It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs as he attended domestic dispute

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You mean Whitehall cops? I do not think an officer going on a 911 domestic dispute equates to needed violence against the cops. Dogs should be restrained by the owner no matter who is entering the premises. I've worked in a service sector and have left many homes because owners would not restrain their dogs, even the ankle biters, I've kicked many over the years.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
A father of two killed because he pointed a taser at two dogs?

WRONG!

There's no way that the lives of those dogs were worth more than the life of Robert Lasso.

Hitcho Jr should be put away for a long long time.

In this instance, the cop certainly appears to be the clear victim - unlike most other cop related threads we see on ATS.

Are you this outraged and scream how wrong it is when police kill a man over a police dog? Attacking a Police dog in the USA is the same as attacking a Police Officer and can be met with deadly force.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
The lives of fun-loving, loyal, defend-their-master-at-all-costs dogs are worth FAR more than fascist, brainwashed, will-oppress-for-paycheck morons. No room for disagreement.

Try telling that to the 31 year old police officer's two children.

Statements like your's show what's wrong with the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Good!

Perhaps now the self proclaimed authority figures will think twice about threatening a member of someones family with a weapon. I applaud the man who defended his furry childs life..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Are you this outraged and scream how wrong it is when police kill a man over a police dog? Attacking a Police dog in the USA is the same as attacking a Police Officer and can be met with deadly force.

Please link me to a thread on ATS where police have killed anyone for attacking a police dog?

I haven't read any, so I might have missed it.

Nice of you to post a completely off-topic smokescreen though, MrWendal. It shows the desperation to try and justify Hitcho Jr's actions.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

You reall think the cops are going to call before the arrive on a 911 call.....what are you thinking? Then ask to restrain any animals you have? People come first and their protection.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

no..I don't mean whitehall cops..whatever that means..I mean cops who use excessive force..and end up killing innocent people.. .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I'm not on the side of anybody. My position is that cops should be prepared to handle the circumstances without resorting to deadly force every time they are the least bit threatened.

Oh, the poor fascists' kids that would have grown up brainwashed to support fascism! How will I sleep at night?
My only regret is that those poor kids were born to a fascist brainwashed moron...

Contradiction much?

It took a few minutes and replies to see that your alleged neutrality is a farce.

This thread is a troll's paradise. Normally, I would indulge in it, happily. However, you're not worth my time or my responses.

A 31 year old, father of two did not deserve to die because he was threatened by attacking dogs while doing his job. Hitcho Jr is going to have a long time thinking about that in his confined space.

Carry on the trolling in this trollish thread...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Show me were this policeman used excessive force? If he pulled his taser on the dogs, I'm sure it wasn't because they were licking him, and were does it give this lunatic to the right to pull a shotgun and kill him?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sad story. If you can't keep a dog under control then don't own one.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

Show me were this policeman used excessive force? If he pulled his taser on the dogs, I'm sure it wasn't because they were licking him, and were does it give this lunatic to the right to pull a shotgun and kill him?

If you read my original post.. what I said was in reply to someone who said that the death penalty should exist for anyone committing homocide...

I said that this should include cops who have killed innocent people with undue physical force such as in the case of the fullerton police beating an innocent homeless man to death.

PLEASE read what my posts refer to before making accusations and comments that make no sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, this could have just as easily gone the other way and we would be seeing a thread on ATS entitled "Man kills two dogs, tazes family while investigating domestic violence"

Do I agree with the death of anyone, including that of a power hungry police officer, no way. Is this an incident where the tables turned on all the recent police brutality and excessive force accusations...yes.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There was an interesting comment in on the end of the article. Not sure if it is true, but if it is, it gives some insight into the situation:

Matt, Augusta, GA - get the facts before you comment. This police officer was responding to a call from a citizen. The complainant indicated that the suspect had threatened him. The police officer was attempting to get the suspect's story, when the jerk sicced his dogs on the officer.

The officer requested back up & his superior (this is a very small town) arrived to see the officer, taser in hand trying to ward off the dogs without use of force. The chief assessed the situation & ordered the officer to tase the dogs - in self-defense.

That is when the suspect opened fire with a shotgun, mortally wounding Officer Lasso. This suspect has been in trouble with the law numerous times & his neighbors lived in fear of him, knowing he had at least the one weapon.

Many of the neighbors say that they feared this guy would doing something awful, but none ever believed he would kill a police officer. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

I don't see pointing a stun gun at my dog as a reason to pull out a shotgun and start blasting away. Even though I love my dog.
Phasers were set to stun, not kill. This man lost his life, police officer or not, over ignorance.

Ignorance is not knowing that tasers do more than stun. They can kill.

Yes and so can shotguns apparently. Did this police officer actually shoot the dog with a stun gun or are we now killing people for what they could have done? Kind of like Precrime.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Unreal ... you shoot a cop because your dogs are threatening to attack him and he points his taser at them.

I hope they strap Hitcho to a gurney.

Some peoples dogs are their children , just law enforcement dogs are people.
if the cops were pointing anything at your children how would you respond????
i understand that its a sad tale but under the circumstances the cop should have used a different approach or just removed himself as directed by the property owner.

and by the way, if you kill a cop dog you're going to prison for murdering a policeman, so now figure it out

edit on 15-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

My daughter isn't capable of biting the officers neck into pieces or at the minimum, preventing him from doing his job. Animals are not children. Plus the policeman never touched the dogs.
edit on 8/15/2011 by mugger because: add

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join