It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if a UFO's/Aliens worldwide event occurred?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was just thinking about the whole UFO's/Aliens thing and I realised that if an event occurred where they became known there would be such a small minority who actually thought of them as "peaceful". Most of the non-believers would be in fear and would probably act rashly like trying to shoot them down and most of the conspiracy theorists would shout "holograms from teh government! Don't believe it!" as that has been pushed on us from numerous sources

Don't you ever get the feeling that we are all being played? The films are all telling us aliens are evil and will destroy our world, so called ex-military and such are telling us they will be holograms made by the elite for control and others are saying Nibiru is here and it is a planetary ship that will kill us all.etc so naturally if an event did occur our train of thought would take us through those options whether you believe it or not. This is the real control, making us turn against the one thing which would help our planet if it were to happen.

conspiracy theorists used to be the ones who would be greeting them with open arms now we all think they are going to deceive us and turn us into slaves.etc

So what would you think if you saw a worldwide "event"?
Would you say "it's teh holograms"? maybe you'd hide in your previously constructed bunker? or maybe you'd grab your rifle/bullet launcher and get ready for Armageddon? I dunno but it would be interesting to see what people on here would do/think if this event did actually occur.

Personally I think we have all been played subliminally to fear/hate an event like this. I would do the complete opposite of what I am led to believe from this website and the media and I would not be in fear or act rashly and I would see what happened. Given the opportunity I would speak with them/observe what they are doing and judge there intentions for myself, but obviously if I was wrong I would be the first to say "sh*t, better get moving" haha.

So yea, post your thoughts and what you would do and think if this did happen

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
for some reason hollywood does not want anyone to pray if that happens

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Yep I agree. Its also the same with the subject of AI. AI will have the potential to set us free, solve our problems create true transparency in the financial markets and governments and remove all corruption. Yet people are programmed to believe it will kill us like in the Matrix and Terminator films.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
as a brit i'd sharpen up some old swords/knives i have around, stock up on tinned/dried stuff and let the crazies have their hour till they get bored and see if my uncle has a spare shotgun from his farming days stored away somewhere

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
While i think it would be ignorant to assume either, as we dont know if they would be hostile or peaceful, i am inclined to believe they would be peaceful. If the ancient astronaut theories have any shred of truth to them then that should tell us something. I cant imagine they could be any more hostile then we are to eachother. although there weapons are likely to be highly more advanced, if they even call them weapons.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What would I do if a UFO/Aliens worldwide event occurred? Same thing I do every day, Pinky. Try to take over the world.

Or maybe just surf ATS and watch the panic ensue. Depends how energetic I feel.

I guess nobody will know for sure because a lot depends on how society around you acts.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
first i would lmfao, then after i satisfied my ego with the I told you so's I would try to make contact, set up trade and start a multi-universal corporation and put everyone back to work wether on earth or off-world everyone not just a few everyone would benefit from the visitors as long as they are not trying to eat us......................

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would be very scared. i mean, we humans dont handle it well when fellow humans from another country 'move in next door' so, i would be scared. Unlesss they looked like those green chicks from Star Trek.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

If at all possible....I would approach them.....if they would allow me...I would enter their UFO and talk with them about why they are here.....where they are from.....etc. I would be very glad if they came to visit us.

Let's say too ......they look human.....(but they are not from earth)....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well if they are friendly, I would have to say "take me to your dealer", "I need to get off the forsaken rock", and "can I call you Paul"

Evil tyrants like the Ori, Goa'uld, or the Borg, try not to get assimilated, and fight till my dying breath.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think that in todays age, there are less "sheeple" than in the past. Don't get me wrong, there are still many but, all in all, I think a lot of people would be guardedly accepting.

It's really only in recent years that the scifi genre has pushed them more negative. I do believe that the gov uses the media (including the movies), to influence our perceptions of just how alien cultures might be.

Knowing that, makes one take a step back and think before they act.

I'd like to think that they are peaceful, are out doing exactly what we'd be doing if we have the technology, which would be seeking out new life and trying to understand our place in the universe.

Just because we're somewhat totalotarian doesn't mean the other races would be, at least I'd hope not.

