It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Elenin or not?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The coma of elenin is supposed to be 200,000 km or 124,000 miles as the recent news are saying.
The planet Jupiter is 143,000 km or 88,700 miles.
Jupiter is 9 times farther away than elenin...so how come the elenin is not 9 times bigger on this soho video?

Because of the low density gas surroundig it or maybe if we look through an infrared we will see the real elenin?

Your opinion?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

elenin is psyop bull

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

I mus say, i don't believe any of this Elenin stuff. it seems like yet another distraction. so much time and energy is being spent on this instead of the things we should be focusing on. I, personally, can't wait for it to pass and for everyone to wake up and stop falling for this sort of nonsense.
Now, about that major earthquake coming our way. I sure as hell hope it doesn't decide to strike when that hurrican hits. Talk about a one/two punch.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The minimum distance from earth to jupiter is 365 million miles.

Or did I miss your meaning?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

The coma of elenin is supposed to be 200,000 km or 124,000 miles as the recent news are saying.
Jupiter is 9 times farther away than elenin...so how come the elenin is not 9 times bigger on this soho video?

Because of the low density gas surroundig it or maybe if we look through an infrared we will see the real elenin?

Your opinion?

You are correct; the coma, though large, is not very dense.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Can a 120mm refractor or 25x100 binoculars see Elenin ?

I cannot try as the northern hemisphere doesn't see it until next year.

It is currently day time only in the north atm.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

er. Ignore me.
Misread the original post.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by geraldcole

Yes and this divided by 9 is approx. the current distance of elenin

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Maybe Elenin is not traveling alone. I have seen some video footage that seems to show two other objects with her. Two sisters. So the Stereo B images may be altered.

One of the sisters may come closer to earth than expected. That's what I think.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by borutp
reply to post by geraldcole

Yes and this divided by 9 is approx. the current distance of elenin

Okay I see what you mean, I'm with you now!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's based on the strength of the lens and the distance from that lens, it has to do with being a point source of light.

I think, but I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

The image of Elenin in that clip could be superimposed from a video taken at an earlier time. This reminds me of the pictures of the lunar rovers that NASA released. After a big build up, we see just pixelated squibs that show nothing.

Stereo B could of and should have shown some really spectacular pictures of Elenin. It is my opinion that we are being "jobbed". Also consider if Elenin is part of the Nibiru solar system then it too could be mostly visible in infrared. I would guess it to be about 14K not 4K and composed of some very dense matter. This is my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Any astronomers here have their own images of Elenin?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Stereo B could of and should have shown some really spectacular pictures of Elenin. It is my opinion that we are being "jobbed". Also consider if Elenin is part of the Nibiru solar system then it too could be mostly visible in infrared. I would guess it to be about 14K not 4K and composed of some very dense matter. This is my opinion.

Why do you hold this opinion? Given that the nucleus is less than 4 kilometers across, and that its tail is not very extensive, it is surprising that the comet is visible at all in these images! Why do you think the pictures should have been spectacular? Why do you think that because something does not confirm your own beliefs, we are being "jobbed?" Please explain how something can be part of the "Nibiru solar system" yet clearly be orbiting the Sun? Why would something from this mythical solar system mostly be visible in the infrared? Why do you believe comet C2010X-1 is very dense? It was observed passing through the asteroid belt and it had no effect on the asteroids it passed near, hence, has very little mass. Please explain your reasons for your opinions, I'm genuinely curious.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by borutp

Your opinion?

You are correct; the coma, though large, is not very dense.

!Hombre, tu por aqui! (translation) You again! Shoveling out the soft serve.

How do you know the coma is not very dense? Did you take a sample? We can read the same reports and look at the same visuals as you, one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

How do you know the coma is not very dense? Did you take a sample? We can read the same reports and look at the same visuals as you, one way or the other.

First of all, the fact that it has been expanding pretty much proves that it is not a solid, but a gas. The laws governing the behavior of a gas have been fully understood for nearly two centuries now. Unless constrained, they expand. Since matter is not created spontaneously, all of the material in the coma must have originated in the nucleus. Since the nucleus, however massive and, hence, dense, it really is is only a few kilometers across we can instantly see that the material has expanded to fill a volume 100,000,000 times larger than it did originally. In other words, however dense and massive you imagine the nucleus to be, the coma is at least one hundred million times less dense! Why is it we can see the same pictures and read the same measurements and yet you seem unable to believe their logical consequences?
edit on 25-8-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Sighting ignorance is not proposing a strong case for proof. Now show us these fantastic images from STEREO B you seem to think its supposed to take.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
astrobob.areavoices.com...

october seems to be the Northern hemisphere date of visbility.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Nibiru is (supposedly) coming from the other direction

Maybe they will collide in a huge galactic-level firework show, and we will have front-row seats.
How's that for luck

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Will us vikings up north north be able to see it all..??

It would be nice to show the kids...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join