It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budd Hopkins RIP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I just received word that Budd Hopkins passed away today, after a long illness.

Here's the notice Leslie Kean sent out this evening:

Budd Hopkins

June 15, 1931 - August 21, 2011

I’m very sad to announce that Budd Hopkins died today, August 21, at 1:35 pm. Budd had been under hospice care for about three weeks, at his home in New York. The combination of liver cancer and pneumonia led to his death. His daughter Grace Hopkins-Lisle and I were with him almost continuously during these past weeks. He was not in any pain throughout any of the process, and he received the best possible care and loving support from those closest to him. Today he gradually slipped away, and simply quietly stopped breathing. He died peacefully and without any struggle, with Grace, Grace’s husband Andrew, and me by his side.

Thanks to all of you for being such strong supporters of this extraordinary man, who has contributed so much to our lives, in so many different ways.

- Leslie Kean

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Very sad; I read most of his books
Rest in Peace Budd

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Who is Budd Hopkins?

Never heard of him.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wow, first Gabe Valdez and now Bud Hopkins. Bud was one of the foremost through UFO, abductee and missing time investigators in history. He was more known to be a prominent painter, and sculptor, with his collections on display in the Whitney Museum, the Guggenheim Museum, Hirshhorn Museum, and at the Museum of Modern Art.
He was made famous with his investigation of North Hudson Park UFO sightings which occurred in New Jersey.
His research led to the critically acclaimed books about abductees, notably Missing Time, and Witnessed.
May you rest in peace Mr Hopkins, now you know the truth and the truth has set you free.
My sympathy and condolences to his friends and family.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sad news
. I enjoyed and learned so much from his books and was the first of the researchers who gave me a real insight of the abduction phenomena. May you Rest in Peace Bud and God bless your soul.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

He also wrote a book on a series of abductions that took place in brooklyn, one of the abductees being a foreign political person....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow, I was just watching an interview with him today.
He will be sorely missed.
We just lost another good one.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I enjoyed his books as well. Rest in peace Budd.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
RIP Budd.

I met him a couple of times and heard him speak a few. I may not have believed him always but he was a good man from what I saw and believed in what he was doing.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
RIP Budd, I've always enjoyed your work. Maybe you'll be reincarnated as a Gray or Reptilian, help prove those naysayers wrong......

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ufology lost a legend rip budd hopkins

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

RIP

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
That is sad news indeed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a67b8bd5065.jpg[/atsimg]

He was in my opinion a very important pioneer regarding the UFO abduction phenomenon who took that phenomenon very serious while the whole scientific community did not and still does not.
They still sticks with their views that it has absolutely nothing to do with Aliens but all to do with sleep-paralysis or peoples fantasies.
Budd put the UFO abduction phenomenon justly on the map due his excellent work and his books and was therefore taken very serious by Professor John Mack of psychiatry at Harvard who died in September 27, 2004.

Budd become a very important man for people who were convinced that they were abducted by Non Human intelligences but had nowhere else to go to.

Budd Hopkins thanks for all your excellent work.

RIP.

My thoughts are with his family & friends.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
He was daring enough to venture into the realm of research few could stomach, and a well known name in UFOlogy. We should give the upmost respect.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
im feel the deep cut of our loss... so sad but everyones time must come.
how amazing that Budd chose to dedicate his life to a real phenomenon that has unreal implications.
you will deeply missed budd!

who will take his place....?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
RIP

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If it's anyway to die, I would hope it's peacefully.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
RIP Budd
May you finally be in a better place hopefully filled with answers about life.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sad lose... Hopkins, Freidman and that woman with the google eyes who did 'Strange Harvest(?)' where more or less the staples of UFOlogy during the 90's when I had the most interest in the subject.

Haven't kept up with his work since then though, did his theories ever go wild like alot of them have or did he keep fairly consistent and grounded to the end?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Very sad to hear of this. He made a huge contribution to the field. He was a trusted soul in an area that was confusing scary and terrorizing for his participants. He was kind and had a genuine interest in the person.
Rest in peace Budd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join