I'd LOVE to have a converstation with someone from another world that had knowledge of other places, races and ideas!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Don't you ever get the feeling that we are all being played? The films are all telling us aliens are evil and will destroy our world, so called ex-military and such are telling us they will be holograms made by the elite for control and others are saying Nibiru is here and it is a planetary ship that will kill us all.etc so naturally if an event did occur our train of thought would take us through those options whether you believe it or not. This is the real control, making us turn against the one thing which would help our planet if it were to happen.

This about sums up a lot of the mystery of ufology...lots of hands at the pump or a lot of voices singing out of tune. All with conflicting interests and their own motivations. Hollywood wants money. CIA wants to control information. USAF doesn't want everyone poking around in their business. Paranoid freaks want people to share in their madness. King BSers like Bob Dean and Moulton-Howe want your attention and money. Sitchen wanted book sales.

Throw in all the sub-groups and clans within the UFO researchers and commentators community and BAM lots more smoke to very little fire.

Out in the skies we have some unusual stuff happening and that's at the core of all the BS. People forget how far they've travelled from 'Lights in sky' to fricking reptilians falling out with Nordics because the blood types of blah blah come to save us blah blah eat us blah evil

How do they get these awful space operas from moving lights?!

It goes on and on and on!

What would I do? I'd stfu and wait and see.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'd love it .. part of me would be terrified I think, but I'd love it .. I could almost see it being vaguely like "Signs", the one particular scene where the news starts discussing the events unfolding and people are glued to the tv in shock.

It really would be a very shocking thing that would terrify many, I do think there would be a lot of panic but I don't think it would necessarily be mass hysteria. I'm sure I'd not be into work for a while

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well if they're peaceful, go on with them. If not, well hide and wait for doctor/torchwood

That's not a plan but it's something

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I would explain to my family that a time has come when we all need to take extraordinary precautions in all that we do for some time to come.
People worldwide have been thrown a serious curve ball....thier Beliefs have been turned upside down (in some cases), and they are Upset...They may not be thinking right. People who may have been reasonably stable before this event may be highly unstable and thinking Irrationally.
next: I would try to figure out from an unbiased source what their intentions really are...

s & f for the thought provoking thread
edit on 24-8-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

whats up with all the ellipses?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
At the end of the day you are not in control of the life you have at present, here on earth....

You are governed daily by politicians, laws, policy and procedures, you just go to work if you are lucky enough to have a job and then after taxes and other bills have been taken out, you may be lucky then to have a little bit for yourself to do with as you wish...............

So if aliens were to land tonight, there isn't really much that you could do anyway, you would be watching TV or avidly listening to the radio for information and what was going on with the event.........

Personally, with this knowledge and the inability to do anything about a visit from other beings, I think I would go to the pub with some mates, sit at the bar with your favourite drink, and watch the mayhem manifest itself on TV....

Now that would be a really weird nights TV, but personally it would make a great nights viewing rather than watching the normal soccer match, hockey game, baseball, or whatever game you watch in your country.......

Then can you imagine in two years time on the anniversary of the alien landing date, you and your mates sitting at the same bar in the same pub, with aliens, having a beer, watching your favourite game on TV. But the main difference this time is the amount of alien players in the league, playing for teams you have watched for years, and the alien event which happened two years previously is but a distant memory.............

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I will call, fb instant message everyone I know and tell them to stay calm and remain in logical minds. I would access ATS for global news and access MSM to compare the data shared. Then I would go out side to see what can be seen. Once I am adjusted to the "PRESENCE" I will begin double check on everyone. Crazy thing is many around me have been preped suboconsciously for simular events. By me discussing many things with family / friends around me about GOD/CREATOR Angels/demons. SO for the most part those I encountered should be evaluating the situation fully w/o fear. Then I would await the POTUS and ALL other global leaders INCLUDING RELIGIOUS LEADERS FROM ALL RELIGONS to speak on it either to say Earth is under attack/invasion or we have Visitors who come in peace. Once the global speakers have shared the global data 1 will await next step based upon friendlies or haters. So up to that point this is what 1 would do..

Good question

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I will join the army to be ready to defend earth. If they are good, good. If they are bad, let's do this.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join