It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros, the Girlfriend and the Apartment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

George Soros, the Girlfriend and the Apartment

dealbook.nytimes.com

When the billionaire George Soros makes headlines, it’s usually in the business section. A lawsuit that has been filed in New York has now pushed his affairs into the gossip pages.

Adriana Ferreyr, a companion of Mr. Soros for many years, is suing the 80-year-old business man in New York Supreme Court in Manhattan, alleging he reneged on two separate promises to buy her an apartment, causing her extreme emotion distress. Ms. Ferreyr says Mr. Soros’s assurances of an apartment were more than just pillow talk and she invested months looking for a place to call home and hired brokers and d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
She also claims that he slapped her around and threw things at her, I'm inclined to believe her because she's really cute, but could this possibly be DSK version two?

She contends that a fight ensued. He slapped her, tried to choke her and then threw a lamp at her, according to the complaint. She ran to another room and called the police.

dealbook.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i hate one liners, but she is full of #, she will loose and look like an idiot as she should. She couldn't get the money from the big man, so now she's going to spout a bunch of BS to get what she wants, typical move for a woman. (inb4 sexist)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
i hate one liners, but she is full of #, she will loose and look like an idiot as she should. She couldn't get the money from the big man, so now she's going to spout a bunch of BS to get what she wants, typical move for a woman. (inb4 sexist)

True as that may be the best part was finding out the Soros is a tax dodger.

Haha the court papers claim he wanted to put it in his company's name so he could avoid gift taxes.
Guy is worth billions and still can't get enough. Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Don't people know you can't accuse multi-billionaires of anything?

In the end, he will be the victim, and she the villain. It's what Madison Avenue does for their lawyer pals... watch and see.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
She's looking for someone to buy and give her a free nearly two million dollar apartment - I believe that is a classic example of a gold digger. I didn't see anything about her age, but she's been attending university classes, so I have a guess... I can't feel too bad over her emotional distress. Nobody is offering to give me anything for free and I'm not too broken up about it.

...and yeah, what a wonderful man, avoiding his taxes. It never is enough money with these uber-rich guys, is it? Don't they get enough tax breaks and loopholes as it is? I wonder if he'll be called to account for that? Doubtful.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

edit on 11-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

i hate one liners, but she is full of #

How do you know? Were you there?

she will loose and look like an idiot as she should

Nope, she would still be really cute, even if she doesn't win.

She couldn't get the money from the big man, so now she's going to spout a bunch of BS to get what she wants, typical move for a woman.

I'm willing to bet that if you stayed with that old, ugly, wrinkly man for 5 years you'd want some money too. It also isn't fair to paint all women like that. Try to be nice.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A Few Million Between Friends

Ms. Ferreyr is suing Mr. Soros for $50 million. Many of her causes of action center around emotional distress, said Robert J. Hantman, Ms. Ferreyr’s lawyer.

Nothing says "I love you" like a lawsuit for fifty million dollars.

Mind you, I'm not saying emotional distress can't be important, and to the extent Ms. Ferreyr may have lost money due to bad faith, she may have a case.

But when I see the words "emotional distress", "lawsuit" and "$50 million" together in one place, I think I can be forgiven for subconsciously adding "gold digger" to that list.

Fortunately, here in The Land Of The Free, where justice goes to whoever has the best lawyers, I'm sure we'll see a fair outcome.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Aww the poor little ho didn't get what she wanted. Maybe she wasn't performing up to snuff. Sounds like she needs to learn how to work that butt better with the next old man she tries to play gold digger with.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Aww the poor little ho

How do you know she was a ho?

You guys keep calling her names and making claims about her, but none of you are backing any of your claims up......

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

LOL! I guess TPTB don't like the way George Soros keeps profiting from making bets on collapsing currencies (i.e. recently on the Dollar)! This is definitely a set up, not that I support George Soros. He had it coming to him

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Aww the poor little ho

You guys keep calling her names and making claims about her, but none of you are backing any of your claims up......

