It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government sheltering Batman on airbase!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
OK...I thought I had been the one to "discover" this, but after running a quick search, apparently someone else beat me to this by a few months.

While searching Google Earth, because I was bored, I came across the famous Bat Signal! It's located on top of a hangar at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, Japan. The exact coordinates are:
26°21'28.40"N,
127°47'2.02"E

I've included an image as proof but go check it out yourself!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5406b15d312e.jpg[/atsimg]

Apparently it's the home of the 44th Fighter Squadron, also known as the Vampire Bats. Here's a link by someone who beat me to this find. I didn't however find any mention of this in ATS or BTS yet though. SO I'd thought I'd share.

edit on 25-8-2011 by webpirate because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ut oh wait til robin sees that. He never gets any credit!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

Ohhhh, so that's where Michael Keaton's been this whole time! Is that a real picture, if so, whats up with the Bat Signal (which is awesome btw)?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah...it's a real picture. Apparently, according to the PCWorld link I added, they aren't even really sure when the symbol was painted, but they think it was sometime in the 80's.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yeah most likely late 80s or early 90s. I remember being in elementary school trying to draw the Bat signal on all of my notebooks, but I sucked at drawing

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Haha, that's awesome. That's really all I have to say, but I wonder...

...not to be a Narutard or anything but I hope someday some squadron or unit has a picture of Itachi and his damn eyes as their symbol. Kudos to those who get that.

new topics

top topics

join