It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soccer/Football: A Masonic Sport?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Why is it Freemasons are never associated with anything good?

...which was exactly the point of this thread. Most threads speculate about its evils with hardly any evidence at all, so it must be possible to speculate about its good.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Aside from anything else, don't read too much into the playing area, cos the pitch can vary in length and width.

Anyway, its the peoples game. Jumpers for goalposts and all that.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
See also previous thread: Baseball: A Masonic Sport?

The author of "Freemasonry for Dummies", at his Blog claims that modern "Association Football" was established by Freemasons. He writes:

Association football was born in 1863 at the Freemason's Arms Pub near London's Covent Garden, at 81-82 Long Acre. Six meetings were held at the pub to decide on rules and structure, and the meetings ended with a split between the new Football Association ("soccer" is said to be a truncated version of "association") and the proponents of different rules that became rugby.

The Freemason's Arms pub was built in 1860 and is still open today. It began life as the Freemason's Tavern, which originally stood where the United Grand Lodge of England's New Connaught Rooms are today on Great Queen Street. London's Freemasons' Hall is literally right across the street.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8821b80f34ca.jpg[/atsimg]

I am adding the layout Geometry of a soccer/football field here to ask whether any of you see any masonic symbolism in it or other aspects of the game:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43c0486ea0de.jpg[/atsimg]

Thoughts?
edit on 26-8-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Was he speaking as a Freemason or as a person who is a Freemason.?

There IS a difference.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Aha yes

22 players on the pitch, 22 being the master number

Wait a minute. Isn't 666 supposed to be the 'magic" numbers.
The Washington Monument is 666'............is that right.?

If so..........the field should be ...........uummmm........ ???

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If football (soccer) was based on Masonic symbology and the rules and regulations were drawn up by Masons, no one would know what the hell was going on as we would keep it a secret.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rugby (egg chasing) was invented after one young chap Web Ellis, who was bored with the slow pace of football and decided to pick the ball up and run with it. He probably wasn't very good at football.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you want to look into elite games, look at the racquet sports: Tennis, squash, badminton, "fives," "court tennis" and other exotic varients favored at the old elite eastern boarding schools and ivy league, as well as in the UK. You want anglo-american elite symbology I bet its more likely there...just a thought....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taurean27
The Washington Monument is 666'............is that right.?
No. That's incorrect.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Any of you guys aware of this? ^

I read about it many, many years ago in school and was fascinated that sports existed so long ago.

It is not known precisely when or where the Mesoamerican ballgame originated, although it is likely that the game originated earlier than 1400 BCE in the low-lying tropical zones home to the rubber tree.[5]

Even without human sacrifice, the game could be brutal and there were often serious injuries inflicted by the solid, heavy ball. Today's hip-ulama players are "perpetually bruised"[21] while nearly 500 years ago Spanish chronicler Diego Durán reported that some bruises were so severe that they had to be lanced open. He also reported that players were even killed when the ball "hit them in the mouth or the stomach or the intestines".[22]

So, to get my point across - I don't think sports are suddenly invented, i think they are developed and refined over a long time. Although undoubtedly rules are made in the pub.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Nice find. I read about this somewhere, many years ago. Wasn't the losing team or captain decapitated too?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Not too sure about the symbology but I bet that masons own most of the teams.

Florentino Perez is a grandmaster and owns Real Madrid, also a former Barcelona president, Gaspar.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Florentino Perez is a grandmaster

I checked. He's not Grand Master of any body in Spain, and I don't see any source for the claim that he is a Freemason at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

You checked where? lol

Go check again.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Florentino Perez is a grandmaster and owns Real Madrid, also a former Barcelona president, Gaspar.
What makes you think that Florentino Pérez Rodríguez, born in 1947 is the same as Florentino Pérez Embid, born in 1918? I've seen some secret society connections for the latter, but not the former as you would suggest.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
if it was masonic, wouldn't they play in private and worship the devil at halftime ?

and are you getting at futbol or rugby ?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

as you would suggest.

Im not suggesting, I know, so im telling you.

