It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Chinese Star Gazers see the same "missile/UFO" as the Keck Observatory in Hawaii?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Some 1,500 kilometers north of Shanghai, several amateur astronomers said they spotted a “bubble-like object” above the suburbs of Beijing during a star-gazing event around the same time on August 20, Xinhuanet.com reported.

Link to the picture they took from Xinhuanet.comCNNGO.com

Here's the Keck Observation

So what do you think? Sure are launching lots of "missiles" lately huh?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Looks like an reflection in the lens.. or similar light artifact.

Perhaps caused by focusing

You can see it stops briefly then continues as if focusing was stopped or hit reistance on the focuser.

edit on 25-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
where you say it stops and starts again i think is something to do with the way it has been converted and compressed for youtube or some thing like that because the time stamp seams to speed up and slow down as well so it would appear that the original footage might be a smoother expansion of the bubble.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BinaryG
where you say it stops and starts again i think is something to do with the way it has been converted and compressed for youtube or some thing like that because the time stamp seams to speed up and slow down as well so it would appear that the original footage might be a smoother expansion of the bubble.

You beat me to it!

I had noticed that, but with footage of this quality (and given my expertise [lack-thereof] in photography), it's very difficult to say.

JennaDarling, care to venture outside of your thoughts on that one?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

I'm pretty confident the YouTube from the Keck observatory has been vetted as authentic and as a couple of people have pointed out the jerky motion is I believe an artifact of compression. When the video came out it was pretty much debunked as a missile test, which is why when I saw the picture from China which was also attached to a wider UFO sighting you can read about in the CNNGo.com link it really made me go hmmm.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That "Bubble" is HUGE

I am no rocket scientist but Ive never seen anything like that before.
Very very strange.
It seems the missle explanation is making the same rounds as swamp gas and weather ballons have.
What will they come up with next

edit on 25-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by adept2u

I'm pretty confident the YouTube from the Keck observatory has been vetted as authentic and as a couple of people have pointed out the jerky motion is I believe an artifact of compression. When the video came out it was pretty much debunked as a missile test, which is why when I saw the picture from China which was also attached to a wider UFO sighting you can read about in the CNNGo.com link it really made me go hmmm.

Ok, I just saw the circle perform jerking movements and pauses a number of brief times as if a focuser was being turned.

Why would compression give a circle? Unless it was compressing a reflection of light internally.

I assume the Keck obsercatory is a REFLECTOR type scope lol.

That circle maybe not outside the telescope, somtitimes light can appear to be huge but infact are local.

I get it all the time with my refractor binoculars (25x100) when i use them indoors, i see a huge flash then i realise it is inside.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The official explanation of the thing when it was observed was that it was an artifact of a missile launch, kind of like how they said the Norway spiral was also a missile launch, and here I'll show it to you

Now the Keck thing was a month month and a half ago, and the Chinese observation was on 8/20. So people are either cooking off missiles like no ones business or something else is happening.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I dont know if this is of any signifigance but I paused the video right as the bubble started on the horizon and put the mouse arrow right in its center. I then let it continue to play and noticed the center of the bubble moves to the left and up.

If anything, I would think that it would expand from the center (where it started) and just keep expanding from that point. But in the video the whole bubble moves at a 45 degree angle.

Also!! there are stars that are in a different place from the begining to the end of the video. I dont think they are planes because the amount they move would be alot for a plane to do in that amount of time. To se what I'm talking about , let the video load and just click the slider near the end and then near the begining. You will see several lights in different locations! All of which are moving AWAY from the bubble

Any thoughts on that?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A missile launch eh?

Where is the smoke and fire?

Won't the cameras on the scope be sensitive to red?

What kind of scale are we talking here in that video?

What diamater is that circle?

What is the field of view?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Well not really, the Keck thing was observed by basically a security camera now as far as the official explanation of it being a missile launch I'm obviously skeptical.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I haven't looked, but I'm fairly confident there are threads around surrounding the Keck Observatory event. In hindsight If I had been thoughtful I would have done the search and included a link to some discussion of it in the body of the piece. Here is where I talk about it in my own little bog

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Jennadarling~
If you would please visit the other links that are provided by the OP then you will see that there were other pictures of the event other than the keck observitory. So the explanation of it being "inside" the lense is thrown out the window.

~much love~

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
the description on the video in the OP:

Footage from a webcam on the Canada-France-Hawaii-Telescope on Mauna Kea in Hawaii presumed to have been caused by a test launch of a Minuteman III missile from California on June 22, 2011. The event was also captured by a camera on the Subaru telescope and witnessed by an observer with night-vision goggles.

From the article at CNNGo:

Ma Jing, an engineer with the National Astronomical Observatories, told Shanghai Daily that he took a set of pictures showing the object rise from the west like an "expanding round white cloud," but that the object disappeared several minutes later.

China News Service reported that a Russian communications satellite, the Express-AM4, disappeared after takeoff on the morning of August 18.

They are two seperate events both pointing towards a missle launch.

edit on 25-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Jennadarling~
If you would please visit the other links that are provided by the OP then you will see that there were other pictures of the event other than the keck observitory. So the explanation of it being "inside" the lense is thrown out the window.

~much love~

Well not everybody has high bandwidth, I just managed to see the small video.

That is why I hate images in the youtube format being linked.

Ok so its a big bubble, anybody estimate the width of the bubble?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

That is a question I would like answered too. It seems to be very large. But perspective is everything I guess.
Also did anyone else notice about 4-6 "stars" all of a sudden start to move away once the bubble formed? You can see which ones moved by clicking back and forth between the begining of the video and the end. To me they move to quickly to all be planes.

ETA: okay, just saw on the time stamp that this is in fast forward, but even then across 10 minutes those lights that move I doubt are airplane because now it seems that they would be too SLOW to be planes.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Originally posted by JennaDarling

That is a question I would like answered too. It seems to be very large. But perspective is everything I guess.
Also did anyone else notice about 4-6 "stars" all of a sudden start to move away once the bubble formed? You can see which ones moved by clicking back and forth between the begining of the video and the end. To me they move to quickly to all be planes.

Refraction?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

They start to move before the edge of the bubble reaches their view point. and they still continue to move even once the bubble is gone. dunno,

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That is odd. I dont think its refraction because some of the stars next to them dont move. If it was just 1 - 3 stars id say satalites but im counting at least 6 - 10 that are moving. They are all moving in the same direction at roughly the same speed which would indicte satalites to. Very strange.

Would like to see the original bit of film now so i can rule out any kind of video compression anomaly from youtube.

edit on 25-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Interesting, one youtuber posted this 1 month ago:

Could it be pressure from the earth. two earth plates that are building up pressure and that our magnetic energy is showing light from the ground up...so if this is true ...then soon we should expect a huge Earthquake whereever this is coming from and I been hearing about alot of cracks in the earth's crust ...crust displacement...I also researched that some have recorded lights shooting up before earthquakes like haiti and Japan...so maybe this is one of series of lights from pressure be4 quake

I call it a coincidence, just find it interesting as the earthquake on the east cost of the US and this guys casual post
edit on 25-8-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join