It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

abs workout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
ok i need help doing abs. i been sucessful doing other body parts but i just can't get my abs to flaten. i have fat in my abs and it make my abs looks curved. i am not looking to get a 6 pack, i just want to flaten my abs. and yes i been on a healthy diet. and does protein bars/powders really work as a booster when building muscles?

suggestions?

[Edited on 20-8-2004 by 2009]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Pilates!

NOT the cheesy Windsor Pilates!

Go to a bookstore and buy a book illustrating the ORIGINAL excercises. Then get to it.

It doesn't take long.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
or u can do crunches just try doin 200 a night, do it for like 2 weeks and u will see results

try this site

LINK

[Edit - Trimmed Link]

[edit on 20/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ok the key is the fat on the abs,

From a personal trainer friend he states cardio - take away the unneccessary by using one of those stationary bikes (go hard for like 10 minutes) or even running..

You could try what I suggested in this thread here as well (to develop abs without the hundreds a night):

www.belowtopsecret.com...

- Nazgarn

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
Ok the key is the fat on the abs,

From a personal trainer friend he states cardio - take away the unneccessary by using one of those stationary bikes (go hard for like 10 minutes) or even running..

You could try what I suggested in this thread here as well (to develop abs without the hundreds a night):

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I do both, but increasing load only helps build muscle. You still need cardio and maybe even light high count reps to get rid of the fat pad over your abs.

- Nazgarn

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just focus on cardio and diet to lose BF and the abs will come on their own.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Agreed. I could not get that last bit off of my stomach until I droped the sweets and sodas.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Cardio is what you should place primary focus on. Take up joggin or brisk walking, and try and balance your diet. Keep a food diary for a week to get an idea of what you should change.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
May I suggest the Body By Jake Ab Scissors. Believe me, they're very good. You'll feel the burn the second you use the machine.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ok, get a ball, a basketball, now lay on top of it and roll with the ball being on the area of your abs, roll on the ball for as long as you can. roll to get the side of your abs the middle and the lower do it slowly and concentrate on your abs while doing the exercise. when you have mastered this then try doing them with a bowling ball. this is a great exercise.
love abydos

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've used an ab roller for about 3 years, and it has worked wonderfully. Mixed in with some crunches, sit-ups, and other basic ab exercises, it got me the chiselled abs I have today. Cardio is definitely necessary too, because no matter how muscular and defined your abs become, no one can see them if they're covered by fat. Mind you, I'm also 17 and have the metabolism of a rat on crack coc aine, so adjust your workout plan accordingly.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If you can physically do them...crunches, biking, and walking are the key (along with a healthy diet). Don't use protien powders and all that crap...you're not (I am guessing) going for Mr. Universe, and you don't need to buy any equipment or a gym membership.

If you work on them, it will happen - it's just not an overnight thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
THE FOUNDATION OF A STRONG CORE CAN GIVE YOU A INCREASED PERFORMANCE IN EVERYTHING. SOME PEOPLE MAY THING THAT TO GET THE ROCK HARD ABS IS HARDWORK, AND BELIVE ME ITS NOT, JUST SOME CRUNCHES OR LEG LIFTS FOR LIKE 20 MIN. A DAY AND YOU WILL BE FINE. ALSO TRY TO IMAGEN WHAT YOUR DOING FOR YOURSELF, WITH A STRONG CORE COMES A STRONG BODY THAT IS ABLE TO SUPPORT ITSELF WITH EASE.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have a question.

The general response seems to be cardio.

I'm decently happy with the rest of my body, but I too can't seem to get rid of the icky pouch.

My only issue is cardio. I'm arthritic and running and biking can sometimes be difficult--- And even when they're possible, it doesn't last long. I'm only 17, so I've still got that young metabolism-- Which contributes to the rest of me being thin.

I've tried crunches and ab rollers, etc, etc... Any other suggestions? Or am I doomed to the life of a Kangaroo?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
To get your abs to show, you need low body fat. I think it was something like 10% body fat, could have been 6 or 7%. You can do all the sit-ups/crunches you want, but until you get you body fat down, you won't be seeing any ab muscles... sadly.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
To get your abs to show, you need low body fat. I think it was something like 10% body fat, could have been 6 or 7%. You can do all the sit-ups/crunches you want, but until you get you body fat down, you won't be seeing any ab muscles... sadly.

What are good exercises to do in order to get rid of that visible body fat around you stomach area? Can't quite get rid of it. The abs are there and they're ready to bust out but there's a thin layer of fat that just won't let them through. Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
you can try running 10 min a day...over the weeks just add 2 min. to the amount of time you run every like 5 or 6 weeks...or go hard for 10 min.

you can also use a jump rope (get this it is a great investmant), use the same time methode i posted at the top.

link   
you can try running 10 min a day...over the weeks just add 2 min. to the amount of time you run every like 5 or 6 weeks...or go hard for 10 min.

you can also use a jump rope (get this it is a great investmant), use the same time methode i posted at the top.

link   

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana

Originally posted by Shoktek

Agreed. I could not get that last bit off of my stomach until I droped the sweets and sodas.

Hmmmm... Maybe I should consider this... I work out 4 times a week, and yet I cant get my abs to show... The rest of my body is looking pretty nice though.

Does anyone have any good links with pictures showing how to do situps correctly? Preferably on benches.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join