced she was standing straight up – she was not bent over. So unless her arms were over eight feet long, there is no way she could have grabbed me. The fact that the pool was eight feet deep, and I was a few feet out speaks in testament to that.

Next – where did she go? She vanished.

I like to think this was my guardian angel, an angel, a spiritual guide, etc. Either way – the woman saved my life in a miraculous way, and managed to vanish afterwards.

I thank God to this day for her being there.

edit on 26-8-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I am interested in hearing your other stories. So far we have the woman who vanished and your friend that looked like a demon. With your friend, did either of you ever talk more in depth about his eyes and black mist?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Christians want their God to come down and show himself to the skeptics but so do Muslim's, they also want Allah to come down and shame all the Christians,Hindus and Jews. Hindus want their Hindu Gods to disgrace all those that do not believe in them by coming down,( I wonder where the Gods are going to come down from). The question is if there is truly a God then why did he not reveal himself to the whole of Humanity? Why did he reveal himself to ancient Jews, Arabs, Chinese, Indians and Africans and called them his chosen people? Jews were the chosen ones according to the bible hence God decided to reveal himself unto them, Arabs were the chosen people according to the Koran, in fact the Koran went as far as declaring Arabic the language of Allah. The Indians were the chosen ones according to the Hindu Gods and the circle continues.

We have Muslim's, Hindus, Buddhist and Christians all claiming to have seen or encountered their God or Gods in one form or the other. This to me proves the lack of existence of all of them. The problem is that there is no universal God there has never been and there never will be. Even Christians have different conception of who their God is, same with Muslim's, Hindus, Buddhist etc. The fact that we are here arguing about the existence of God or Gods say a lot about God or the Gods. If there really is a God we wont be here arguing about him, her or them. why are we not arguing about the existence of the wind, sun, moon or stars?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
For centuries the monopoly-seeking religions could enforce their systems on mankind with brainwashing of the un-educated or when need and opportunity were present....violence.

This doesn't function so well these days, so contemporary methods have been 'adapted' (i.e. hijacked) to fit religious pushing needs. All kinds of openings for preaching-opportunities are tested, and some tentative stereotypes have established themselves as religious I-wanna-be-housebroken evergreens.

In the present case equalizing the para-normal (what's unknown about cosmos) with the super-natural (what's unknown about the trans-cosmic). And just as with so many other similar theist fabrications, it's based on fake-logic and a complete disregard of any kind of rational examination.

It should be unnecessary to add (but sadly enough it's still necessary), that the personal choice of a faith position is completely legitimate and respectable for any individual, but this isn't enough for the evangelist driven by the need of his/her 'saving' all mankind.

So as not to be accused of any off-topic direction, I'm willing to take the present thread topic up from the perspective I have presented above and analyse the relationship between paranormal experiences and alleged supernatural (theist) experiences. From a pragmatic as well as an abstract perspective.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have spoken with others before about the possibility of another type of being from another dimension could well be the figurehead from which we base the belief in God.

It is very possible.

However, as Shakespeare said: a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

I have a theory, which I call “The Grand Unification Theory,” which states that eventually our science will progress to the point where we prove the existence of God – when that time comes, God may very well be a being from another dimension. But I believe as we travel along our historical journey, our science and spirituality will eventually merge – and become synonymous with one another.

Part Three – The Man on the Steps

My great grandfather died when I was a young boy. His heart was weak, and eventually gave way to a heart attack.

His funeral was conducted at my great grandmother’s house. I was only six at the time, and I couldn’t really understand the concepts of death. I remember thinking that I was at a family gathering.

My cousins and I decided to play a game of hide-and-go-seek, and proceeded outside. The weather was cool, and the air was a pale blue and slightly overcast. The sun poked its golden rays through the openings in the clouds – causing the day to feel dull, yet relaxing.

It was my turn to seek out my cousins. I leaned my head against the wall by the side of the house, and closed my eyes.

“One, two, three…,” I said, peeking out from the corner of my eye, “eight, nine, TEN! Ready or not here I come!”

When I pulled my head back from the side of the house, there was a man sitting there on some steps that was built into the side of the house, however the steps ran directly into the wall, and there was no door at the top.

I didn’t recognize this man, and I stepped back. Even as child I could tell there was something unique about this man – his features weren’t exactly normal.

His eyes were crystal blue, and almost seemed to have a glow to them. His snow white hair was combed over to the side of his head. His beard, which in turn was bright white, was neatly groomed. His skin was extremely white and almost looked as though it wasn’t real.

His clothing was not white, but a reddish color – the funny thing is that when you looked at him they looked white; as if my mind couldn’t determine what the true color of his clothing was, so picked white.

“Hello,” I said to him.

He looked up from his steps and stared directly into my eyes. He seemed to be communicating sorrow. I understood in that moment that was sad for my great grandfather’s death.

“Hi,” I said again.

He continued to look at me, without saying a word, and tilted his head slightly to the left.

Because he didn’t respond I walked away a few steps, and looked around the side of the house for one of my cousins. My cousin Adam ran around the side of the house, and I decided I was going to turn around and catch him on the other side.

When I pivoted on my feet the man on the steps was gone – as were the steps.

Later on that day I would ask my mom about the man; and she said she had never seen him before in her life.

~End of Story

Now I said in an earlier post that I was not going to discuss any stories that were not backed up by another witness – obviously that is not the case here.

This story is relevant, however, because it ties in to two more stories that I will share later.

This story, and the tie-in stories, has a profound impact on my memories. It would not be the last time I saw the white bearded man – and the next time I saw him, I was not alone.

edit on 27-8-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You wrote:

["I have spoken with others before about the possibility of another type of being from another dimension could well be the figurehead from which we base the belief in God.

It is very possible.

However, as Shakespeare said: a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet."]

The most relevant "however" in this context is a different one. The "however" of the difference between an entity being a part of this cosmos, subject to the laws of cosmos. Or alternatively an alleged primary cause 'superior' to cosmos and its laws. An alleged primary source with 'absolute' laws of its own, referred to by theists as justification for whatever they claim and do.

Quote: ["I have a theory, which I call “The Grand Unification Theory,” which states that eventually our science will progress to the point where we prove the existence of God – when that time comes, God may very well be a being from another dimension. But I believe as we travel along our historical journey, our science and spirituality will eventually merge – and become synonymous with one another."]

The world is filled with cottage-industry theories-of-everything (I have my own version also). Most of them build with peculiar methodologies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join