It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Snitch Mom", London, turns her rioting daughter to the Police!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Incredible... and she's urging all parents to snitch on their children as well!

A mother who turned her own daughter into police after discovering she was allegedly involved in rioting, has urged other parents to do the same. Adrienne Ives, 47, said the decision to tell detectives she had spotted her 18-year-old Olympics ambassador daughter Chelsea taking part in this week's riots was 'gut-wrenching'.

The talented athlete was stripped of her role as 2012 Olympic ­ambassador after being charged with burglary, violent disorder and hurling bricks at a police car. However, Adrienne, 47, said that she had no choice but to contact officers.

She told the Daily Mirror: 'Any parent who loves their child should find the courage to do what we did.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

That's not out of "1984", but from a real news article from the Dailymail! While I know how this media outlet is a lot into tabloid and right-wing propaganda, this info seems pretty much legit.

This is what you get from people who take part in this Orwellian society of control, and I guess her daughter was just fed off by this whole nightmarish world where the corporate rule takes over every aspect of life, to later destroy it.

Now you can guess what these Olympics are really about...

edit on 15/8/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good on her, If my father saw me breaking the law hed do the same in a heartbeat. Why should she get special treatment from her mother if shes taking part in a useless riot thats going to accomplish absolutely nothing good?

I'd just also like to add that if she was angry at the corporations that run the world, why attack small shops and not go after the actual offices or buildings of the corporations. Destroying your neighbors shop is just going to help the corporations, not destroy them.
edit on 15/8/2011 by BigBruddah because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I take it you aren't English.

The riots were not about protesting against the government or poverty. They where about a bunch of thieving scumbags trying their luck to get some free stuff.

This mother did the right thing. Her daughter wasn't standing up for her beliefs against an oppressive regime (she could have been, but she wasn't). She was being swept up in mob mentality which led to random acts of violence and theft.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
That is not how to parent.

All she did was hurt her athletic future.

That family going to have problems now, talk about causing a lifetime of hate and hurt in your own family.

Maybe if she set a better example as a mother she wouldnt be in that position.

edit on 15-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

That family going to have problems now, talk about causing a lifetime of hate and hurt in your own family.

Actually this is extactly how to parent .

I would expect my parents to do the same .

I would also do the same to my children

Sometimes only way to learn a lesson is the hard way

Parents who let it slide are hurting there children not protecting them in the long run.

This is great and i wish more parents were responsible like this...

instead of sugar coating parents

I tip my hat to this mother ! for turning her in

if only more people were good parents like this

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Seems like that was the girls fault for participating in a riot.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by maskfan
I take it you aren't English.

The riots were not about protesting against the government or poverty. They where about a bunch of thieving scumbags trying their luck to get some free stuff.

This mother did the right thing. Her daughter wasn't standing up for her beliefs against an oppressive regime (she could have been, but she wasn't). She was being swept up in mob mentality which led to random acts of violence and theft.

I totally agree. The bloody chavs even started smashing windows here in Essex. My local Tesco Metro didn't have any windows by the time the scum was finished. Who loots a bloody Tesco? And don't even get me started about how the same scum element orders pizzas and then kicks the poo out of the delivery driver so they can get a free feed. *grrr*

Rev

edit on 15/8/2011 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Actually this is extactly how to parent .

I would expect my parents to do the same .

I would also do the same to my children

Sometimes only way to learn a lesson is the hard way

Parents who let it slide are hurting there children not protecting them in the long run.

This is great and i wish more parents were responsible like this...

instead of sugar coating parents

I tip my hat to this mother ! for turning her in

if only more people were good parents like this

I have actually seen families tear themselves appart because they are just a bunch of nasty backstabbing #s.

No that is not how to parent. you do not go around deliberately get your children in trouble with the police and so on, you may think oh yeah thatll show them, that is only because you failed parenting in the first place and now are looking to use the police as a parenting tool.

Frankly all she did is teach her child to go around and do the same, same for smacking (Illegal here to touch a child) because all that does is breed more violence.

You may say that is soft, actually no, we have the LOWEST crime here in Europe, and a very smart and healthy and mature / responsible population of youth believe or not.

You are what your environment teaches you.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
# that if i saw my child rioting i would think where have i gone wrong. not grass them up. and anyway kids should respect there parents and also there parents beings, if my child was rioting i would smack it, no matter if it was 60 or 6 because if the owners of the shops they where rioting got a hold of them, my beating would seam infant!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

sure say she failed parenting thats why she went to go to the riots

well now shes fixing that mistake by teaching her a valuable lesson

so you see her bad parenting is starting to turn out to good parenting by turning her in

if she was a bad parent then her child went out and riot

then the child was let go free without punishment

what kind parent would that make her ?

Its people like you who confuse good parenting with your twisted version of parenting .

You have no clue what your talking about and i hope if your a parent you learn to teach your children about responsiblity and holding them accountable for what they have done !

being a good parent is more then what you "feel" its about dicipline responsibility and consequences for your actions

not sugar coating them and hoping its just a phase

"You are what your environment teaches you."

Oh yea ? i believe the term is you are a product of your enviroment

Lets see enviroment 1 .... don't turn your child in

enviroment 2 .... turn your child in

hmm first one teaches me i can get away with murder with my parents becasue they love me to much and responsiblity is not as important as a good family name

second one teaches me omg i can't do that again or they will turn me again my parents will override emotion for respoinsiblity just to teach me a lesson !

edit on 15-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Perhaps she should have thought about her future in athletics before throwing bricks at a cop car.

