It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds I have not seen Over Cornwall, UK Before - Thought I would share - Images and Small Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Following on from my pledge to always have a decent camera on me at all times I bought a Panasonic Lumix GH2 with 1920x1080HD video) I have taken some interesting (well to me anyway) images and a small video of some rather odd cloud formations above The Royal Cornwall Show ground here in Cornwall, United Kingdom. Images were taken at 1600GMT on the 20th August 2011.

Not seen anything like these before, very strange to look at but I must confess I know nothing about cloud formations at all.

Anyway, thought I would upload them for you good people, also looking for an little enlightenment on the subject.
Please feel free to comment and maybe even share your images and video's of clouds of interest.

Images
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f66cabfa78a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e96336257db.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7d5050e2e8b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afb40f84ba3c.jpg[/atsimg]

HD Video

Sorry about the focus on some of the video, still getting to grips with the camera and also need a slightly longer lens.

Anyway, interested in your thoughts and look forward to learning some info about clouds.

Thanks for looking

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Nice big photos I like that. The crack like cloud looks odd but the rest are common here in Oregon/ca coast.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
OMG.. I have seen those before..
those are clouds youd see just before the world ends

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nice pics and vid.

I think these are called Mammatus clouds, I could be wrong, I'm not a cloud expert.

I've seen them a number of times in the states, kinda freaky when you do see them overhead.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've noticed that too, been seeing clouds around my area that I've never seen before and I just love watching the sky when I'm out and about, puzzled me but I'm sure it's just the norm

We'll see

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've too started to notice these type of formations in London, UK. Might just be a coincidence i guess...

The first two pics looks like a distance mountain effect where you got several layers all painted in white to form clouds.

The rest of the pics looks almost man-made but then again, am no cloud expert nor would i know what man-made would really look like.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
Nice pics and vid.

I think these are called Mammatus clouds, I could be wrong, I'm not a cloud expert.

I've seen them a number of times in the states, kinda freaky when you do see them overhead.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is indeed what thet are but not very good ones at that! You typically see them just before an approaching thunderstorm.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

They look like the ones we had over our heads here in Portugal today, and here they are not that common, but I have seen them on other occasions.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys, very interesting to say the least. There was reports of a storm heading this way today but nothing materialised in the end so as has been stated, it could well be related. Seems these and similar clouds are starting to appear in places they are not normally associated with.

Anyone have any images of cool clouds they would like to add

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I took these photos in Needham, Ma, USA on 6-9-11 at the end of the workday because I had never seen clouds like this before. This storm rolled in with a wicked intensity.

I too, learned of the Mammatus cloud after reading this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just seems odd people are now just starting to see this cloud now for the first time

edit on 22-8-2011 by Semaphore527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by Semaphore527 because: spellign

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Semaphore527

Holy Hell, that looks like the entrance of ships in the movie Independence Day

Cool Images, will have a read of the thread you have posted to. I guess more and more of us are looking up more than we used to.

Thanks for the images and link

edit on 22-8-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Those are great pictures StarTraveller , i think they might be the new classification of cloud called Asperatus Cloud

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39e0c126786b.jpg[/atsimg]
A possibly new variety of cloud, the asperatus, coats the sky in Perthshire, Scotland, in an undated picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/606fb76c91df.jpg[/atsimg]

Undulatus asperatus (or alternately, asperatus) is a cloud formation, proposed in 2009 as a separate cloud classification by the founder of the Cloud Appreciation Society. If successful it will be the first cloud formation added since cirrus intortus in 1951 to the International Cloud Atlas of the World Meteorological Organization.[1] The name translates approximately as roughened or agitated waves.

Source Wiki

edit on 22-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Nice camera!!

The clouds were for David CaMoron's benefit as he was in Cornwall on holiday....
www.telegraph.co.uk...

It was the UK's version of the Norway spiral when Obama visited....

top topics

join