It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual size of the universe.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

In fact, most skeptis don't say that we are alone... They say that we haven't been visited by aliens, which is entirely possible and probable since the lack of proof. Intelligent life visiting us is not the same as life/intelligent life in the Universe. The existence of intelligent life is statistically probable even in our galaxy, let alone the universe.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
the "carina nebula" that i saw, is it shown in its "real colors"? the images in your thread are awesome and mind blowing! and just imagine that it all might be a holographic illusion > twm.co.nz... and my own theory > www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Lets just say the size of the universe is it's own unit of measurement. If it isn't infinite: which I don't think it is: then we call it 1 unism ( Universe size measurement). HOW BIG IS IT? 1 UNIS

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
and what is beyond this unit,our universe? another one and another one and another one?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
V V Cephei is not the largest known star, V Y Canis Majoris is, according to this link > en.wikipedia.org...]
edit on 4-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
Lets just say the size of the universe is it's own unit of measurement. If it isn't infinite: which I don't think it is: then we call it 1 unism ( Universe size measurement). HOW BIG IS IT? 1 UNIS

What is the structure, dimension, power that can impose a limit on space itself from being an infinite structure?

What is the structure, dimension, power that can impose a limit on the whole of time itself from being an infinite structure?

I propose both are infinite, both are "composed" of the identical foundational "material" where as space is the characteristic of absolute static (voltage, non-kinetic) and time is the characteristic of absolute spherical kinetics (current). It is when time (out from the future) impacts the infinite impedence it stops for an infinitesimal duration to become infinite space (the present), where as it implodes back into its default state of absolute kinetic and returns to be time (as all the past).

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
nothing lasts forever...nothing goes on forever...forever is a word like the words... perfect,nothing,nowhere,beautiful,ugly,rich and poor...they have no real and clear meaning whatsoever

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Force of gravity on earth 9 metres per second per second. Known as g. Therefore isze of universe 1 unism not that different: gravity on all planets is not g just ours.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

One thing I've always wondered:

How the HELL do they have a side shot of the Milkey Way galaxy, showing OUR POSITION, if we're inside of it?

Either they're lying to us and that's a pic of another galaxy or there's something they're not telling us about our space travel capabilities...

NASA has told you everything!

(DO NOT look at my avatar or research this thread!: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The universe could be the size of a . depending on how you look at it, its all subjective

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
So our universe isn't a flat pancake.
It is an hourglass just because we haven't mapped triangular sections of it yet.
And our universe is so vast in every direction that it is like a large sphere where there is a horizon in every direction that we can't see past.
edit on 16-8-2011 by ren1999 because: grammar

That and the fact that our understanding of "our universe" likely doesn't take into account the more than likely "other universes" that we haven't been able to pick up on yet b/c their light hasn't had enough billions of years to reach us, yet....

"Big bangs" theory anyone?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

its not very often that im lost for words
s+f

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
the visual comparison of the star sizes presented by the op and how the huge ones are suddenly dwarfed by the next larger one and so on and so on is really humbling and truly amazing to behold...wow!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

The overall size of the universe is beyond mind boggling. Even to a skinny grey alien.

I too was caught offguard by the size of some of those stars next to our own sun. Holy...!

If ya'll like size comparisons and UFOs, make sure to check out my scaling projects. (see Sig)

PS- Star + Flag for you Klaas!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
wow Scramjet76!!! ,your scaling project is awesome, i'll look at it again and again...i wish i knew how to arrange all those graphics and images like that, i'm not so computer savy,yet...thanx!
edit on 7-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Thanks man!

What a great thread we have here though. Those hypergiant stars are insane. Then it gets even more dizzying thinking even those suckers are specs of sand in the universe. And it wouldn't surprise me to find out our universe is small compared to other 'soap bubbles' in the multiverse.

Thought I'd add this to the mix on star sizes:

edit on 7-9-2011 by Scramjet76 because: 4fun

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
nice link!...and just what am i suppose to think and feel after really looking at it and really thinking about what i just looked at? and then...go outside on a clear night and look up!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
For another great few on size watch the next video... Awesomness...... !

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
"where is the otherside of a universe that never ends"? > www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Infinite! The Universe is Infinite. It is one of Infinte numbers of other Universes and Infinite Beyonds and infinite varieties of each. No caps on this or limits or its finite. And finite it never occurred or would already be gone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join