It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Compares Himself to Martin Luther King

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by syrinx high priest

The man is an amazing political orator. He was giving a political speach, not a speach about history and he knew exactly what he was doing. He is using inference as a speaking strategy and is directly connecting King's struggle for civil rights to the objectives of his own political agenda.

Wow that sounds so intelligent and well thought out it must be correct. Sadly you kept writing.

Thus he was drawing a direct connection between himself and King.

So you explain the connection, because it was not direct, for us and then call it direct?

Some people really need to get a hobby. You are all trying so hard to see something that is not there and completely forgetting the words you are using to do it. It cannot be both subversive and direct. Pick one and try this all over again.

Now he did not come out and say "I'm just like Martin Luther King". No, what he did was far more sophisticated and insidious.

And um...less direct?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
Oddly enough, just the other day my friend spotted an odd bowling ball at the alley. At first glance, the front indicated that it was probably some commemorative Civil Rights / MLK / etc.

Just the other day huh? Funny this deserves a thread all its own. We need to know how just the other day your friend took these pics I first saw on ATS a year ago.
Now that thread sounds interesting.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Boy, is that guy jaded. No wonder he's running the country the way he is. His head is too far in the sand to see where the ship is going!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join