Who expects to get paid or rewarded for being someones girlfriend? A gold digger that's who. The only difference between this ho and one on a street corner is the one on the street corner got what they wanted.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am impressed with the speed with which this woman has been vilified .... amazing.

Let's see, some old man who is filthy rich get's a girl... and what? She should be grateful? That she stayed with him, and served as his "companion" makes her a "bad" person? Really? It says nothing of him though right? I suppose he should be able to use his "rich man" status as a means to get young women to bed. Damning her as a "ho" .... interesting. "Gold-digger," huh? As if we knew who approached whom and under what circumstances - or what was said....

The days of innocence are over. People now damn anyone for the joy of it.

We have no idea what the truth is, but I don't think anyone forced Soros to date/live with this girl; I wouldn't be surprised if it was his idea, I can;t imagine her bringing it up, but then maybe the business super-genius is senile....

I guess he may never have promised her an apartment, and that should be the crux of the matter. But I can see people enjoy hating the fortunate, so carry on.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I really do not care if it is DSK part 2 or not. I do not care if the story is accurate or not. All I can really say is that it could not have happened to a nicer guy

The only thing that would be better than this is if Soros was actually arrested for a crime and held in a real jail and had to wear those crappy jail jumpers. THAT would make my week.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
this is some real irony

a dude who got rich by screwing other people over is getting a taste of the same medicine.

im sorry but i love that gold digger.

cant stand soros you reap what you sow.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

The days of innocence are over. People now damn anyone for the joy of it.

I guess he may never have promised her an apartment, and that should be the crux of the matter. But I can see people enjoy hating the fortunate, so carry on.

I suspect that people are "damning" her not for any old reason, but that they do not respect her grievance. It appears she is not fighting a "noble" fight. She wants an apartment and suing for emotional distress to get it. What she is owed is reimbursement of funds paid on a promise, nothing more.... Did she front $50 mil on the project?

She certainly has the right to sue and she will have the opportunity to prove her claims. However, that doesn't absolve her of seeking to profit off her "relationship" and that seeking of profit, does lack class. You know, how many promises have you made an ex that you did not follow through with? What would happen should she decide to sue you for them? My ex promised me the moon, I'm not suing for it...

ETA:
However, as others have said: you do reap what you sow and I guess the lesson is to be choosy in the company you keep. Lolz...

edit on 11-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Aww the poor little ho

Who expects to get paid or rewarded for being someones girlfriend? A gold digger that's who. The only difference between this ho and one on a street corner is the one on the street corner got what they wanted.

I got news for you.... you just described every women in America.

If I am an Owner of a tanning Salon, I can promise you that if my girlfriend wanted to tan, she would expect to be able to do so at my shop. It also works in reverse. If I was involved with an attorney and something legal were to come up, I would expect her help in some form or another, even if ti means referring me to someone else who can help. That does not make anyone a "ho".

edit on 11-8-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyS

However, as others have said: you do reap what you sow and I guess the lesson is to be choosy in the company you keep. Lolz...

No the lesson is to do what Jackie O did. Get everything in a signed legal document including how often you have to "Perform" I understand her brother-in-law Teddy K. Wrote the contract.

If you can not do that make sure there is a good tape recorder under that pillow recording the "Pillow Talk"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Can't Buy Me Love

reply to post by Maxmars

Lest I be misunderstood, I'm not vilifying her, and do acknowledge that there may be a case for compensation if Ms. Ferreyr lost money due to bad faith on the part of Mr. Soros.

However, as her lawyer has pointed out, the bulk of her case is based on "emotional distress", which has become synonymous with cynical abuse of civil law.

I make no apologies for my criticism of Ms. Ferreyr for that, because no matter what other facts may be in play, her own claims and pursuit of disproportionate compensation stink of greedy, base opportunism.

The facts as presented by her own attorney don't portray Ms. Ferreyr's case in a favorable light, so I don't think it's wrong to take them for what they're worth.

Don't shoot the messenger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join