Have fun.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
...which was exactly the point of this thread. Most threads speculate about its evils with hardly any evidence at all, so it must be possible to speculate about its good.
Reply to: Skyfloating From: estimatedprophet
Everything is possible about these sports and the possibilities that they have been influencing the people very greatly in different views or perspectives down the decades tell these modern times. It's all how someone see's the sport, but in reality, the sports are fabricated or planed by great minds as to hypnotize the masses?"
"The reason for this ingenious work of brain washing is simply to keep the masses focused on these sports rather than the truth of what is happening around the world. For example: A time in history, the Romans used a simple yet barbaric sport that started it all, oh, and don't forget on the other side of the world you had the Aztecs and Mayans playing there sports too. Yes the crowds were cheering on the great events, but what the people witnessing did not care or even realized is that in reality they, the people were the real spectacle. Why was the mob or the fans the actual main event? "Will it's quite simple, their leaders or rulers of that time gave them something so that the people can be entertained!"
"By giving the people entertainment, intern the leaders of the world in that time, would win the favor of the people. So with the people giving there rulers or leaders favor or honor, intern the rulers of the people would favor them with more entertainment. Thus the kings and the Cesar's and the other tyrants would say to themselves and their counsel, give me your votes and I will give you more entertainment/sports!"
"Will the carnage was great and from the fans points of view, something like that today would look awesome, well, in a bad way!"
"But if the person or fan witnessing the sport was to put themselves on the other position, as to actually contending in the sport, it would be very terrifying!"
"But the people loved it, and their leaders were highly esteemed for it!"
"And after all that was going on, in those days, there was the hidden tool of power and the control of the people and masses! So how was all that possible, of having complete control of the populace? "Mind Control" and a master mind or minds behind it was vital to the rulers to subdue the populace!" For example, when one of these great events would occur or take place, the entire state or empire would be there to watch and witness the sport or event!"
"About any type of event were you can gather allot of people for some show of any-kind for that moment you have complete control over them all!"
And that is the same tool being used today to control the masses!
Yet the people don't know of it!
"Why is that possible? Well for that very instant a sport for example, the Superbowl, will have many people all over the world especially in the country were it resides from, focused for that moment on that sport!"
So for that moment, about 3/4 of the world, country or nation will be watching this supposed event and for that moment they will not give the @#$ about the world around them or the people who are suffering and even about their very own "Loves!"
"And so now you have allot of sports fanatics, setting on there couches and cheering there teams when the player don't even care who is watching as long as they get paid making money off these people!"
"What happened long ago is the same tool or concept of deception. But today rather than the people having the power they once had now is no more. Today the players in these sports are the rich and mighty, whereas back then the players were slaves, poor, tortured and killed.
"But the idea of the sport still captivating the minds of millions, is still and I would have to say tell this day stronger than ever, on the minds of the people who are watching!"
"Overall these events and sports were created, to some extent to control the population!"
For example, Soccer, the world cup, when all the nations and countries around the world, poor or rich are all tuned into this sport.
"Sports are not bad, it's the people who are bad, who actually start believing themselves that the sport is real. A perfect example of mind control and deception, that the people start becoming a part of the spectacle and entertainment that is not really real!"
"My judgment and views on this is actually based on truth because I have been witness to these events!"
And if you ever wounder why after a game, sometimes wither the fans team lose or wins, that the fans begin to go mad for no apparent reason as to sometimes start a mob or a little gang and then start rioting or causing chaos all from a meaningless sport?
"The answer is this: That the people are easily deceived and manipulated and fooled by a fabricated delusion, by the powers that be!"
And who are the powers behind these elaborate false perceptions on the minds of there victims?
"MASONS or WORLD LEADERS?"
[email protected]

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You checked where? lol

The website of every Grand body in Spain. It's not surprising that you have such a dismissive attitude toward even the most superficial of attempts at checking whether what you're saying is accurate.

Go check again.

Just for you, I did...still nothing.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Im not suggesting, I know, so im telling you.

Why don't you tell us how you know what you know? You know, like someone who had a leg to stand on would.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

Why don't you tell us how you know what you know?

What do you think the internet is, the source of all information?

Why should I tell you? You're going to have to take my word on it and if you don't then dont worry I dont lose anything and neither do you.

Hasta luego lukas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join