Honestly, how much of this was about people standing up to corporations? Because the countless videos that I saw, and the reports coming from the street (not the government, other citizens) was of people beating up innocent bystanders, setting stores on fire, walking off with TVs and XBox systems... is that standing up for what you believe in?

But then... the problem in such incidents is always accountability isn't it? "Hey! Thousands of people are rioting and looting, we won't get in trouble, let's go! Free electronics! Cops? Who cares... toss a brick, they'll see who's boss!"

Whatever the initial cause of unrest was, it was long since lost. You don't protest police brutality or government policy by beating the crap out of uninvolved civilians or setting stores on fire.

She made the adult decision to participate in this. She is an adult and she is accountable for her actions.

Just like the "protesters" want the police and government to be, right? Accountability.

Good job by the Mother. Hard decision, but a right one.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In other more important news:

1)The primary whistle-blower of the Phone Hacking Scandal, Sean Hoare, who was no doubt assassinated, has never made the news ever since his death
2) George Bush and Tony Blair are still at large for their illegal wars
3) Monsanto and other evil multinationals carry on suppressing 3rd world country workers and encourage child labour.
4) Innocent protesters are being blown up by land mines near the Syrian border, planted by the Israeli Army.
5) Governments and Banks continue to delay the inevitable Global economic collapse of which the costs will undoubtedly be paid by the tax payer for many generations to come.
6) The Law favours the rich Elite and not the Average Citizen.
7) This "snitch mom" can go to hell for all I care.
edit on 15-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Gosh sometimes its painful to read replies on these topics.
The mother grassed up the daughter? I wouldn't forgive my parents for ratting on me. The mother could have handed out her own punishment in privacy however, for some daft reason, has decided to let her daughter get a criminal record which could ,funny enough, play against her when it comes to getting a job etc.

We all do stupid stuff when were young, its part of growing up, no need to get the police involved on this one. I'm ashamed of this parents lack of common sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I honestly don't think there is a 100% right answer here, should someones future be ruined because of mob mentality and some broken glass, or should every person be held accountable for their actions and mistakes...

there must be a lot of perfect people in this thread because the self righteousness in this thread is over flowing

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

What if a child done the same thing to their parent.
A wiser long term approach would have been for the mother to take care of the problem herself.
The practical implications of her decision mean that her daughter will have far fewer options in life.
The general public don't have to care but the mother should.
Wonder who's gonna pay legal costs?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

you do not go around deliberately get your children in trouble with the police and so on, you may think oh yeah thatll show them, that is only because you failed parenting in the first place and now are looking to use the police as a parenting tool.

(...)

You are what your environment teaches you.

Word!

That comment is a sparkle of light through the dark sewers of slave stupidity.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
In other more important news:
6) The Law favours the rich Elite and not the Average Citizen.

Yep! And "average citizens" are what this family are, mum and daughter altogether. But the State has succeeded into separating them in such terrible way...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by Echtelion

What if a child done the same thing to their parent.
A wiser long term approach would have been for the mother to take care of the problem herself.
The practical implications of her decision mean that her daughter will have far fewer options in life.
The general public don't have to care but the mother should.
Wonder who's gonna pay legal costs?

no you see that is extactly what people have been doing ... taking matters into there own hands ...

its failboat. Thats why we need new approaches to problems like this .

Don't let emotion get in the way or reason and logic . Its the right thing to do

Her daughter screwed up her own future by being part of these riots .... oh she didn't know it was wrong? well now she does .

having her mother deal with it and what ? ground her ? slap her on the wrist ? "don't do it again"? gimme a break

bad bad bad parenting if you don't report your child.

Imagine the kids in the united states with the flash violent mobs?

How many of those kids are turned in by the parents ? Or should we let those kids also walk free without punishment ? because there "young and stupid "

give me a break ATS .....we are here to deny ignorance not fuel it .

Some of you have some really clouded views on being a parent and what the right thing to do is .

I know the victims of the uk riots sure would love to know whos responsible and put them to justice ? or screw those people because of my childs olympic goals lol

Sometimes the best way to learn is the hard way .

The girl screwed up her own future the mother just helped teach her what consequences of her actions are

When i was young and stupid i don't remember rioting in the streets looting , smashing windows , and fighting law enforcement ?

if i had .. then why wouldn't i pay for my actions ?

Mother 1

Daughter 0

some ats members -1

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
She is 18 years old for f--- sake. Seriously?

You bring a child into this world and raise her with love, only to RUIN HER LIFE, CAREER AND REPUTATION, throwing her into the hands of a domineering entity with zero compassion. As she will likely be made an example of by the courts, as many other rioters, her road from this betrayal will be a long one.

Sure, what a snot nosed brat or whatever you would like to call her. But it was her choice, her mistake to make. A parents goal in life should be only to make their child happy in the long term (the smaller goals you figure out along the way to achieve the main one). Either that mother has one messed up view of how the legal system will 'fix her daughter', or perhaps she's jealous of her (prior) success and jumped on an opportunity to bring her back down to her mother's reality.

Either way its a sick sad story.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
valid point from both sides of the arguements but i just have to add that.

there will come a time when a generation is so fed up with the life there living that the ONLY way they can react is violence and that is the only thing they can do

not all countrys are the same protest dont work everywhere am im guessing they know that since the students are not new to protesting the cuts right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join