It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Combat Rifle of all time.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It does have what appears to be the flash suppressor from the AK74. But yea, little seems to have changed.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b42b7a5da86.png[/atsimg]

The winchester repeater.

It was grandfather claused in as an exception for the Brady bill.

It gains value over the years.

It can still stop a horse in one shot.

David Grouchy

I own a Winchester Model 94 and a Marlin 336 and love them both. I normally don't don't hun Elk with either, but have in the past. I use my Remington 7400 30/06

Image isn't of mine. I have a much better scope. Just found one that looks simular.

www.grantcanyonoutfitters.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b42b7a5da86.png[/atsimg]

The winchester repeater.

It was grandfather claused in as an exception for the Brady bill.

It gains value over the years.

It can still stop a horse in one shot.

David Grouchy

I own a Winchester Model 94 and a Marlin 336 and love them both. I normally don't don't hun Elk with either, but have in the past. I use my Remington 7400 30/06

Image isn't of mine. I have a much better scope. Just found one that looks simular.

www.grantcanyonoutfitters.com...

Winchester Model 94 is an amzing gun.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm going to have to say the CheyTac M200 shoots a special .408 for my long range, followed by a 1921 Thompson Submachine Gun, firing Colt .45 rounds.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Only a fool would choose a non-auto, especially the bolt action, which is 5-6 times as slow for a repeat shot. Most shots in combat miss, most hits are poor ones. Don't be stupid about this. The HK's trigger pull sucks a root, and it can't be fixed, except by "set trigger" stuff, no use in rapidfire. the 30-30 will NOT reliably stop a horse, unless you brain it or sever the spine. dont believe all the lies you hear about guns and ammo.
edit on 8-10-2011 by linkedbelts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Gotta love the Winchester 30-30. My first rifle after graduating from the BB gun and .22 rifle.
The only drawback is it has to be totally cocked and half fired to set set it without a safety on the old models. it can be somewhat dangerous. i have seen one dropped and go off before it was set on half-cock.

The AK-47 seems to be the most durable and reliable.
I like the German version of the Sturmgewehr 44 (StG44) and also like the MG-42.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well i am not sure if its in use yet but I am almost sure some spec ops use it....I would have to say the M-16/M-4 platform with 6.8 SPC is going to be the rifle of the future. It is one potent round....But otherwise I'd say the good old M-1. Bulllet proof design in a great caliber. Brings you back to America's glory days. Plus the distinctive ping is pretty ingenious I think as just one last mental reminder.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
the deadliness really says it all ;D i'll take the 7.62 that goes thru 8" of wood, over accuracy.. but I'll let this vid tell it all..

Fired the M16..interesting to note is that most of us that fired a rifle before boot camp, couldn't hit a damm thing with it first time on the firing range .. the DI's even gave us the warning.. ;D they were right.. I was pissed.. LOL..

anyways.... watch the Vid.. I think it says it all..

Accuracy vs. Deadliness.. I'll let you be the judge .. Enjoy and remember.. you'll be in a close fire fight ..

edit on 9-10-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Any idea how I can persuade the dutch government to make guns legal?

From time to time I read one of these guns threads and after reading I have this feel of emptiness, sadness and feel incomplete.

I tried air-pistols, air-rifles.....but they do not give the aquiered satisfying bang for my buck.

Isn't there some american family who would like to adopt me...?

I am 47 years old and 200 pounds...and able to make a killer pinutbutter sandwich

btw...I do not know much about rifles and guns but I would give my left arm for that winchester repeater....

edit on 9/10/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I really don't think you can beat this gun for long range shooting and is an anti-tank gun. www.youtube.com... shoots at very, very long distances. You won't even be in my range to get a shot off and hit me when i have this baby.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by therealwolf90

watching the tv show "combat" vic morrow had a thompson .45 which was way cool but gage or kirby had the BAR!

i think either would work just as good today.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
no, they don't work just as well today, that is why we no longer use them. the enemy was stupid enough to have BOLT ACTIONS in WW2 and Korea, so an overweight gun and rd, and short range (with the tommygun) could be gotten away with. Against the AK and RPK, you'd get chewed up badly, so the M16 rules.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join