It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A & E. A natural death or murdered by God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Greatest I am

1. Is it moral for either God or man to sit and do nothing, or even hold back, life saving measures from a dying child?

Obviously NO...

God, doesn't hold back life saving measures for anyone, though the man behind this child may have due to his lack of understanding of the bible. Or having the bible preached to him...

You say obviously no yet that is exactly what god did with A & E.
He hid the tree of life away.

Regards
DL

According to the bible of course...

Theres no way to prove if A&E even existed, or the tree of life...

Think its possible this is a mythological story instead of something that actually happened in history?

Considing it was man who wrote the bible, not God...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Whoever that god was, in chapter two and three, there must be something wrong with him, otherwise why was chapter one written? To fix the problem that the earlier story presented. We don't know the identity of that god, since obviously someone went through the book and changed to name to someone who was introduced much later, as in the story of Moses and Yahweh.
So I think it would be good to judge that god and it may have been the original point of the book, we don't know.
One clue would be the name they ascribed to the character in chapter 2 and 3 matches another murderous god-like character, the one who killed a multitude of Egyptians and then the Moabites and the Canaanites.
In the Book of Exodus, the angel tells Moses that he appeared to the Patriarchs as the Most High God, and not as Yahweh, so there was an example of there being a higher God who did intervene in specialized cases.
Job challenged the God of this World and took his case to a higher authority and won.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Whoever that god was, in chapter two and three, there must be something wrong with him, otherwise why was chapter one written? To fix the problem that the earlier story presented. We don't know the identity of that god, since obviously someone went through the book and changed to name to someone who was introduced much later, as in the story of Moses and Yahweh.
So I think it would be good to judge that god and it may have been the original point of the book, we don't know.
One clue would be the name they ascribed to the character in chapter 2 and 3 matches another murderous god-like character, the one who killed a multitude of Egyptians and then the Moabites and the Canaanites.
In the Book of Exodus, the angel tells Moses that he appeared to the Patriarchs as the Most High God, and not as Yahweh, so there was an example of there being a higher God who did intervene in specialized cases.
Job challenged the God of this World and took his case to a higher authority and won.

Hm, i know what you're referring to. Perhaps it is Satan? He has been known to be the god of this earth/air. Now that would be a twist if the jews were serving Satan this whole time thinking it was God. Whoever was holding out on us by throwing out those scriptures wasn't doing the rest of us any favors that is to be sure. I trust Jesus Christ and i'll just let this matter go its own way. There won't be any answers to be found anyways unless someone stumbles on Adams autobiography somewhere and i doubt that will happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by gabby2011

I really detest the answer that we don't know how God thinks, therefore we should just accept his almighty wisdom on everything. What a load of malarky.

Wow, but yet we expect our own children to listen and obey us even though they don't fully grasp the reasoning behind our rules and methodologies.

Which is far from advisable, if the parents are deranged, which apparently is the case with the OT 'god'-character.
edit on 27-8-2011 by bogomil because: addition of -character

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I trust Jesus Christ and i'll just let this matter go its own way.
Well then you should trust Jesus when he says you are of your father who was a murderer and a liar from the beginning, and when Jesus talked about the God of this world.
We need to see the god in all people and care about them as if they were and we will be judged in exactly that way, so worship is what we do every day, and any god demanding other than that as worship is the false god.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I'm sorry, you read a different Genesis than i did. The Book of Genesis i read clearly stated that by adam and eve eating from the forbidden tree of knowledge caused them to die, not God himself. When they sinned, it clung to them henceforth and any children they bore was born into that sin and their sons and daughters down the line. To keep adam and eve from living an eternity corrupted, he out a flaming sword at the gate to the garden of Eden to keep them away from the tree of life, so they would not remain corrupted forever after eating from the tree of knowledge.

God hasnt had an active role in this world since he sent Jesus, nor after because this world belongs to Satan, HE is the God of this earth/air. You pass judgement on a being that you know next to nothing about, and by the measure you judge others, shall be the same measure used to judge you. You should study your bible more and ask the Holy Spirit to help you decipher it, because you are using your own HUMAN rationality and not the spirit of truth.
edit on 27-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

If A & E caused their own death, why did God lock away the tree of life?
Your own answer will show why God is guilty of murder.

You say their sin was passed down yet that is against scripture.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Regads
DL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join