It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Get too broke to continue paying China, What will happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Will china send in debt collectors? and start ceasing military equipment and government possessions? lol, they already have most of your mining equipment and steel industry,

Apart from war what else could china do,?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Havent you heard? We can just print the money to pay any debt...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No The government does not print money, the federal reserve do and they add interest on each dollar that would just make your country in even more debt, your country would be in even more debt than it was
edit on 13-8-2011 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The government does not print money, the federal reserve do

The Fed is a part of the govt. So when the Fed prints, it is the govt printing money.

Will china send in debt collectors?

They will just stop lending the U.S govt money, or they will continue to lend but demand higher interest rates or the U.S govt might offer them higher interest rates to continue borrowing.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Pretty sure the Federal Reserve is a private bank, not part of the govt. More money would create inflation but the govt doesn't really have much to do with it, the way I understand it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Havent you heard? We can just print the money to pay any debt...

With that thinking mate, that will put your country underneath the ground.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

Pretty sure the Federal Reserve is a private bank, not part of the govt. More money would create inflation but the govt doesn't really have much to do with it, the way I understand it.

You're wrong.

You can not maintain a monopoly over the creation of legal tender and be a private bank. That's simply impossible.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Germany tried to do that after World War I. It didn't work out for them too well.

Yes, I know you were being sarcastic in your post.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
China will just call in the debt.

They will take land owned by the USA.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hippo45

It is basically the only option available... what else is there? we have no gold anymore from what I understand...

What else is there to do... Yeah for sure I know all about hyper inflation... I read up on NIA's website often

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
[more

Your wrong the fed reserve is totally private, watch this www.youtube.com... this is where i learned most about the american money system lol

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Maybe your country could stop starting wars and invading every tom dick and harry, and spending 3 billion a pop on stealth bombers would be a great start

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
China will just call in the debt.

They will take land owned by the USA.

That is 100% correct and the reason the government has taken control of increasing amounts of "public" land over the last twenty or so years. These lands are considered assets and collateral. I read a peice on this a month or so ago, I'll try to find it and post a link. Oh, and the Federal Reserve is a private banking institution. Thats is why the Federal Government has to BORROW money from the Federal Reserve, at interest of course. If the Government printed it's own money it wouldn't charge itself interest.

Edit: link to that story HERE
edit on 13-8-2011 by KicknAndScreamin because: Added Link

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nobody knows what's in chinese minds, surely they will do something nobody expected.

I don't think they would like to merge with America as one big nation. We would infect their people with our ideas and style.

If I'm wrong...I like rice anyway.

We probably can pay them with our powerfull militar forces, as mercenaries.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The Fed doesn't print money. That's the job of The Department of the Treasury. Dept of Treasury owns and oversees all the mints.

Greenspan Admits The Federal Reserve Is Above The Law & Answers To No One

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

The funny thing is everything America invents, such as i pads and i phones, that could bring money to the country,from world wide sales, china copys them and sells them twice as cheap lol, it only took the chinese 6 hours to make a complete copy of Kate Middleton wedding dress, Why aren't the world police, arresting the counterfeiters? lol

Hitler was doing this sort of thing to Britain before ww2 he was printing British money to try and collapse are economy,

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Your wrong the fed reserve is totally private, watch this

They are wrong or intentionally lying, the U.S ``central bank`` is not private.

If it was private how come I can't open up my own money printing factory?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
OP, let's pretend I owe you money and I can't pay up at the moment...what would you do (you being China)? Seriously, what would you do? War? no go (it defeats the purpose). Sell the debt to someone else? possibly (but that sells out your potential profit to someone else). Suck it up and wait? Yeah, that's what you do, that's what I do...it's what the world does. That's the winning ticket!

Granted, there are other avenues to take...but what are the consequences of every other path? BAD NEWS!!!

Honestly, China does not own that much of the US's debt...it's like 8%!!!

The better question would be: "if America got too broke to continue paying it's own citizens, what will happen?" That is the correct question...and the one that carries the heaviest consequences!...outside of that factor, China (and the rest of he world) is about as worrisome as a cloudy day!

Worried about invasion? Then worry not!! Any military strategist from any foreign (or domestic) land will tell you, they shake in their panties at the thought of that drawn-out, losing effort.

We (the people) are all armed to the hilt...and gawd bless the 2nd Amendment; which grant us the right to defend ourselves via firearms!!!

Maybe a few countries exist that do not fear our military; however, place our military in conjunction with our privately armed citizens...well, that story changes dramatically!!!

Don't over think it...just put faith in the fact that China depends on us as much as we depend upon ourselves...the vitality of both economies are intertwined! Let no person tell you different!

China likes to talk a big game...but they got no action plan to back up their talk...that's all it is...TALK!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i am fine with china reposesing washington dc hell they deserve it.

people who do you think is paying for all those social programs at the moment? you think you do?

this country is borrowing from china so those americans can have all that free stuff they just do "rightly deserve"

and they are begging for more.

nothing will happen the government may borrow but the real money is from the american buyer of cheap chinese slave labor crap they buy every single day.
edit on 13-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

The Fed doesn't print money. That's the job of The Department of the Treasury. Dept of Treasury owns and oversees all the mints.

It doesn't print money per se, but it does control the supply of money and interest rates among other things.

Greenspan Admits The Federal Reserve Is Above The Law & Answers To No One

Just because congress has no interest in what the Fed does, doesn't mean congress has no control over it. If congress can create it, congress can end it too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join