It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd just like to Apologize To For my Statements Yesterday....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yesterday in a Earthquake thread I was making jokes about how everybody was over reacting to a 5.8 earthquake in Virginia...I don't need Stars or Flags this is just a "My Bad" thread to the people of the East Coast...I live in California and we have these all the time. What I didn't take into account is the soil conditions and depth make a huge difference in Every Earthquake..After seeing and reading a bit more on it I just wanted to Apologize for my Ignorance.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
Yesterday in a Earthquake thread I was making jokes about how everybody was over reacting to a 5.8 earthquake in Virginia...I don't need Stars or Flags this is just a "My Bad" thread to the people of the East Coast...I live in California and we have these all the time. What I didn't take into account is the soil conditions and depth make a huge difference in Every Earthquake..After seeing and reading a bit more on it I just wanted to Apologize for my Ignorance.

So what, make a joke, move on.

is this thread another joke? Lol

One thing i see on ATS is American's have no sense of humour, ever, they cannot get subtle humour, and they just react the opposite way and huff puff all serious.

Uhh, lighten up people?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Well, you've been here for just over a month, so it's probably safe to say that no one really took notice...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I wish some of the people on this website were nice like you OP, this is a mean website, most people get down right nasty, I cut back a lot on here because even the mods are shady, but I came back because I enjoy reading the threads about current events, but yeah don't let them get to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Even though you did not offend me...I appreciate the apology. You did something you realized that may be offensive to others... you realized it... admitted it...and let everyone know that you do care.......to me... you have showed a really good character in doing this. I'm just saying.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Well, you've been here for just over a month, so it's probably safe to say that no one really took notice...

Oh I've been here alot longer than a month..My email got hacked a while back so I changed account names because I lost my Password in my email. But thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
it would have probably been more appropriate to apologize on the thread where you offended people, rather than to actually make a thread about it..

edit on 24/8/11 by Misterlondon because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"even the mods r shady"
what was ur 1st clue?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

In most cases I would agree, but yesterday there were alot of people who have never felt an earthquake before and it downright scared the s@!# outta them, me included, some of the comments were really a waste of space by heartless ppl...

To the op, you personally didnt offend me, as I didnt see what you posted but thank you for coming back and apologizing, very few of the ats punks would do
what you did, kudos

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Even though you did not offend me...I appreciate the apology. You did something you realized that may be offensive to others... you realized it... admitted it...and let everyone know that you do care.......to me... you have showed a really good character in doing this. I'm just saying.

I heartily agree with caladonea here, it takes courage and strength of character to admit that you were wrong, no matter if nobody noticed or heeded your erroneous post.
The fact that you realised that you were wrong and made a public apology speaks volumes about your evolving self.
I didn't take any offence (probably nobody did but no matter!) but take pride in your humility, that takes real strength. I wanted to reply to this post in the hope that you grow from this little minor experience and take its small lesson with you throughout your life and realise that you are stronger in some small but powerful way, and acknowledge that what we perceive to be reality often is only our own personal one and that viewpoints are mutable and nothing is ever set in stone. (except stone!)
Thank you.
be safe.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well said. Kudos.

You know, it's easy to get blase about quakes in California. My wife and I experienced a tiny 3.5 quake soon after moving to California. We were so freaked out we sat outside on the sidewalk for several hours. Sure, we were laughed at. By the time we left California, we were certainly jaded by experiencing so many quakes out there. Once upon a time, I would have laughed at the folks out East, too. But, -yeow-, quakes are sure freaking wild if a person is not used to them.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Believe me, If you feel the need to apoligize everytime you offend someone you are probably in the wrong place. If I had a dime for every hate message I received I would be living next door to Bill Gates. Provactive discussion usually offends someone so be respectful always but don't be afraid to say what's on your mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yeah I suppose I should have placed an apology in the original thread but I figured the thread had died off an the people who were responding wouldn't revisit the thread an find out I apologized. So I figured anybody looking at the Fire Hose would see/know what I'm talking about and that way would receive the apology...I know I can't make everyone Happy on ATS nor do I even want to because lets face it some people aren't worth the conversation at this stage in their growth. After reading there was injuries and people losing cars/homes/Monuments I didn't think my comments were valid so I wanted to make right what I could...Thanks Every1

new topics

top topics

join