It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa, I think we really misinterpreted the meaning of this crop circle...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm amazed that people are still discussing the origin of crop circles.

For those that are unsure, let me confirm these circles are made by well known artists who return each year for the annual crop circle season. People are arrested every year after being caught in the act, and yes some of these are students with "stick and planks".

Whilst these circles are undoubtedly man made, there proximity in the south west of England links them to pagan sites (most notably stone henge, a possible pagan observatory). The druids held strong astrological beliefs and the more serious crop circle artists (who may even be druids themselves) may well incorporate these beliefs into their designs.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

You don't seem to understand the goat-sheep effect. I suggest you look it up.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Dont mistake my silence for ignorance. Its just that I dont care.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruffrider

For those that are unsure, let me confirm these circles are made by well known artists who return each year for the annual crop circle season. People are arrested every year after being caught in the act, and yes some of these are students with "stick and planks".

Whilst these circles are undoubtedly man made, there proximity in the south west of England links them to pagan sites (most notably stone henge, a possible pagan observatory). The druids held strong astrological beliefs and the more serious crop circle artists (who may even be druids themselves) may well incorporate these beliefs into their designs.

You have witnessed this?

Show me some video of people caught in the act and I will believe you. I want them caught in the act of creating a complex crop circle.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's not complex, and it's not proof but it's the truth.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8982af64b4a5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yes because those patterns, symbols at that scale can easely be made in the dark, and completely finished in one night.

Please explain why there are no pictures of "half-finished" crop cirlces. Surely you must understand that some can simply not be done overnight right?
What about the radiation readings found in SOME of them?, peeps from japan at work? Seriously you can't dismiss everything is man made.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

People like you seriously devalue this forum and contribute to pages and pages of waste reading.

If you actually did a little research on the subject (Google is a good place to start) you may be able to educate yourself about the techniques used to create some of the more "complex" designs.

You will always read in local papers around this time of year about X amount of people who have been arrested and charged with criminal damage for attempting to create a circle. I used to live there and I know some of the people responsible for making them as well as people who have been arrested for making them.

I hope you think more carefully next time before laughing at someone else's opinion without properly assessing the facts.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

A team of artists can quite easily complete a circle overnight under the right conditions. (a full moon and clear sky, high powered lamps.) Have you noticed how the designs have improved year after year as the artists become more experienced and technology improves? Its quite easy to recognise individual artists from the style of the circle.

Some of the more complex designs (by well known artists) are done with the permission of the land owner. Crop circles are big tourist attractions now and are famous all over the world.

If you're interested to see what an unfinished circle looks like just tap 'unfinished crop circle' into Google images and see what comes up.

You may also be interested in "Tanbo" which is Japanese art created in rice fields.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

You should look it up. It shows that your suggestion is not new and it is nothing more than an excuse for failure. But maybe as you suggest, you don't care to be shown that your suggestion is nothing more than an old excuse as to why crop circle and other hoax claims are failures.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

A team of artists can quite easily complete a circle overnight under the right conditions. (a full moon and clear sky, high powered lamps.) Have you noticed how the designs have improved year after year as the artists become more experienced and technology improves? Its quite easy to recognise individual artists from the style of the circle.

Some of the more complex designs (by well known artists) are done with the permission of the land owner. Crop circles are big tourist attractions now and are famous all over the world.

If you're interested to see what an unfinished circle looks like just tap 'unfinished crop circle' into Google images and see what comes up.

You may also be interested in "Tanbo" which is Japanese art created in rice fields.

OK, nice explanation to SOME of my responses, how about the radiation?

I know there are man-made out there, i saw a bunch of documentaries about it and how they make em. But to me not all are human made, and why o why are ALL alien, UFO, or universe related? While we know artists are making them (atleast some of them)? Why not one of the president, or a monument on earth?

Dismissing everything being human-made with the 2 things mentioned above in mind doesn't seem to fit.

- Why was there radiation?
- Why is every one alien, UFO or universe based?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Please explain why there are no pictures of "half-finished" crop cirlces. Surely you must understand that some can simply not be done overnight right?
What about the radiation readings found in SOME of them?, peeps from japan at work? Seriously you can't dismiss everything is man made.

How do you know all crop circles are finished? How do you know that the art has missing pieces?

Don't you think that the people that do these know how much can be done in one effort? It's called project management.

The old fake radiation claims and all of the rest of the woo. These are man made. Every year there are plenty of corn mazes that are complex.

Notice how over time it took more and more elaborate crop circles just to make the news. The original artwork wouldn't even catch attention today. It's the difference between a child's and an adult's artwork.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

How do you know all crop circles are finished? How do you know that the art has missing pieces?

Don't you think that the people that do these know how much can be done in one effort? It's called project management.

The old fake radiation claims and all of the rest of the woo. These are man made. Every year there are plenty of corn mazes that are complex.

Notice how over time it took more and more elaborate crop circles just to make the news. The original artwork wouldn't even catch attention today. It's the difference between a child's and an adult's artwork.

Any sources to your claims of FAKE radiation readings?

So it just 'happens' that EVERYONE who got arrested practicing this illigally on other man's land just happen to finish there work before arrested? Sorry that is very doubtful.

And why only Alien, UFO or universe based crop art? Why not earthly art?
edit on 24-8-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Why not one of the president, or a monument on earth?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Why not one of the president, or a monument on earth?

OK, any source? This looks way more photoshopped then actual crop circle.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Any sources to your claims of FAKE radiation readings?

Any TRUTHFUL sources to your radiation claim?

So it just 'happens' that EVERYONE who got arrested practicing this illigally on other man's land just happen to finish there work before arrested? Sorry that is very doubtful.

I made no such claim.

And why only Alien, UFO or universe based crop art? Why not earthly art?

There are all sorts of geometric patterns. It is the person viewing this installation art that sees it as alien, ufo, or universe art. It is the interpreter of the abstract images that sees what they want to believe.

The compelling part of this art form is to watch people making absurd statements such as these being messages from aliens, or claims of energy vortices, etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Any TRUTHFUL sources to your radiation claim?

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

If you want more use Google, Link 3 was MIT study, call this pretty TRUTHFUL don't you agree?

I made no such claim.

This comes from your reply: "How do you know all crop circles are finished? How do you know that the art has missing pieces?"

Nuff said

There are all sorts of geometric patterns. It is the person viewing this installation art that sees it as alien, ufo, or universe art. It is the interpreter of the abstract images that sees what they want to believe.

The compelling part of this art form is to watch people making absurd statements such as these being messages from aliens, or claims of energy vortices, etc.

Yes Geometric patterns, nothing Familiar! Nothing instantly you can reconize as earthly or as intended. All 'misterious' patterns.

Claiming everything is human-made is just as absurd, since it cannot be 100% proven.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I ask for truthful links and you link to an unsubstantiated blog. FAIL.

The next link is from a write up which is more promising. I noticed that the first author is the same one that was involved in the nutrasweet makes good ant poison claim and was also caught faking data for this claim that water that is microwaved is dangerous claim. The second author was studying Renaissance literature. He is often claimed to be a nuclear physicist. Weird.

The paper is not well written. It often relies on hyperbole such as "exquisitely sensitive equipment". The sentence should have referred to the equipment used.

From the article

it is far from clear that radiation anomalies are a general property of crop circles

In fact, it is unclear as to whether the issue arises from the soil or from the laboratory.

We think contamination unlikely for the same reasons a hoax

They assume instead of studying the situation - a common practice of the pseudosciences.

The third possibility that is not discussed is the fact that they could have had contamination in the lab. Nowhere does the article mention how the samples were collected, the amounts that were collected, how long a period of time lapsed between the sampling and the analysis, or the the equipment and methods used for the analysis.

So they create this idea about deuterons and then have to provide a source. They speculate on a "plasma vortex." So then they suggest if they can find something in 1992, then "meteorologists will have the burden of proving that their hypothesized plasma vortex can produce them." It doesn't work that way.

So where is their 1992 paper?

The third link was to a blog. FAIL.

If you want more use Google, Link 3 was MIT study, call this pretty TRUTHFUL don't you agree?

No. Link 3 mentions nothing.

This comes from your reply: "How do you know all crop circles are finished? How do you know that the art has missing pieces?"

And your response had nothing to do with what I stated.

Nuff said.

Yes Geometric patterns, nothing Familiar! Nothing instantly you can reconize as earthly or as intended. All 'misterious' patterns.

Claiming everything is human-made is just as absurd, since it cannot be 100% proven.

None of the crop circles has been shown to be anything other than installation art.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Ghost375

I have also been researching on the significance of planetary alignments and numerology on world affairs manipulated by the NWO/illuminati, and I can confirm that humanity is going to go through some MAJOR changes between the September 28th 2011 - January 1st 2012 period.

Actually, a false flag event by TPTB sometime in September (not 9/11 obviously) will be a catalyst to such events and I shall reveal my research on a thread on ATS soon.

Either than that, excellent work OP!

edit on 21-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

What are you gonna call your new thread, so I may keep an eye out for it? TIA

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ruffrider

I'm opened minded on this... I agree that it seems a little odd to be a super intelligent extra-terrestrial life form and leave a message in something simple like corn. Surely they'd have the ability to imprint these messages in anything they fancied - melted in tarmac, or branded on cattle etc. They travel light years, albeit through worm-holes maybe, to reach our little blue planet and they only turn up in July/August and just happen to know that wheat fields are an excellent medium for informing us of our impending doom etc. It does seem very strange once you look at it from this angle. That said.......

How the heck does a human (or bunch of them) sneak into a field after dark, and with no light source (else that would be reported), manage to create (in many cases), incredibly intricate signs and patterns in the middle of crop fields??? There are just too many people about to do it with the aid of lighting, or to park their cars in a layby, or walk along the road, without someone asking what the hell they're up to. As for planks and string - that's just too basic for these amazing patterns and besides, it's been investigated and the crops are often strangely snapped off. What's more... how the heck can you see in the dark? The only thing you could create in the dark, with planks and string is a number of basic circles, as you shortened or lengthened the string...

So...

Please explain how these are created in such a short time frame, in total darkness and without being spotted by the many humans that travel about all hours?!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Some of the original pranksters used to sneak up behind the kooks that were pretending to do actual research and make crop circles right behind them just to toy with them. This was done to groups with claims of all sorts of sophisticated devices. There they were watching one field and the pranksters would slip behind them and laugh and laugh and laugh ....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join